The BIG "Hi I'm new here!" Topic XV

Welcome Dreaming Sprite :smile: :partying_face:

Glad you joined us and I look forward to hearing about your lucid dreams.

:wave: hello theStack and Dreaming Sprite, welcome to ld4all :cool:
You’ll find the ld4all community very friendly and helpful
you will soon improve your dreaming abilities :grin:

Hi, I’m new and was lurking for a while ect. ect. No LDs yet but I think I’m gettin’ there. =D

:peek: [b]Hi! :grin:

I’ve been wanting to have LDs since forever… I just never knew they had a name, and that so many people where into it. I always remember my dreams, but they’re always like a movie I’m watching. I’m in it, but I don’t realize at that moment that I’m dreaming. Then I wake up and remember it, and think damn how could I not know I was dreaming. :confused: :help:
I want to LD because it’s a limitless world. it’s a great way to get out of this world and have some fun! :cool:

I saw waking life yesterday and I loved it. I’m downloading it now so I can analyze every word :tongue: lol!

For anyone who’s interested: I’m almost 16, I’m American and I live in Amsterdam. I filled in my interests in my profile :wink:

well, I’m going to go see the rest of the forum.

I love the site by the way, the whats and hows and whiles are really going to help I think.

[/b]

Hey, y’all! Southern belle from the Southeastern USA here!

…just kidding.

Nah, mic882 is fine. Or Mic. Or Kika. I’m a lurker and I got interested in LD’ing sometime last year. Unfortunately, my computer broke when I got into it – but now I’m jumping back into the scene. So far, I’ve had one LD (Thursday night!) and it was great. :smile: I hope I can make some new friends.

I’m new here myself. A friend introduced me to this place, and it seems pretty interesting. :slight_smile:

My name is Anastacia. I’m 17 years old and I’m from Arizona, USA.

Hello there Seggiweggy. :content: :puh:

now i have more places to anoy you yay :peek:

Darn it, dark. I should of known it was you. :tongue:

Hi all, i’ve just signed up to this forum … seems like a friendly crowd. Look forward to chatting to some of you guys & gals in the near future.

My name is Gavin. I can remember wanting to take control of my dreams when i was a kid but never thought it possible at the time. It’s only been later in life (i’m still not that old, BTW … ahem! :wink: ) that i’ve discovered the reality of LDs. So far i’ve had 4 LDs … the first was a complete accident but i can still remember the elation i felt when it happened :cool_laugh: . The rest were since i’ve been actively trying to LD although the last couple were very short lived and i wouldn’t class them as deep LDs. Maybe i’ll describe them and my (v.informal) techniques some time but i don’t think this is thread to do it in.

See you around.

Gavin

Hi everybody,happy to discover a forum like this.
I’m Giannis from Greece

I’ve read for a month the homepage and laberge who I found accidently on net , and liked the idea of LD immediately.

I always hated sleep and I was sleeping as late as I could, but now I can’t get enough!

My current level: I recall 1-5 dreams per night,
and I had after a month of reading about it 3 LD during last week.
My first one using VILD

:wow: lots of new members :grin: :cheer:
:wave: hello Foobar, Palindream, mic882 :spinning:cheer: congratulations on your lucid dream), Segniust gavster (you are well on your way to being an expert LDer - 4LDs :thumbs: ) and Giannis (if you master VILD it’s a sure way of attaining more LDs :grin: )

I hope you all enjoy your time at ld4all, theres a mine of information and lots of inspiration here. Plus lots of members who are ready to be new friends to you :wink:

greetings fellow dreamers… just smallman is here… i have a high interest in the astological aspect of life due to my father being an astrologist when i was a child… i also am interested in various types of crystals and mystical experiances such as magick… psychics… ghosts… intence/weak karma (good or bad)… energy fealds… and all that jazz… this is my first post but but not my last… Namaste

Magnetic Moon day 13
Year of the Red Electric Moon

kin 41: Red Lunar Dragon
I Polarize in order to Nurture
Stabilizing Being
I seal the Input of Birth
With the Lunar tone of Challenge
I am guided by the power of Space

:wave: welcome to the ld4all forum, justsmallman

I couldn’t resist mentioning it. :grin:

I look forward to reading your future posts and hope you remain an active ld4all member for a long time. :cool:

I remember when I was a kid I had some somewhat lucid dreams (basically all I did was telling other people I was dreaming). Yesterday I coincidentally found a site about lucid dreaming. I’ve read earlier about lucid dreams in scientific magazines and such, but I didn’t really try to have one. So yesterday I read a lot about it, and I put a pen and paper next to my bed to write down what I have dreamed during the night. Indeed I dreamed. I only vaguely remember it now. I was on a big lawn together with a friend. I can’t remember what I did but I remember it was fun. Then I had a false awakening. The strange thing was that I looked at my watch to see what time it was it gave a completely odd time, but I didn’t pay attention to it. I even wrote down the previous dream, but for some reason I didnn’t realize I was dreaming. Then suddenly I was into some kind of office (don’t know whether it was in the same dream). It was a relatively small office, with a kind of square column in the middle. The people in that office were dealing with genocides. (I remember seeing a desert landscape with helicopters flying). I was there with a group of people, of which there was at least RL person I know. I remember walking around the office with that person talking about genocides. While walking I had to duck once in order to avoid a ventilator (the ventilator was btw not rotating). After that I really awoke and I wrote down my dream(s).
So from now on I’ll try to do a RC every time I wake up, and I hope I realize I’m dreaming when I notice one of those odd things. At least I think I’m on the right way.

moogle i love your name… and i think i’ll be sticking around for a while… there is so much interesting stuff to read!

i was wondering about dream writing… like if i can actually teach myself to write in my sleep like dream walking, but without waking up for a few seconds to write what i remember… then falling back to sleep (point finger if there is a better spot for me to post this question)

Hello everyone. I was very interested in Lucid Dreaming a few years ago. Unfortunately at some point I just forgot about it! Now I’m back at it, determined to learn all that I can. My friend and I both joined this forum and are returning our interest to the subject of LD’s, hopefully we will make progress.

Hey there, I’m Ali in Miami. I’m 28, female.

Cliched though it may be, I was first introduced to LD via The Waking Life. I had purchased the movie over a year ago, and never watched it. I finally got around to watching it a few weeks ago, and it blew my mind.

The movie brought me to the internet, googling LD to find out more. I was skeptic, but I got over it.

I had my first LD last night, even though it was extremely short, and I basically just freaked out the moment I realized I was dreaming…and, woke up very shortly after.

Spoke to my mother today and found that she has had many instances of LD in the past years, she just didn’t know there was a name to put to it. Her big thing is flying.

OK, so I’m babbling. It’s nice to be here, I look forward to reading about your experiences.

thanks justsmallman. :grin: You could post this question in Lucidity Intro with the title “Sleep Writing” personally i would think even if you managed it the writing would be so bad you wouldn’t be able to read it :sad: (the scribble is hard enough to read when you do it when awake :tongue: )

:wave: Hello and welcome to ld4all Ventilator, tsuga and aliminx

:grin: Ventilator you may like to begin a journal in our Dream Diary forum, so you can keep your dreams together :content: Then you can see how your dreaming and lucidity improves. :cheer:

tsuga did you manage to have a lucid dream last time or did you give up to soon? :sad:

aliminx … to my shame I haven’t watched waking life yet! :shy:
I’m glad it was the means for you to want to find out more about LDs and to attain one. There is a lot of information here to help you to prolong and stabilise lucid dreams. So your LDs should only get better. :cool:

i’m new to the boards as well as being new to the idea of lucid dreaming. i think it is one of the most fascinating and desirable things i have ever read/heard about, and i am interested in seeing what i can do with it. i’m generally very skeptical about things such as this, but i am not skeptical to the idea of lucid dreaming at all for some reason. i’ve started getting into the habit of doing reality checks every so often, and i need to do it more often. any help or starting advice would be greatly appreciated. please message me if you feel like giving any pointers or first-time experiences. or hell, any experiences at all.

like many others, i became interested after watching the movie waking life (i’m sure i’ll be made fun of for this, because generally films are shunned by the avid fans of whatever the theme of the movie is, but i hope this won’t cast doubt on my seriousness).

:wave: hello jhon, welcome to ld4all
Alot of ld4all members love “Waking Life” including atheist one of our moderators :grin: so you are in good company

It would be an idea to read some of the sticky topics in lucidity intro and quest for lucidity. You will find a lot of advice and information there. for first time experiences I would recommend reading the “my first lucid dream” in the dream diary forum.

Hopefully you will be posting in that topic very soon, :happy: with your very own first lucid dream :dream: