The BIG "Hi I'm new here!" Topic XVI

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m Supergirl and I joined this because I’ve recently become a lucid dreamer and feel it’s a very important gift to have and would like talk with others who feel the same way. While I enjoy the fun things like floating, jumping through mirrors, flying, etc. I’m more interested in the spiritual realm. I’m excited about being here!

well, i’m new here, too, and, despite the intimidatingly large number of alternative topics, i’ve managed to find my way to this one in order to introduce myself and send my first post. will this do?

if not, hello.

Hello ElectricOdour, Supergirl and EllieEatsMice, welcome to the ld4all forum.
Good luck with your LD quest ElectricOdour :thumbs:
Hey Supergirl, it isn’t that long ago I welcomed you to seaLife too :happy: … we have a lot of members who are active on both forums :content:

[color=indigo]* moogle gives EllieEatsMice the first prize in forum navigation *[/color] :grin:

ooh, first prize! now i’ll just have to find somewhere to put it…

lots of greetings and sloppy things to established and fellow new members alike, too.

I’ve been reading the LD Wikibook (I’m a sysop at Wikibooks), and for the past week, I’ve been working on dream recall and reality checks. Last night, I was in one of those odd dream situations, and I realized that there was no possible way that I could be awake. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to control my surroundings, and just my realization caused me to wake up after what seemed like only a few seconds. The last thing I remember before waking was a bright white glow.

This experience was a great encouragement, so I decided to join this forum.

:wave: Hello Guanaco
:cheer: congratulations on your first LD, the first one even if it only lasts seconds is always a big milestone.

as you probably know after reading the wikibook, this is very common with first LDs. But you should get the chance to explore or act more next time. :grin:

ive been studying a lot about LD’s for a couple months now. i’d really appreciate any feedback on my 1st post, and possibly my 1st LD experience. :cool: thanks, heres my post

[url]dreaming of being lucid...]

Hi, I’m new here :content:

Im a 17 yr old dreamer from croatia… my interest in ld began about 3-4 months ago, since then i’ve had about a dozen lds from which i awaken instantly, and the last month i count 3 which were a bit longer… so im hoping to have some more.
I’ve seen this site before and have read a bit of forum as a guest, but now i guess im gonna have more lds if i participate :tongue: … btw the site is great, and this forum rules!

cheerz

:wave: hello and welcome to ld4all piratejack and Starman023
good luck with your lucid dreaming :thumbs:

Hi people, I’m new here, although I’m not entirely new to the concept of Lucid Dreaming. About a year ago, I decided to learn the art of controlling your dreams, and I mostly used the methods of Laberge (or something). I had my first dream, which was… well… very very successful. I stayed Lucid for hours, I flew around, impressed the dreampeople, did all kinds of fun things, and in the end, it had gone on for so long I got a bit paranoid as to if nobody was able to wake me up since I was so successful at staying asleep. After throwing myself off tall buidlings (superfun!) for a while, I finally woke up. But then, I got a bit tired of the whole thing. The method I was using was reality checks, which meant I had to spend so much of my real life concentration on having better dreams, and finally I gave it up (had a few more lucid dreams first). Since then, I’ve been having a lucid dream once in a while, but never really bothered too much about it. But now, I’ll be taking it up again, using the WILD method, and hopefully having some fun. Yawn It’s really late now, and I’m almost falling asleep on my keyboard, so I’ll be seeing you guys later…

3y24789huriei

hey, im new here. :wave:
i started reading up on lucid dreaming about 5 months ago, after finding this site.
i have had in total 4 or 5 lucid dreams in total, with 3 of these occuring after i started reading this site.
i think i might start a dream journal and see if this helps to improve my dream recall, which isn’t too great at the moment. :sad:

Hello Jonasman and Randomocity, I’m reallly glad that you have both decided to join the ld4all forum.
Hey Randomocity, you come from lancashire, England too :happy:

I trust you both will enjoy your time here. :content:

Woohoo, had a lucid dream right after I wrote the lat post! Maybe I’ll get this fast… :content:

Hi, I’m new here. :tongue:
I have had a couple of LDs, but I want to learn to control them better.
I live in Stockholm, Sweden and I’m 15 years old. I have always been intrested in dreams, I will (hopefully) be active on this forum. :boogie:

Aloha! :peek:

Im new here so let me introduce myself.
My name is Jovita. Im from Lithuania, Europe. Im 20 years old (oh well…still 19, but me B-day is in a couple of weeks so :content: ). Im a student of medicine.
I became interested in dreaming about 4 months ago when ive found a #sealife chatroom. Im a member of the SeaLife forum from January 2005. So, i hope to see some familiar faces here :wink:

:cheer: that’s great Jonasman congratulations on your LD
:wave: Welcome to Lanina and april. :boogie:
hope you both enjoy being part of the ld4all community. :grin:

Hi all! Im pretty new here,
I really got into lucid dreaming by accident … as they jus started like 1/2 a year ago, but the more and more I read around it, the more and more i have yaay …neways a little about me… erm… I’m currently a student about to go uni and am 19

hope to meet a lot of you here at the forums!

hello freedom88
Have you thought about starting a dream journal of your lucid dreams in our dream diary forum?

:lol: It seems like the english are taking over ld4all… we’ve had quite a few new members from the UK recently. :happy:

I started lucid dreaming in November 1997 and practiced for a year. Apparently, there were two series to it: the first from November through April and the second from July through November. I know exactly, because I had been recording dates in my dream journal. In the first series, there were lucid 10 dreams, and that gives an average of one dream per 2,5 weeks. In the second series, there were 15 dreams, which gives much better average of 3 dreams per month. My regret is that most of these dreams were very short, in order of a few seconds. Then I would wake up or lose lucidity.

On March 13th 2005 my interest in lucid dreaming sparked again. On March 17th I had a very short lucid dream, more of a flash of lucidity: I was looking out of the window and realized that I was dreaming. Then I tried to turn my head to look inside the room and I woke up.

This morning I had another lucid dream, which lasted about 15 seconds. Here goes: I was standing on the street and two soldiers were approaching me. I was scared of them. Then I realized I was dreaming and turned my back on them. I saw an an attractive girl crossing the street and entering a house. I followed her, knocked at the door and stood there for a while admiring the sunset sky. Then I entered the house and searched it for the girl. Alas, when I found her at the table with some other women and tried to sit next to her, I woke up. That’s a bad luck, you know.

romeo :wave: welcome to ld4all
since you are getting short LDs at least you are able to practice lengthening them. Stabilise them by rubbing your hands together or touching/concentrating on dream objects. Do you get excited when you realise you are dreaming? that seems to prematurely end a lot of early lucid dreams.