The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXVI

Hey, I was surprised to find a forum on such an unusal topic as lucid dreaming, but I love my dreams and am happy to join!

I usually have complete control of my dreams- I can always, always tell when I’m dreaming but sometimes I just never even think to take control! I have extraordinary dream self-control; my mind renders a beautiful dream world - once when I was being chased by an angry mob, just for fun I multiplied the mob to the size of millions. Being the nerd I am I gawked for a few seconds as I recognized the incredible reflections and lighting from their torches, and completely realistic, asynchronous motion from each angry villager… complete with a several-dozen-mile field of view swarming with people! I’m also sometimes able to hear and smell the “real world” from my dreams, and have some limited motor control while dreaming. I’ve practiced creating all sorts of fantastic objects -including impossible shapes-, teleportation, flying, the works, and I have complete control. I can manipulate flame, mirrors and lightswitches always work right (to quote the wikipedia article), and often I have a dream middleman whom I can explain in english what I want in a dream and he creates it! Sometimes this is necessary for exceedingly complex scenarios and I eagerly use him whenever he appears! :content:

My latest favorite thing to do is to simply release control and “watch” the dream - I’ve “experienced it all” and it’s nice to see your subconcious come up with something new!

:welcome: hello froth welcome to LD4all :yay:

it must have felt great :smile:

We do have a dream diary forum here if you want to start a LD4all dream journal :wiske:
I would love to read more of your dreams :content:

hello everyone, i’ve become more interested in lucid dreaming throughout the last week when i began remembering more and more of my dreams. I have lucid dreamed before, and i’m interested in learning how to control this and lucid dream more frequently, and this seemed to be a helpful and useful site.

:welcome: hello kevcooper :smile: welcome to the LD4all community
if you just visit the first steps and quest forums you will find a lot of interesting threads to read :boogie:

Hi! I’m Ryan, and basicly, for a few weeks i’ve known about LDing and looking to know more about it, and the other night I found this site! I think it’s great, and have even started this diary;
[community.ld4all.com/t/ryan-pridgeons-dream-diary/22836/3)

Hope you all accept me as a member :smile:

:hugs: there is no need to ask since LD4all must be the friendliest forum on the net :yay:
btw don’t forget to post that first kin dream into the lucid adventure topic for this month :content:

Hey Ryan, welcome to the forum. :smile:

Hiya,
I am new here, but not to LD

My first experiences revolved around a series of false awakening. Something at first terifying and now exciting.

My favorite LD came during a ND where in the dream I went to sleep and dreamed I was lucid.

And my favorite DS is “the White City”

Anyway, I be diving into the posts and library for a bit :smile:

Well hi everyone, I’m new here.

Anyways, my question is has anyone here ever dreamed that you are falling in a bottomless pit, and then all of a sudden you wake up and your body jerks?

I’ve been browsing this site among others for a few weeks now and I decided it was time I start posting. I’m extremely interested in Lucid Dreaming and would like to hone my skills to be able to do it on command.

I’ve had 2 lucid dreams so far. In both, I subconsciously realized a reality check had failed. It’s been awhile since I’ve had them and I’ve been trying pretty hard to have more with no luck. I’ve been reading alot about the WILD method but have had no success with it, yet. Each time I’ve tried I get to the point where my arms and legs have gotten pretty numb and my breathing has become very rythmic and slow, but I haven’t been able to produce the hypnagogic imagery. The only thing that has happened is I’ve had a few flashes of color and have felt like I was being pulled out of my body, but then I become super conscious.

I usually try for a good hour at least and then get fed up and just go to sleep. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh, and Hi!

Hi, I’m new here. :content:
I’m 15 and from Wales.
I’ve only had 1 LD but that 1 made me decide to try and have them more often, even though the first one was a bit boring :tongue: But I have been recording my dreams for a while now, before the Lucid dream.

But anyways, I’ve been reading through the forums for quite a while and decided to join, So, um… Hi! :content:

I figured I may as well introduce myself.
My name is John Cardoso, 16 years of age.
I first came to LD4All and this forum around a year ago, I come here constantly, but never post. Mainly just roam the board and read other posts.
I’m very heavily interested in Metaphysics, Philosophy, Consciousness, Taoism, Visionary Art, Music, Art in General, and so much more.
If you’d like to know a little more about me or my interests or writings, you can go to my myspace at https://www.myspace.com/cardoso6
I’m sure I’ll have a good time here, because from what I can see, all the members here are more than friendly.

Hi Marie, froth, kevkooper, Ryan, catlantic, pawnageinc, launchpad (check out the big WILD topic in the Quest forum), Tivuer, John.

Hope you’ll enjoy your stay here.

… I have nothing more to say. Except, check out this smiley:

:fly:

Isn’t it awesome?

I wonder what that strange green thing is, it holds in hand? :tongue:

:welcome: catlantis,

I hope you start a DJ. You could start it with your favourite LD you mentioned :content:

Welcome pawnageinc :wave:

As far as I know nobody else has dreamed that. But I don’t know everything :wink: The dream sound pretty symbolic and I’m sure it can mean a lot. It’s probably more clear to you than to me.

Welcome launchpad :content:
I’m glad you decided to post something after a week.
In the Big WILD topic you could might find any tips. I am not really good in WILD so I can’t really help you. I can only wish you good luck.

Welcome Tivuer :handshake:
What an interesting name, it strucks me and I like it.
What about sharing your first Lucid Dream here? Since you already had a Lucid Dream it shouldn’t be to hard for you to get a second one. I would also like to see a DJ from you [=

And last but not least welcome to John. :hurray:
I think you will like the Garden of Creation and the Philospher’s Cloud

:wave: hello catlantis, pawnageinc, launchpad, Tivuer and xcardosox

you should post about your first LD experience in the big sticky “My First LD Collection” in the dream diary forum :smile:

It sounds like a myoclonic jerk. there are a lot of topics that mention this.
Falling dreams click
“falling feeling” [myoclonic jerks] click
Strange Sleep Problem click
New Here (I know for sure that I’ve experienced the kind of spinning/falling sensations that are common here.)click

I think you may find the falling dreams topic most interesting.

launchpad, you should read the big WILD topic and topics relating to WILD in the quest forum :smile:

a LD is still a LD :yay: you should post it in the Big “My First LD Collection” too (near the top of the dream diary forum :happy: )

:eh: xcardosox … how did you manage to be a member for over a year without posting :eek: :thud:

I hope you all enjoy visiting LD4all and become regular posters :boogie:

:smile: Hi everyone. My names Kenny and I had been lurking on these boards for over a year before I decided to finally make an account.
I’m very interested in Hargarts induction technique and will be trying it tonight and posting my results in the topic tomorrow.
Here is the topic…

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/hargarts-induction-technique-log-hild/10708&&start=0

Hey, Kenny, welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your stay.

Hargarts’ technique is indeed very interesting. I’ve tried it with no success yet, I only fell asleep at night with it once, I think and had a rush of bright and vivid dreams. I almost always have them, though. :content:
Enjoy the benefits of a registered member.

:welcome:

Hey Kenny! :wave: Welcome to the forum! :yay:

:welcome: hello Mr_Garak

/me celebrates because another lurker has finally decided to join :yay:
I hope you enjoy LD4all even more as a registered member :smile:

[mod]This Part has now been locked the introductions continue HERE :handshake: :hugs:[/mod]