The Big OBE topic part II

i think your refering to the state before you can OBE called Hypnogogic Imagery

I have had once OOBE while traveling.
I was lying by a side of a field and felt a bit tense while falling asleep.
So I kept my awareness and had a LD.
And there I thought…well…what to do…let;s have a look at my body. :cool:

So I concentrated with this intention and everything turned into a fog.
And the fog got thiner and thiner till eventually was possible to see world again.
And there was I- in a sleeping bag,slightly smiling.
It was just like I would be looking at it with my physical eyes. :eek:

Last night I had a very restless sleep where I’d be waking up every hour or so. At one stage I was having a dream that I was absolutely hurtling through blackness at breakneck speeds. I wasn’t in control of where I was going because I felt as though I was being pulled along a kind of invisible roller coaster track. There were also tiny flashing lights around. It wasn’t fun and I was scared and then I woke up with a start. I lay there for a bit thinking “What was THAT?” It didn’t feel like a normal dream. Is this a common thing? Was that perhaps me ‘coming back to earth’ and to my body?

Hi im new here, and im not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes. One of my friends has just told me about astral projection, and i have dont some research, and have become interested in it. He told me how to induce an OBE, but didnt tell me what it feels like. So heres some questions:

What does it feel like as you are leaving your body?
How vivid is your vision?
What do you think is the easiest way to induce a OBE?

Any advice would be a great help. Thanks!!

As far as I know, its a lot like a WILD, which is also the easiest way to induce one I think. The trouble is, there is a lot of debate as to whether or not OBEs and WILDs are the same thing or not, or if you even leave your body at all in an OBE.

https://community.ld4all.com/t/stuck/14728
ok…if you read through that link above (one of my previous posts) you’ll know my position up to this point
…i’ll just sum it up for you n e wayz…it basically is me describing a “zooming” feeling that i have when im trying to WILD…and one guy suggested that i was startingto have an OOBE…

so when he told me this is didnt know weather to be happy or sad
…iv heard OOBE’s are cool but i also heard they can be very scary…adn to be honest, some of this LD stuff scares the crap out of me

well…i decieded to persue OOBE’s n e way
I just need basic tips…maybe some ways to help me leave my body when i get to (as described in the link above) this feeling where im standing up and sitting down at the same time

i was reading in the WHILE section of the website under OOBE’s and i read something about imagining yourself flying up and saying something like “up, up out of my body”…i tried that but for some reason i have trouble picturing things in the first person…does it make a differance if i picture it in the third person…n e way, that didtn work

so if n e one know n e thing about OOBE’s id love some advice/tips…thank you :cool_laugh:

ok for one i have the same problem bud i tried OBEs for th longest time. But i have the same fear too. even trying to have LDS. useing wild going into the dream state your body going numb very odd. feeling one time i was doing that half way through. Some guy said “Hey!” freaked the hell out of me!
But yes you must image things in 1st person point of view which is very hard for some people. I found better resalts when ya do that. Doing things in 3rd person point of view doesnt work at all :sad: even though half my dreams is watching my slef.

dang…yeah i find imagining things in the first person very hard…unless iv already done it before in my life
like i could imagine walking through my house in first person…but flying strait up into the sky…much harder :no:

Hey guys,
I cant OBE and ive gotten near once or twice… i reckon the idea of it is totally awsome!!! id love to be able to do them… but i read somewhere that you cant OBE unless you first of all get over the fear of it… im not sure where, but they said that that was the most important thing to having them.

MiTcHy

I really want to try it. But I cant do them. My brother can do it, he gets them alot. :sad: but it might be too scary for me.

OBE’s sound really weird I’d like to fell the experience some time.

I just rememored a OBE I had about 5 years ago where I saw my Grandmother, she had died a day earler. Ive heard that when you have have AP sometimes you might help other people who have just died, but when I saw my Grandmother I got scared, and freaked out. I went right back to my my body. I hope I didnt scare my grandmother. I messed up a chance to be a guid.

Merged into the BIG OBE topic

Well, by noon I went for some sleep, and had a ND. I was riding my dad’s truck, I stoped in front of my house and got out the truck. Suddenlly everybody disapeared. I was getting scared and got in my house, and I heard an explosion from nothing and, at the exact same time of the explosion I got completely paralyzed(not SP, I was paralyzes in the dream). I falled on the ground paralyzed and tought “man, it’s the end of the world!”, then (now the OBE like part =P) my legs started going up, and my body went with it strating to float, but my body was still on the ground! There were 2 of me =P I woke up immediatelly, a little sacred.
That was a very vivid sensation, and I have already experienced that, but during SP, the exact same feeling of my legs going up an then the rest of my body.
Well, I never had an OBE so, is it the same feeling you have during an OBE?

Yeah. If it happened during SP in an attempted wILD, that was probably an OBE! Yay for you!

But the one in your dream wasn’t. It sounded like you were having some kind of fake OBE in your dream! Peculiar.

My oobe technique is while LD’ing just close your eyes and meditate. Just will yourself out of your body if you hear any strange sorta vibrations. It is all about your conscious energy so if its kinda blurry just scream clarity. O and by the way ive only had 1 OOBE but was completely able to do what i wanted. So if anyone says it is difficult to gain control than it will be, otherwise just lose your fears and do what you want i think it feels more real than reality.

Hi people. i am wondering if any of you have any tips on how to have an OBE and also tips for when you have one.
cheers snazihazi

Alright, I’ve been trying to have an OBE for the past week and a half or so and every night when I lay down to sleep I get myself relaxed enough so that I feel a really strong tingling in my legs and arms, and slightly in the muscles around my head (also a lot of HI at that point). However, once I get to that point I’m not sure what to do. No matter how hard I try to relax, I can’t seem to get the tingling to spread to my torso.

I think I got somewhat close last night because I started feeling a bit ‘floaty’ and even felt like I was slightly moving to the right/left but I wasn’t sure if I should have concentrated and tried to will myself out or tried to relax more. I kinda did both, and trying to will myself out made the sensation go away, while trying to relax made my mind drift, also making the sensation go away.

I feel like I’m pretty close so it’d be cool if anyone can give me a pointer or two. Thanks!

Ok, last night I got even closer, and though I kept dosing off throughout the hour that I attempted this OBE, when I was aware, I could almost see ‘through’ my eyelids for an instant or two. I wouldn’t say that I actually saw my room, but it was pretty close to what my room would look like, although it was very dark and hard to see.

So, anyone with any advice at all?

You should ask for advices in the Big WILD topic. What you describe is similar to WILD.

I have mixed feelings about OBEs. It’s not that I don’t believe them possible. I have had experiences in which I felt as if I was about to exit the body while conscious and as I am sure everyone here has experienced, that jolt back while drifting off to sleep.

So, I have no problem stating that they appear to me a reasonable experience for those who have them. My issue is that I simply see no reason to want to. Dream space is so much more interesting. So, what is the big draw? I just haven’t been able to get excited about it myself.

Eoghan