The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part IV

Everybody says that. I think it’s not 100% correct, at least it’s not the best lucid dream. It’s best if you can control yourself, because you can know it without having real control over you dream body.

yes, but you can be lucid and have no control at all.
to be lucid simply means to know you are dreaming

Yes, being lucid just means that you know that you are dreaming. There are low level lucid dreams where you know that you are dreaming and have no control over the dream, and there are high level lucid dreams where you have total control over the dream. It is also posable to have a high level of lucidity and still not “control” the dream. There is also the problem that some people seem to have dreams about being lucid without being lucid. This does not seem to be the case in your dream, then the first time that you realy get lucid you get so excited that you wake up :sad: .
don

Sorry I didn’t explain it very well…
I just remember dream-thoughts very strongly, I don’t think I was in any place, just thoughts somewhere in the dream, and I was thinking of myself asleep in my bed because that’s where I really was, yet I didn’t actually take it in and understand. I hope that makes sense…

I’m not sure if this is an LD. If it is, it’s my first! :happy: I think it was a FLD, because of the circumstances, but I wanna be sure.

I found myself in a cool, grassy patch of land with lots of people I knew. I suddenly felt tired and decided to lay down for a nap. Then, I awoke, now in first-person and in my kitchen, and I immediately held my hands to my face. Even though they seemed normal, I knew I was dreaming. Then I woke up.

Hmm, FLD?

it was morning and I looked into my fridge and get some weird marshmallowy snack. My mom asked if I was gonna eat that for breakfast. I was like “yeah.” She doesn’t say anything in response but I see two MASSIVE bags of grapes in
the fruit crisper in the fridge (I don’t know how it opened without me opening it). 1 bag was full of green grapes and the other was full of red grapes. I stare in sock of the huge size of the bags. Its like I seem to know it just can’t be possible for us to have such big bags. Then I woke up.

Yes I think it’s perhaps not so common, yet I’ve already had something like this. It’s more like imagination than like a dream. You’re not really in it. You are sleeping, you know it, but you just see images in front of you. Perhaps they are nREM dreams. I don’t know. I find it’s rather hard to make them transform into a “concrete” LD. I think it’s possible to make a mental effort in order to enter these images and make them look like a real environment. Try to imagine you walk in them, move your feet, feel the ground, etc. Or try to mentally jump in them.

I’m unsure I understand. I suppose that you were dreaming of being in a patch of land, it wasn’t real life? And if so, about the second part of the dream, why do you suppose it was a false LD? It looks like a regular LD.

JUNIOR6886, from what you say, it was not a LD. You were only suspecting that something was wrong. It’s called a prelucid dream cause you’re not so far from lucidity. I wish you better luck next time!

All i can remember from a dream was… I was kind of paralyzed. Lying on a bed or somenthing. The dream was kind of scary and disturbing so i tried to wake up from the dream(by shaking my head),strangely enough. After that i DID wake up,i’m pretty sure…

Can this possibly been a lucid dream?

It was Sleep Paralysis. As you go to sleep, your body paralizes your body so that you don’t act out dreams. You woke up when your body was still paralyzed.

It’s not really a LD. As wissam says, you probably became aware of your body being paralyzed during REM sleep. It wasn’t really the sleep paralysis trouble cause you weren’t paralyzed when you woke up.

Such dreams may sometimes look like LD’s. As you tried to wake up, it means that you were aware that you were dreaming, thus you were a bit lucid. Now, if it could be compared to a LD, it would be just a very low lucid moment. I don’t feel that you were able to stand back from your dream enough in order to modify it or your emotions, what is quite easy with a medium lucidity level.

Ok, I had yet another…confusing maybe a Lucid, Dream. I was in my backroom, and one of my DC were there. He mentioned something along the lines of “This is not real, its fake” or “This is a dream”. Whatever he said, it led me to do a RC where I looked at my hands. I had multiple fingers, and I said to myself “I am dreaming”. I remember reading on here that you can spin around, or rub your hands together. I rubbed my hands together, and nothing happened. I tried to test the lucidity by putting my hands in my pocket, and taking out something that i wanted, but i couldn’t think of anything. Then I was just like “Ok, I am probably just trying to fall asleep, so I am not very aware of my dream, so i will just sit here and wait for myself to fall asleep more”. And thats all I remember.

This is the second time I had what seems to be a Lucid Dream, but one that I have a Low Lucidity.

Yay! This morning I had my first LD-like experience! :cool_laugh: After going to sleep again from a very scary nightmare I had a very vivid dream. When I was waiting for my male friend to come or call me or something like that, I heard my cell phone ring and I took it and in that moment I thought “this has gotta be my friend, but it would be awesome if it’s-”. It was my dream-sign girl (she exists in real life and she would never call me, that’s why she is my dream sign :tongue:) and I thought too bad, it’s just a dream (like I did before when she called me in another dream) but this time I actually thought “wait? This is a dream? I’m dreaming?” But then I woke up (or thought I woke up) and saw only the black of my closed eyes and tried to imagine something, to go back into a dream. When this happened, I ND’ed again, I guess. Maybe I just dreamed that I was lucid, because this phone call happened before in a dream and my subconscious is trying to fool me, but - who cares? It was awesome nonetheless and my first step to lucidity. :content: Time to recognize my dream signs!

Congrats on your LD’s Madshadow and Robin. :good:

Madshadow, rubbing hands or spinning is useful only when your dream fades. You should plan something to do in your next LD or you’ll just don’t know what to do and fall back into a ND quickly.

Robin, as soon as you become lucid, try to look at your hands and later stare at them from time to time. It’s a prolonging technique.

Thanks, Im happy to have another LD, but one of the problems is, in my dreams, I am lucid (i realize i am dreaming), but I cannot do what I planned to do in the first place. I usually want to try to fly, but (this happened in my first LD) I just could not fly.

Can fading into a ND be the same as believing you are not fully asleep? Because thats what happened here.

There were two “Learning to fly” threads in the Quest for Lucidity subforum. For instance this one:
Learning to fly in LD’s
There are two sorts of dream fading. What is actually called “dream fading” IMO, that is, you’re still lucid but visuals disappear quickly. Then you have to spin or rub your hands to make visuals reappear. Now if you spin, beware the FA! :tongue: Do systematically a RC after this.

Or you can lose lucidity. It’s like what you describe, it happens gradually, you start to believe more and more that the dream is reality. This makes consciousness and vividness disappear until you’ll be in a ND. In order to avoid this, you have to stare at your hands or perform a RC from time to time, as I said above. This gives a boost to lucidity.

So, I have finally gotten myself to write a post…
Yesterday night I had a dream. :eek: I’m not sure what it was about exactly, I just remember following some strange guy in a coat and there was snow everywhere… Suddenly, the thought “I am dreaming” went through my head (just for the record, I used BenDrummin58’s autosuggestion technique before I went to bed - I just repeated “In 6 hours, I will realize that I am dreaming”). This has already happened to me once before, but that time I lost lucidity before I even got the chance to hold on to it. :sad: The strangest thing is that the dream didn’t become any more vivid or realistic. :confused: My first reaction was “I need to stay lucid!”, so I started spinning in place. I stopped a second later altough I didn’t want to. I still felt lucid and was aware of everything that was happening but I didn’t feel like I was completely in control of my actions… :neutral: Next thought - “I want to fly!” - and all of a sudden I jumped in the air! I don’t remember anything after that…
So, my question is - do you think this was a LD? I don’t know what to think - whether this was truly a LD and those were my thoughts or if it was just a behavioral script made by my mind based on my thoughts, feelings and expectations from my waking life…
To conclude - please :help:

Sounds like a lucid dream with such a low lucidity, that you didn’t get any fruits of it. I think you have to practise the autosuggestion method more often, read more about LDing in WL and do some RCs. I think with a lot of training it has to work and you get more and more lucidity (awareness) and hopefully some control, for you to have a little fun in it. :smile:

I forgot to mention one important detail. After the thought “I am dreaming” passed through my mind, I did a RC! I looked at my hands, but I didn’t notice anything strange or different about them. I tried to push my right index finger through the palm of my left hand, but it didn’ go through - instead the back of my hand bulged an inch or so, like my hand was made of rubber! :confused:
I don’t understand why I failed the RC. Was it because I didn’t really believe it was a dream? :sad:
:help:

moved into the BIG ‘was this a LD?’ topic :content:

Oh Q!! I just posted something and tried to hit the button to return to the thread, but it wasn’t possible and now my post disappeared! :tongue:

I’m sorry :help: can you hit back on your browser and recover the post?

how did you know it was me who merged it? :tongue: *hides between [ mod] tags :hide: