The BIG WILD topic - Part XV

When I try to have a WILD i feel weird and as soon as the shaking or noises happen I freak and lose focus.I count myself to sleep.
Is this noticiable to u guys or do u just drift in to ur dream without any wierd stuff ,advice would be awesome plz.

Some strange sensations during WILD can be completely normal, so you should just stay calm when they occur. It’s important not to lose control during this time, especially when you feel very close to achieving a lucid dream via WILD. :yes:

The sensations you felt are, like Blissful Blues said, entirely natural. For me at least I would be a little concerned if they didn’t happen so I wouldn’t go worrying about them too much. Look at them as a signal that you’re doing something right if they bother you.

Woo! I just had my first lucid dream and with the WILD technique!

I woke up this morning and wanted to fall back to sleep, but decided I would try a WILD. I counted for a bit concentrating on my breath, I hadn’t moved at all from the position I woke up in. Then it just started happing! My body started going numb and I started seeing HI that looked like a tunnel of colors. My body started to hurt a bit but I knew this was normal for the most part, but I noticed I was also sleeping on my arm but had SP and couldn’t get off it (good thing, otherwise I would’ve moved and never had my LD). Soon the HI ended and my LD set in full lucidity. I was amazed how vivid everything was although my peripheral vision was distorted (is that normal? if just for beginners?), I believe I was in a hallway/room from my junior high school except there was a pool and the hall was shaped funny. I felt a little too excited knowing that I was dreaming, but first I thought I should check and looked at a sign with large letters on it. I looked at the sign again. Sure enough the letters had changed, and I looked again and they changed again! Now I was excited and I ran down the hall and my dream lost lucidity and I woke up. Arg, it was only about 12 seconds long but wow, I had a LD!

Right now I’m shaking with excitement since I never thought I’d be able to LD. :slight_smile:

Edit: I also heard some sort of sound that was like air being sucked out of my ears or something.

Congratulations, Kindred! :clap:

You seemed to succeeded with WILD very easily. Perhaps it was because you had just woken up…I’ll try that soon, maybe it will work better for me if I take that approach.

Oh before I forget, I thought I would post this.

The other day, I woke up and I remembered my dreams from that night(For about the past week or so I’ve been to busy to write my dreams or work on any of that). I know I had a lucid dream, but I can’t remember any of it. My question (yes I have one), is, in my dream, I dreamt of dreaming of lucid dreaming. I woke up in the dream of myself dreaming but it was nothing like a false awakening. It would be like falling asleep, and in your dream you see a little bubble over yourself sleeping, and in that bubble is your dream-self’s dream.

I write it here because I had been trying to do WILD and I had fallen asleep and had this dream.

Something similar has happened to me, more than once, too. About a week ago I was trying to WILD (like always) but then in the morning (before waking up) I dreamt that I was going to bed and doing WILD, and that I did it successfully and then I had a FA. O_o I even did a reality check (before the FA) and it was positive (I was dreaming) but I wasn’t actually conscious, I was just playing along with it in my dream without actually realizing that I’m dreaming.

On one hand, you wake up thinking “oh man, I blew it” but on the other hand, it leaves no room for doubt about the realness of LD’s… I know what dreaming of being lucid feels like, and what really being lucid feels like, and it is so not the same thing.

Dreaming of lucid you just don’t know your dreaming , you just talking someone about that.

Lucid however your fully lucid and can think of thing to do while your in your dream.

w00tw00T!!. So I definately took a break from LDing for a week I think. Stopped reading, etc etc. But a couple of days ago, I was pretty tired, and I though to myself lets try to LD tonight. So I positively tol dmyyself that I will LD tonight. I just did the normal sleep routine, and I drfited off. Soon I knew my whole body had those shaking or whatever vibes. ANd I tol dmyself, after this I am going to enter and LD. and BAM. The beginning of the Simpson’s show came on? and on the bottom, the caption said " you are dreaming " … hrmm =/? and I was like w00tw00 tim Lding, and i guess I just drifted off. ANy comments for me so I can proceed further in my career

That was a good job with achieving lucidity, aznbreaker. As for not drifting off, most people normally suggest rubbing your hands together or spinning. Personally, I don’t know how well those work from experience because spinning didn’t work for me at the time I’ve tried it. I’ve also never tried rubbing my hands together so far, either.

As for my experience, I still haven’t achieved a Wake Induced Lucid Dream, but then again I’ve only been practicing for a couple of weeks. Since I’ve heard from some people that it can take months, I’m still persistent, and I’m also making plenty of progress along with it! :yay:

There was only one question on my mind. From what I’ve read, most people seem to achieve a WILD much more easily when they are tired. I have a bit of an odd sleeping schedule, so often when I am about to go to sleep I’m not very tired. Can this make WILD much more difficult? HI is occuring more quickly, but the final leap is falling asleep, which takes longer and makes WILD more difficult. :bored:

But dude, the thing is i [did] drift off. Or I had some low ass conscienceness. But once i felt my whole body virbating i told myself that i will ld right after and bam there it was. it prolly was luck, or probability of an natural LD in so long. it was pretty sweet. I didn’t do any techniques though, i just told myself i am gonna ld that night. But Im starting up again so wish me luck. and good luck to you also blues

Im a bit rushed right now because i have to leave for work, but hot damn. I only found this website 3 or 4 days ago. Ive been trying WILD for the last two nights and I nearly succeeded last night.

I laid perfectly still with my hands under my pillow, laying on my stomach. I repeated “I am going to dream soon, I am going to realise I am dreaming” over and over while imagining anything I could think of that involved ‘going down’ in space. Eventually I settled on floating down through air on a giant feather while relaxing in it.

There is a short gap in my memory here (a few minutes at most), but then I saw a panoramic vision of a waterfall at night, with a brilliant white light at the top. The light enveloped my sight and woah, the next feeling was just incredible, and weird. It felt like a combination of going through a tunnel, and falling, and my body shaking and sleep paralysis. I knew exactly what was happening, but the excitement of actually succeeding was making my heart race (and I’m not a normally excitable person). I saw the HI and tried to hold onto the feeling, letting it take me.

Then my damn mini-fridge began its cooling cycle and broke my concentration :sad: I unplugged it and began again. 30 minutes later I had nearly the same experience, but I only go to the brink of paralysis before I lost concentration. I was exhausted so I gave up and let sleep come naturally.

Is it normal to have an incredible urge to open your eyes during the HI stage?

I’ve never had the urge to open my eyes during the HI stage, but I suppose it differs from person to person. That might possibly happen to other people, I wouldn’t know. :shrug:

As for nearly succeeding with WILD, congratulations! :clap: The imagery about the waterfall sounded beautiful.

I usually attempt a WILD without WBTB every night, just for practise. But tonight, I will try 100%. I will be up until around 4:00 AM, so I am sure my body will fall asleep easily.
StEvE21 gets prepared

After a brief talk with some fellow dreamers in chat last night, it seems my problem is that when i reach the hypnagogic stage, I get excited and ‘wake myself up’ right out of it. So I’m expecting something to happen and I’m too aware of it, rather than just letting it flow and having the shaking continue.

Bit of a pain, but i guess I’m just going to have to continue trying until I’m not longer excited by it. Until I can control that, I won’t be able to progress any further with this technique.

Yes, that is exactly it!

The important thing about doing WILD is:

1. getting to a state of deep relaxation
  2. Find one simple thing to focus on
  3. let go of all other thinking

If you focus too much on the things you experience, get excited, or lay there in bed waiting for things to happen, then all you succeed in doing is keeping yourself awake because you stay too aware.

Now that you understand more I wish you good luck tonight!

Happy dreaming

By that simple thing to focus on, do you mean an element /image from the HI, or some kind of mental focus like with meditation, which you have for that purpose? With HILD you focus on the simple movement of a bodypart, but I find maintaining focus on imagery or certain thoughts much more difficult.
I will try WBTB and WILD tonight, I know I’ve had some HI previously when I didn’t know about LD’s yet, so at least seeing HI shouldn’t be a problem :smile:

Well I can only speak for myself, but I like imaging a falling or spinning sensation and keep my focus there.

Other things I have done include visualizing a simple object such as a symbol (it can be anything) or a book. If HI appears I would be aware of it but not pay any attention to it either. I would stay focused on they symbol. If you have difficulty visualizing things then just imagine a white dot in the center of your forehead. Even if you can not see the dot it does not matter just keep your attention in that area.

Focusing on HI is also another good one but you do not want to get too caught up in the imagery. Again be aware of them but do not pay attention to them.

Another option I use is to focus on breathing. This also works very well.

Finally, there is counting. I have done this as well but for me the counting takes a lot longer than the other methods.

As for HILD, I can’t comment on that because I have never tried it.

Good luck.

Always trying to see the more far away , trying to see undiscover thing in your closed eyes is a great way to do a WILD.

I think its the quickiest method.

I was hoping you guys could help me on my WILD problem. i haven’t read all the posts on this topic, but I’ve read a shitload.

Everytime I try to do a WILD, even before hand if I’m planning on it, I get a tension in my chest. I think it’s partly excitement, but mostly feels like fear, like I’m subconsciouslly trying to protect myself (from what I have no idea). Anyway, even though I’m relaxed, besides the tension, it’s keeps me awake. So I tell myself, I’m going to let go and fall asleep like normal until I lose a little more consciousness to trick myself and then try again. But I always end up falling asleep (the tension does slowly recede when I decide not to WILD). Sometimes I do become aware again, but the tension just comes back I become fully conscious . So I let go again, but will fall asleep.

It’s very frustrating and I was hoping somebody had tips on how to get rid of this fear or personal experiences to share because it’s completetly subconscious and I can’t control it. I’ve tried guided relaxation, deep breeathing. I do meditation to help w/ LDing but the tension has carried over into that. All ideas greatly appreciated.

Sorry this was so long, thanks for reading.