The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXV

Thanks for the warm welcomes :smile:
It feels kinda strange to welcome the new people as I am one myself, but welcome.

Petter: I live in Nordland, and you?

Hello, this is DudeMiester, the only and only (you can google it). In any case, I’m an avid dreamer, but not really a lucid one. Some facts about my dreaming:

– I remember 1 to 3 dreams per night and I have near perfect recall for those I do remember.
– My dreams are always intensely vivid and never abstract.
– Sometimes I am aware I’m dreaming in a dream, but always in a latent way, never gaining real awareness as far as I’m aware of, lol.
– I usually have about 7 major dream characters per dream and 20 major scenes, all with (mostly) cohesive story and flow.
– I can usually recognise what memories the significant things in my dreams come from or are based off of.
– I even have detailed physical simulations and dynamic lights/shadows in by dreams!
– I rarely ever recall much sound in my dreams, but during the day I’m always hearing music in my head, lol.
– I rarely experiance smells, but I do sense touch, although all too often it is of an unmentionable nature. :tongue:

As I was saying about my recall, I always commit my dreams to memory and as of right now I can recall about 20 good ones off the top of my head. In any case, I’m taking this weekend to write them down and do diagrams. I would do a dream journal, but you see, my dreams are so rich that the few I have written down are like 4000 words long. I can recall even the grain of wood on the walls, the decoration of a lamp I walked by or the texture of a leather couch I saw for only a few mintues. The one I’m working on now, I’ve only just started to get into the story, and I’m already well over 1000 words. Pretty intense, huh?

Also, lately I’ve been starting to contruct a dream world by stitching together various dream spaces I’ve encountered. Always, there’s a central mountain that binds them together. As for it’s size, well I’d have to guess at a hundred square kilometers or so. There’s an entire ski-resort mountain, city, jungle resort, haunted/scary resort, two beach towns, a train that runs around the island, a big sand dune thing with a submarine that can also fly and a small cruise-ship/ferry/yaght thing. I have a house in the city too. There’s an exericse club too, and some restauraunts I’ve seen. However, most of it is just nice architecture I haven’t had a chance to develop further, mainly because I’ve never been lucid in a dream.

I’ve also had some really crazy experiances with stange states of mind. One time, watching a weekend binge of anime somehow induced in me this zen-like calm like I’ve never experianced before for about a week. I swear, it was like I could see the fabric of the universe itself for that time, but sadly I couldn’t see what was behind it. I’ve managed to achieve that state quite a few more times, but damn, it takes a LOT of focus to get it started even if it last for a while afterwards.

Sometimes I also enter into a sort of dream state using meditation just for fun. It’s like daydreaming only much more intense and vivid. Although it’s easy to go to far and remove all thought, at which point it’s like I can feel this spinning of thought itself in my mind. Beyond that is the difficult to achieve zen state I mentioned above.

I’ve never had a OOBE astral-projection thing though, but that vibrating feeling people talk about, I can achieve pretty easily. It just takes a few minutes of relaxation and focus. However, I can never get past there because I get so uncomfortable, lol.

Otherwise, I’m just a crazy genius type who programs in C++, keeps up on international politics and game development, is starting a demoscene team at the University of Waterloo, is a part owner in a tutoring business and a very good looking man. :grin:

That was a bit of a long post, but it wasn’t the first thing that I noticed off the bat. :tongue:

What was it?

DudeMeister! :cool_laugh:

That username is so cool! :boogie:

/me runs around and gives everyone a high five.

Yea, im new here. I know a guy though…Im “well connected” you could say. You’d be wrong though… Yea so anyways im new to the site, hello. Oh yea, my inside man goes by “Fiver”…

Dude…Be cool…

You are way to popular Fiver :tongue:

Well, I wouldn’t say that I was too popular, but…Yeah. I guess I am.

Hey all im new so whats up

:scared: :tongue:

sounds similar to quite a few first LDs :eh:
/me is happy :yay: because an ex-lurker has decided to come out of the shadows :grin:

you may like to begin a dream diary in the dream diary forum, then you can keep an online record of your progress plus get some comments from fellow members :content:

May be you could create a short novel based on your dream world since it’s so rich in details and post a link in garden of creation.

:yes: fiver is well-known here :grin:

:wave: hello Justing :boogie: you will love it here :smile:

:welcome: welcome to LD4all - Rattler, Penguin, DudeMiester, Werme and Justing :grouphug:

Lots of new people :boogie:

Welcome Rattler :smile:
You finally joined after a half year of lurking around. You can see some more places are available to see now. I hope to see more posts of you now you registered.

Welcome Penguin,
I like the name [=
You could decide to start a Dream Journal online. It often helps for improving your dream recall :content:

Welcome DudeMeister,
If you can write as good as Stormthunder and your dreams are also interesting, I would still love to read it. She also has very long dreams, but since she’s a good writer and the dreams are nice to read it’s a very nice DJ.

Welcome Werme,
Friends of members are always welcome :hugs:

Welcome Justing :content:
I hope you have a nice time over here. Good luck with LDing.

[size=100]Will do. That should give me a chance to blow the gathering dust off of my old writing habit.[/size]

[size=100]Why thank you. =] I’m pleased I managed to grab it at this forum; Penguin’s usually already taken whenever I register somewhere new.

Well, given the fact that I’ve been here less than 12 hours, and already have two people telling me to start an online journal… I’ll take that as a sign.

Pleased to meet both of you. Thanks for the welcome. ^^

returns Blues’ high five [/size] :cool_laugh:

Dude Miester, Werme, Justing, Penguin :wave:

Welcome, everyone! :content:

thanks for welcomeing me :smile:

HI…I’M NEW… :moogle: by the way…what is a moogle ( :moogle: )

also…does anyone play Age of Mythology online??? (if you do then PM me)

Hi Rattler, Penguin, DudeMeister, Werme, Justing and redfiredragon000
Welcome to Ld4all, the only place on the web to be to learn about lucid dreams and all manner of other things, hope you have fun, the people here are great :content:

hello!

yeah, i’m new here also - i’m from the cold north, also called Denmark, and i have just discovered this lucid dreaming like 2 days ago! well, if anybody have any questions, feel free to email me, or anyway contact me, 'couse i don’t quite know what to write here :smile:

My name is Terra-jin, which is latin/Japanese for Earthling. I’m 21 years old and live in the Netherlands.

I’ve been interested in lucid dreaming for some time. It has come under my attention through friends who did it. I hope to find that lucid dreaming is really as awesome as it sounds, because it just seems too good to be true. I also hope it will help me overcome a certain irrational anxiety which has been a main problem for me.

As of now, I occasionally remember my dreams vaguely, and I’ve had some low lucidity a few times. I’m currently training my dream recall with auto-suggestion, a little extra time in the morning and a dream-journal. I’ll move on to reality checks as soon as I can remember at least one dream per night as clearly as waking life.

Well, that’s me and lucid dreaming in a nutshell; I hope to have a pleasant and interesting stay with you experienced oneironauts! :smile:

:wave: hello redfiredragon000, Knucles and Terra-jin :grin:

it’s a creature that appears in the final fantasy series of games

knucles, I hate doing introduction posts too, it is always hard to know what to write. Perhaps you could do some posts in some of the gathering topics, so we can get to know you that way :yes: :thumbs:

Terra-jin, you may wish to start a dream diary in our dream diary forum. We would love to read your dreams and see your progress with lucid dreaming :smile:

I hope you all enjoy being members of LD4all :yay:

Hi, i’m new here. Uhmm I’m from Maryland and I just came across this site when I was reading some stuff on dreaming on this one message board and it really interests me so I hope to learn some new things on here and ya I don’t know what else to say.

Hello everyone! Im glad to be here and look forward to many new friends and lucid dreams! This is my first night on the site and as I have been reading I recall a few nights ago a vivd dream I had where in one part I was in a car with a couple of friends when we
ran off of the road and into a creek off to the side. I woke up in the car and got out. When I looked down and the car had shrunk and I could only think of helping out my friends when I bent down and picked the car up out of the creek and set it back down on the road. My friends had disappeared from the inside. This is when I realized what was happening couldnt be possible and I must be dreaming! The dream lasted for a good bit longer and I was aware that it was a dream the whole time. This was before I knew what Lucid Dreaming was and when I woke the next morning I was amazed and excited to no end. Finally Ive found a place to help me experience more of these!!!