The Big "Hi, I'm new here!" Topic - Part XXIII

:welcome: gabbe, welcome to the LD4all forum. What was your first lucid dream like? You may like to post it in our “My First LD Collection” in the Dream Diary forum.
I hope you enjoy your time at LD4all. :smile:

Hi. I used to be a moderator on LD4all years ago. The site went under some new construction and I got tied up with other things. I don’t need to be into the administrative end of it, anymore.

I have 5 reasons why I pursue lucid dreaming:

1. The search for significance, as validated by the discovery of paranormal activity, followed by a higher power. I am seeking evidence, not faith or religion. I think that dreams can be a main gateway to the paranormal.

2. The search for love. I have dreamt of my ideal woman or soulmate several times in the past, though not lately. The feeling of being with her was so right, with no reservations or holding back. If I could see her again, perhaps I could obtain a piece of information that would link me to her in the real world.

3. Personal enlightenment and inspiration. Dreams (lucid or otherwise) have made me realize things about myself and life in general that I probably would not fathom in ordinary life.

4. Fun/excitement. I love to fly in my dreams, be creative, and release inhibitions. Controlled lucidity can be like the Matrix’ virtual reality program or Star Trek Generations’ Holodeck.

5. The challenge. I am appalled that I keep dreaming, night after night, about such bizarre and inconsistent things, and don’t have a clue that I am dreaming. I get tired of being ‘oblivious to the obvious.’ I want to be in full control of my own mind and be more aware in general. We dream every night and I want to make the most of it.

Basic Method

ATTAIN lucidity:
Just becoming aware of being in a dream can be an amazing task. There are many techniques, try to find one or several that work for you.

SUSTAIN the dream state:
There is a common tendency to wake up right away once you have finally managed to get lucid. There are ways of stabilizing your dream and prolonging it.

CONTAIN the environment:
Once you are in a fully lucid state and you’re able to keep the dream going, it will take some work to get the archetypes to do what you want and the setting to be just how you like it. It’s your dream, and yours alone, so you should have it your way. Good luck, as dreams can be very contrary in nature much of the time.

OBTAIN the prize:
I think it’s important to have a specific goal(s) if you want to pursue conscious dreaming. If you can master the first three steps, then you should be able to have that which you are seeking.

Velkommen gabbe

Viingene invaderer LD4all !:ebil:

moooaaan…gruuuhg
somerandomguy made me come say hi and made me promise not to eat any…voice trails off as i eye petter

Hi !

Hi, I’m new here. I come from Norway, the land of vikings. I’ve seen quite a lot of people from Norway here, and also some from sweden :tongue: .

So far I’ve had 4 LD’s. I only had “full” control in one of them. The first one I had a long time ago, maybe 4 years ago?

Both the first and the second just…happened! I didn’t know about RT’s then, so I just pinched my arm, and I did it! i became lucid, but not very much…almost no control and it only lasted a couple of minutes…What a shame.

The third was most definatly the best, I did a RT by kind of melting my hands together, fun, fun. I forgot about after like 10 second, but then I saw my computer and it looked very strange…all wavy and odd. I took my hand and it and it went through! Then I took a jump at the floor and fell in slow-motion :colgate: . Then I hurried outside, ran as fast as I could and jumped, and I flew! I did it on my first try :content: . It wasn’t easy, and when I tried to perform a summersault, well…I fell to the ground and had a FA, that I thought was real.

My fourth was kind of fun, not what I did, but how it happened: I sat in my room and my sister was there. I don’t know why, but I started to tell her about LD. She had just woken up, so she could have an FA. I told her to do a RT, and it worked! I thought it was IRL all the time, my bad. I woke up afterwards unfortunately.

*Sorry for my somewhat bad english skills, hey, I’m only thirteen :tongue:

welcome back Quentin! Wow that has been quite some time! I remember you used to use webtv as a browser :smile:

Things have changed a lot since 'the old days", have fun browsing around :smile:

and sorry for my earlier response :shy:

:wave: Questar

/me wonders when LD4all turned into a dating agency :tongue:
which incarnation of the forum was here, when you were active? some of the older members are still around :grin:
/me thinks once you start reading and posting here … you won’t be able to help but get involved :wink:

:welcome: hello lucid_viking

hey, your english is very good :smile:
and don’t forget to post in the “Norwegians Unite” topic :peek:

:welcome: lucid_viking !!!

As I have said :

Vikings are invading !! :ebil:

Oh yeah, Web TV! lol, Yeah I got rid of that quite awhile ago… good memory! It was fun while I had it actually, but very limited; it wouldn’t be able to handle the stuff I do now, like massively multi- player online roleplaying games :wink:

hi everyone. i am very interested in lucid dreaming, but for some reason i am having no luck remembering any of my dreams lately. I was remembering a lot of my dreams, which caused me to research it a little more, but when I found out about lucid dreaming I was determined to try and have one. But for like the past week and a half I have not been having any luck remembering any of my dreams. it is getting really annoying. does anyone have any advice they might be able to offer?

-mason

Hello all, Im new here :tongue: I just got interested in all the LD stuff, and started my DJ, it all sounds so fun :content:

:wave: hello dream_on1623
welcome to the LD4all forum. mmm the reason the recall may have gone down could be due to the excitement of thinking about the possibility of having a lucid dream? I would think it would return to your usual level soon. :smile:

hey :wink:, just spotted you post after I posted (the curse of having a lot of pages open at the same time waiting to be read :eh: )
:welcome: welcome to LD4all Toledo. It’s great that you have begun a DJ already. Will you be posting some dreams in our Diary forum too?
I hope you enjoy your time at LD4all and that you get your first LD very soon :happy:

yeah, I probably will, well as soon as my dream recall imroves (i rarely remember anything right nia :wink: )

Hello everybody, i 'm new to this forum and to lucid dreaming in general.
i started a dream journal today, and i’m really excited to have my first LD.

:wave: hello wallstreetwalker
yay :cheer: another new member who has begun a dream journal right away :smile:
:thumbs: /me hopes that you soon get the reward of a great LD :boogie:

hi, i’m new here…
uh…
just buzzing around the net looking for compileable source material and reference material as i am writing a PSYCHONAUTICS textbook.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… :seer: :mrgreen_hat:

:welcome: hello prometheuspan
I hope you like buzzing around here and decide to stay around :boogie:

Hi everybody, I’m new here. Well duh? ;-p

I had the experience of a lucid dream for about 10 years ago, when i was about 13 years old. I didn’t untill recently, when I watched the movie Waking Life, realize that what happened to me was a lucid dream.

I was very scared at the time. And since it happened, I’ve pushed it away, disowning the experience. I guess it’s a natural response to “things you don’t know” or “the unknown”. My theory at the time was, that I mustv’e awoken from a dream, and been very very tired. And what happened was just a result of me being so tired. (!?)

This is what happened:

I went to sleep, in my bedroom at the time. I remember waking up in that bedroom, the next thing i remember is grabbing a book on the bookshelf (I don’t remember why) and when I opened it, the words and letters made absolutely no sense “oiwepruopihvn okaåpsdokcvåpodsksaåpo” All over the entire book. Every page. Page by page. I dont even remember if the letters were actual letters, or just some symbols. Next thing I remember is panicking over why I couldn’t read the letters and words, and running franticly into my parents bedroom and shaking my stepfather to wake. Can’t really remember anything else past that point.

After watching Waking Life, I realized that my experience at the time had of course been a lucid dream.

Hello fellow dreamers, my name is Johannes Møller Schou, I’m from Denmark.

:smile: