The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXIII

:welcome: hello samuraichopstick, welcome to LD4all. It is possible to use SP to enter a lucid dream.
I believe the methods are to “roll out of your body” or to pull yourself up using an invisible cord.
Luckily (or unluckily :tongue:) I have never experienced SP

Hi everyone!

I call myself TrIpod because of the new Scary movie, which doesn’t suck THAT much, I reckon. :clap:
I saw a TV-show last sunday about nightmares and LD and got totally hooked :notify: On the same day I read a lot about this fascinating topic which was really new to me since im not into esotherics or metaphysics. As a med student, I’m even sceptical towards acupuncture sometimes!! :rofl:
The next few days I did a lot of WILD, MILD, RC, DJ, WBTB, KFC, KGB, FBI, UNICEF… *sorry! :razz:
And yesterday I had my first short LD, desperately trying to fly, but… sadly no luck! :tryfly:
But I managed to fly in my LD last night! :fly: It was no problem since I summoned my Inspector-Gadget-Mini-Hat-Helicopter! :rofl: My next task will be running through walls coz I ran inelegantly against one last night.

This is the best LD forum I know, I’m thrilled - all these cool threads! If somebody had told me about LD-ing just a short week ago, I’d have worried about his/her mental state :crazy:
but now… what a nice hobby!

Heh, the name made me think of iPod :razz:

Which is good, because LDing is neither. (Although it would be nice if you were into metaphysics, because we do have a really fancy board in here for people who’re into Philosophy, and their mods simply rule :tongue: *Bruno dodges the trout from Moogle)

Congratulations on the LD! Fancy sharing it with us? You can also start a dream journal here, it helps enhancing your dream recall.

Oooo, good idea! I want to try that on my next LD! :cool:

Yet another nice idea! :yes: Wow, you have an imaginative mind :content:

The place rules, doesn’t it? :cool: I love it too.

Indeed, LDing sounds really werid when you first hear about it, but it rules!

Welcome, TrIpod! :ok:

Hi :slight_smile:
Im Andrey…15 years old…i like mangas, animes, games, japan culture, and all paranormal things xD~~
I’ve been searching aphex twin in wikipedia…then i read that he used to LD to compose… I clicked the link and now I can only think “ZOMG!1!!!1!!11one!LD!I…muuust…LD!plix!”
:3
Im very happy…lazy…and confuse?
yeah
Thanks =*

Hey! :smile:

Hehe, I can relate to that. :razz:

:wave: Welcome to the forum. :content:

:welcome: Heya, Shakz!

Don’t worry, we’ll help you with any questions you may have. Feel free to post about anything you’d like more info on! =]

:wave:

:wolb:

Whats de craic.

I’ve been a member and a lucid dreamer about two weeks or so and I’ve had two lucid dreams so far. One; the other night when I flew up into the air, made a giant bumblebee creature and shot him with superman style laser eyes. It was easy! (this site has helped loads – cheers) The other; before I ever heard of a lucid dream. I woke myself up in excitement when I realised the possibilities! The possibilities! And here I am.

I just had the strangest dream of my life which has got me up at this ungodly hour of a Saturday morning to write and post it at the dream diary. [url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/im-scared-creepy-bizarre-vivid-dream/17202/1]

Have a wee looksee. I’ve only just regained my composure. Scary stuff…….

I’m new to this interweb lark too so bear with me if the link thing above doesn’t work or whatever. Ehm………Thats about it I suppose. I’ll keep yis updated on any lucid or otherwise weird happenings – As it happens![/url]

:welcome: hello TrIpod, Shakz and Huby :grin: (at first i thought Huey had changed his user name :tongue: )

I can’t help but associate it with the Tripod logo that we see when members try to hotlink to the Tripod image hosting site and it doesn’t work :eh:

I believe there’s a topic about techniques for flying (jetpacks. swimming motions etc)
:yay: found it Learning to fly in LD’s
you could post about your hat-helicopter :boogie:

you will like our beyond dreaming forum, we also have an anime topic in lounge :smile:

/me thinks only the UK and Irish people will understand that :tongue:
:smile: the link works perfectly :thumbs: (I just read the dream). I hope you post more dreams in your topic in the dream diary forum :happy:

hi.

token hello i’m new post :smile:

i’ve been looking into lucid dreams for a while now. thought i may as well sign up on the forum.

what’s this ‘kin’ business? i’ve not seen it mentioned on the forum in the time i’ve been lurking here.

:wave: hello lizardking :smile:
the kin is the galactic signature that is calculated from your birthdate. There is a lot of information about it in the dreamspell forum and also if you click ld4all.com/more_dreamspell.shtml you will find a simple explanation and some links :yay:
it has nothing to do with lucid dreaming, it is just like an horoscope but better :tongue:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and assume that you like Jim Morrison.

actually no. i get that a lot; the first time someone mentioned it i had no idea who he was. i thought of the name a long time before finding out who the doors were, and have been using it ever since.

Nice, we got a couple of lizards(what a coincidence) the last days here, welcome!!

:wave: :cool: :ebil: :xmas: (nice emoticons here)
(Tggtt is now back to the forum)

Uh oh, now I’ve made my first post in the Big Wild Topic. The next paragraph is copied from there:
Okay, I read a lot about lucid dreaming actually two years ago. Not about different methods, though, but just about the one technique where you do reality checks as often as possible every day until you do it in one of your dreams (now that I’ve read the wikibook about LD I still don’t know exactly how it’s called).

Surfing wikipedia I got back to the topic by accident and here I am now. :smile:
I’m Campusanis (don’t ask, it’s really a long story :wink: ) and from some little place in Germany. This forum seems very interesting and I’m surely staying here.

Campusanis

Welcome new comers! :hugs:

Wow, I didn’t even realize this thread was continued yet another part :content:

Welcome everyone :welcome:

:wave: hello Campusanis

I hope you eventually post in the why your user name topic and let us know the reason behind the name :happy:

:yay: another new member that will be here for a long time :yay:

/me waves to everyone. :wave:

Hmm, by the way, lizardking, great avatar! :good:

Helloooooo… as you all guess i am new and looking forward to learning new things! :happy:

/me waves to someone. :wave: :razz:

Aren’t we all Someone for life? :eh:

I’m just joking - welcome aboard! :cool_laugh: