The BIG "Hi I'm new here!" Topic XV

Hi everybody, I’m new here :smile:

My name is Slawek and I come from Poland.

I’m interested in LDing after I come to the point that I’m waisting almost half of my life… before I started working with dreams I remembered just few dreams A YEAR. Now - few a week. Just in a few weeks after I started :happy: . Yesterday I have my first LD.

Who am I? Well, I’m ordinary student of IT and econometrics on University of Economics in Cracow. Now I’ll try to go for psychology… I’m interested in theory of chaos, photography, phisics and much more…

Ok. I think that all. I hope that this forum will bring the inspiration for LDing. :smile:

:wave: Hello again Toster, I’m glad you found the “Hi I’m new here” topic ok :grin:

It will :cool: You will discover ways to improve recall and frequency of LDs and also plenty of inspiration of what to do in the lucid dreams. :dream:

Greetings all!

My name is Kenneth. I heard about lucid dreaming a couple of years ago. Didn’t pay much attention to it. I thought it was a Hollywood plot device. Until summer of 2004. That was my first LD.

I didn’t start researching it seriously until December, and since January, I’ve had six or seven lucid dreams (don’t have the exact number in front of me).

I’m a composer, and I intend on using lucid dreaming to increase my creativity.

It’s nice being here!

Okay, here’s my introduction…

Firstly, I have never had a LD, but I’d love to experience this … I tried 3 or 4 years ago, inspired by various online FAQ’s & other resources, but never succeeded.

I did manage to introduce a degree of consciousness into my dreams - remembering to look @ my hands if I ‘realised’ I was dreaming (I say ‘realised’ because I’m still not sure if I actually became conscious, or simply dreamt that I did - I think usually it was a combination of the 2?), once or twice I even remembered to pick up objects to test for sense of touch, etc … BUT, I was never really in any sense properly lucid, let alone in control.

(Actually, sometimes it felt as if my dreaming subconscious was playing games, using the idea of lucidity as a dream-theme without me ever getting anywhere near achieving it… very annoying!! :eh: )

Anyway, the LD4all forum looks really useful/ interesting – hopefully I’ll be able to use it to get beyond annoying mock-lucid dreams & experience this for real, sooner or later…(plllllease) ?

Lo Bob :cool:.

What you had sounds like FLD. Basically… you just dream of being lucid :wink:. You act like an LD’er, but don’t actually know it’s a dream at a concious level.

When you experince you’re first LD, you’ll be able to tell the difference very easily :wink:.
Any ways - FLD’s are a sign that you almost reached an LD - being lucid was on your mind, but the idea just didn’t quite click home.

Yes, that’s kinda what I thought …when you do actually LD you absolutely *know you are, don’t you? (I mean, that is what conscious means!)

I did experience flying dreams quite frequently during this time, which I’ve read are also often a precursor to lucid dreaming, so I guess I was kinda on the right track, just not actually there…?

Anyway, thanks for your reply, I feel a bit more positive now!

Hello All. I think I posted here a few years back under the name Fathoms…

I’m a very experienced dreamer in that I’ve been recording them for nearly a decade now, though it’s only in the last few years it’s become a nightly thing. I’ve probably had a few dozen lucid or partial lucid dreams, though only a small amount of them are remarkable.

My reason for coming here is firstly to help motivate my dreaming life and recall back to where it was 3 years ago when I was recording an average of 6 a night with one or two being highly detailed (by my slacker standards). Secondly to help take the next step with lucid dreaming. It’s frustrating to know that I’ve been at this off an on for five years and still have only had maybe 5 really good ones where my intellect remains lucid, and the dream is long enough and enjoyable enough to be memorable. Forum interaction and discussion have always yeilded better dreamingness all around.

Hi all,
I found out about lucid dreaming some months ago, and then keep practising, but never with succes :sad:
I’ve also been lurking on those forums for quiet some time now.

For those more interested in my personal life: I’m a 17 year old computer geek.

jeje, Hi i am michael, :smile: , Iv had an un-provoked lucid dream, where I was in the dream before, so hi…

:wave: hello kmonster, foo fighter, Deus Ex Machina, titeuf and michael :grin:

:cheer: congratulations on your first LD michael
I hope you all enjoy your time at ld4all and become regular active members at the forum and active lucid dreamers too :wiske:

Hi, just finding my way around, like a dreamer groping about in a dark room : )

:smile: hello Butterflyshaman
welcome to ld4all, the gathering is only a small room to feel your way around in :wink:
then you can enjoy visiting lucidity intro and quest for lucidity

have fun :happy:

hi, im not exactly new to this lucid dreaming, however i have been on a break due to frustrations that arose the last time i attempted. i have resently been informed of this website and have been slowly working through. ive started a dream dairy but still find it hard to remember my dreams. the only way i remember them is if i constantly tell my self to remember them whilst in the “half sleep” period. however, i suffer, the same as many other, as it takes a considerable length of time for this “half sleep” to progress onto REM sleep. hence the lack of commitment to repeating the same lines over n over (the lines become meaningless sounds in your head after about an hour). i need advice, how would you suggest i go to sleep at nite, ne tips to sleeping? i’ve seen msgs that suggest silence…makes sence i suppose, however, i live in a university halls of residence…silence is unheard of!

oh yea, just out of curiousity, is the possibility of a lucid dream hindered by drug use?

this is unrelated, but of interest.
one of the most reliable alarm clocks on the planet at the moment is in your head. it is possible to set yourself to wake up at a certain time using your internal body clock. simply relax, as u would when going to sleep, and keep suggesting that you wake up at, what ever time you need. this works on the same princable that the MILD technique works, by setting it to your sub-conscious and letting your body clock do the rest.

this technique does work and what is best is that you wake up naturally, without the use of exterior devices, thus making you able to get up with out that groggy, i’ve just been woken up feelin’.

:wave: Hello chubs ( :user: the random pm-er :tongue: ) welcome to ld4all :grin:
Have you read “the big remembering dreams topic?” which can be found here https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-big-remembering-dreams-topic-part-ii/9233
Your recall should improve over time, just be patient. It helps if you lay still in bed for a while when you first wake and just let your mind search for the previous night’s dreams. Have you got a notebook or paper near your bed to scribble down keywords from your dreams as soon as you wake up?
I think in general drug use makes dream recall deteriorate, but it would also depend on the person.

Hello every reader of this line!

Thank you very much for the invitation to presenting myself. I’ve been reading some threads on this forum and it seems like a very nice one. I’m born 1984 and have spent all my life in a country in northern europe called sweden. I have two younger brothers and they think i’m childish. I have been in love once, perhaps twice, and it was marvellous. I don’t really understand feelings of love or how they are supposed to fit with sexual arousal, but that makes it all quite exciting :happy: Once I had a belief-systems such as that of secular protestantism almost bordering agnosticism. Once I considered myself a protestant fundamentalist. Now I’m not sure of very much, but I find buddhism to be cool. I think its healthy to see others points of view, because they tell you much of cultural indoctrination and what you take for granted.

To my part there’s very minor experience with lucid dreaming, but I have been interested with it for a long time. I have once had one lucid dream, which resulted from repeated RC during my waking hours. I awoke right away though, and could only limbo in greyish smokescreens for dreams during a few minutes before i truly woke up.

I’m also interested in meditation and new ways of looking upon what is. Sometime in the future I’d like to spend time in a monestary where i can learn how to meditate or even how to control my dreams.

My goal of having lucid dreams is to understand reality better, and perhaps through practice i might help other beings with the same thing. I would also like to fly really fast! As of now I’ve only been able to swim through the air as if immersed in water.

Right now I’m sitting in my room in my parents house in Linköping, Sweden. But in a week I’ll be travelling to Chile in south america. I will be living there for 4 months with a very good friend of mine, hopefully getting to know more people, and perhaps a deepened insight into the fabric of dreams.

:wave: hello naut welcome to ld4all.

There is a lot of information and inspiration on the forum. It should help you to experience more lucid dreams which are also better quality.
Will you still be able to visit us while in Chile?

Hiya… My name is Kai (like u can see from my nick) i’m 16
years old and i hope that im not gona be around 50 when i have my first lucid dream… I’m kinda excited about it but i gotta keep patience…
Until now i’ve had no reason to bed early but now im tryin to learn how to remember my dreams…
I have some questions but they can wait…
Btw… I like to use “…” for some reason… (damn)
… … hmm…

Hey hey,

I’m Zaluki, 19 years young.
I’ve been interested in lucid dreaming and other spiritual things, like finding your guide and guardian angels. I have been hanging around allot in the website. (mostly the dutch one) I thought I’d take international visit now. ;D

I’ll just gonna lure around some more. :content:

:wave: hello Kai-ZX and Zaluki

I tend to use … a lot too especially in my dream journal. As long as you set the intention to realise you are dreaming when dreaming and work on reality checks you should get your first lucid dream sooner or later. It depends on the person.

Welkom Zaluki :smile: I think you mean lurk not lure :tongue:
I always feel shamed by how well the members from the netherlands can speak english :shy: