The BIG WILD topic - Part XV

There is still no consensus of opinion, especially for WILD since everybody has to find his own method.

Heh–first day thinking about WILDing again and I get the closest I’ve ever been to success. I read a topic on here talking about a “roll over” method that you use once waking up in the night.

I happened to have a dream where I was walking along a field. At some point I must have thought that I was playing a computer game because I remember saying “Wow, these are really good graphics.” I then picked up a blade of grass from the ground and felt it between my fingers. It was about right then that I realized that I must be dreaming, and I think I must have waken up. Anyway, I sort of subconsciensly remembered to do the roll over method.

But I felt this really strange pressure on my side as I was “rolling over”, almost to the point of pain–like a cramp. So I stopped. But I knew it was working. I think it might have been a dream in itself…well, I don’t know. I think I just sort of sat up, rather than waking up, after stopping.

So maybe I hadn’t really gotten out of paralysis yet, and that is why it felt weird.

Basilus, I justed wanted to say that you give really good advice on WILDing. Especially about using a mental foucs if you fall asleep fast, and a sensation if it takes you a while.
Anyway, I was wondering what everyone uses as a focus when practicing WILD, 'cause I’m still working on what to focus on. I already know about
focusing on what’s happening behind your eyes
counting
repeating a phrase
visualing a lotus on your stomach or 3rd eye
your breathing

Any other focus ideas?

Noises, i.e. white noise, fan blowing.

Some common ideas:
Falling or floating feeling
Imagining you sort of sink through your bed
Visualizing a scene (VILD)
Climbing a rope (you don’t visualize but you just focus on the sensation)
Imagining you walk stairs up and down

Less common ideas:
Focus on the buzzing in your hear
Hold a little stone in your hand and focus on it

Hello there, sorry if i’m asking something that has been answered already, but I really haven’t read the whole topic. When I read BIG, I still wasn’t imagining this… :wink:
Okay, I read a lot about lucid dreaming actually two years ago. Not about different methods, though, but just about the one technique where you do reality checks as often as possible every day until you do it in one of your dreams (now that I’ve read the wikibook about LD I still don’t know exactly how it’s called). Surfing wikipedia I got back to the topic by accident, saw the WILD method and - to shorten everything - I tried it once with no luck, until I got somehow “far” this morning.

My question is a bit complicated. Reading this topic, I’ve heard a lot about the progression of inducing a WILD, i.e. numbness, sounds fading away, the paralysis and so on. But how is this connected to the visual part or is there no connection? I mean, at some point this morning the HI formed itself into my room. Strangely enough it was the same perspective I saw before closing my eyes. However, I had no paralysis, no vibrations or anything until then. It took me so long to get this picture that I already tried rolling out, but I was so excited anyway that I immediately “woke up”, meaning I opened my eyes out of some reflex.
I will try again somewhen, but how far did I get? Do I just have to wait for the picture to get clearer (which I didn’t do at all, because I was too impatient :wink: ) or is this just the start?

I rarely attempt WILD, but last night I went to bed quite a bit later than I usually do (around 4 AM), and I figured I would try WILD since I would probably fall asleep quickly. To keep my mind aware, I decided to do the two times tables—you know, 2 x 2 is 4, 2 x 3 is 6, 2 x 4 is 8, and so on—in my head. I was surprised when my mind started wandering by the time I got to 2 x 10. It didn’t take more than twenty seconds to get that point, and already I was losing consciousness. I kept starting over and doing it again, but whenever I got around 2 x 10, I would begin to incorrectly repeat previous answers, or I would imagine a scene in which the calculations were involved, like some sort of movie.

Do I just need to practice this more or is there a more effective way to remain conscious?

I tried WILD yesterday and i was extremley close. I used the 1- i am dreaming technique and i focused so good on the HI that i lost control over my body. Then i entered this black void. I had previously read that that means i am about to enterthe dream. During this process i just waited for something to happen but nothing happened! slowly the black void disappeared and i knew that something was wrong!

I ended up waking up because of this pain in my neck.

Does anyone have any similair experience…what happens after the black void? How can i enter the dream? someone please answer this and don’t ignore. Thank you those who are kind enough to help me.

It was interesting. This morning I was doing WBTB w/ WILD, and anyways, I gave up after 20 minutes, and just went to sleep. Interestingly enough, I fell into a really light sleep (that or a really heavy HI), and anyways, it was basically like a dream, only that I woke up about 3 times in between. When I woke up, I just thought again of the dream I just had, and found myself back into the same one. This happened about four times, until I sort of blacked out, and found myself with SP for about 5 seconds. Then I just find myself in the same dream, and continue with it.

I became lucid later; but thats another story.

I’m not a master at WILDing (yet :wink: ), but I don’t appreciate this black void. Whenever I’m having it, I try to imagine HI until it actually starts fading in.
Don’t know if we’re talking about the same thing, sorry.

Personally I gave WILD another go this morning and again after a while I think I saw my bedroom (where I was sleeping in) behind my closed eyes. And again it was the same perspective I saw before closing my eyes. I honestly start to think if I just open my eyes unconsciously… I was stopping it the first time this morning out of excitement, opened my eyes and then – just to see if I could do it again – closed them and focused on the HI again. And well, the same scene again. :confused:
Hm, just one thing I might add. In comparison to the last time I tried the WILD method, this time I did have a feeling when the image of my bedroom came up on me: My eyes were fluttering quite a bit and I was trying to shut them to make sure they’re really closed, but basically I couldn’t do it, because I was “hyper-blinking” like hell.
Another symptom I had (maybe just coincidence): I got myself a cold last week and just before the image manifested itself, my nose was clearing up!? I interpreted this as something like the blood went into my brain, becasue it needed fullpower to start sleep. Then again, I’m really not a biologist and don’t know what it could mean.

What’s really bothering me, is that I’m jumping out of the vision everytime for no reason, I just seem to “have to” in this very moment. I’ll try again and let you know how I did.
Did anyone have such an experience with eyes opening “by accident” or is there no such thing (which would mean that I was close to getting to the next stage smile)?

Yes, I’ve had that extreme-twitching before. Only once while I was trying WILD in a nap…

As to whether or not it meant you were getting close, I don’t know. I was extremely freaked out and couldn’t get to sleep after that.

okay, i’ve been trying to do WILD for quite awhile now. What I"ve experienced is that I start feeling a tingly feeling in my hands and legs, and last night my body went numb. I can’t get any further! Can someone give me suggestions and help me with my dilemma?

by the way, i just wanted to add that everytime i hear a noise like footsteps from my parents downstairs, i get brought out of the hypnagogic trance. What else should I do? Should i get ear plugs?

i’ve tried wild a few times now. bizarrely, it seems to work much better at night, instead of after i wake up (wbtb). in the morning i can’t keep my concentration, my mind wanders all over the place.

my only problem with wild though is that once it really gets going, my heart rate goes through the roof. i expect once i’ve done it alot more i’ll get used to it.

Has anyone ever experienced a physical response to HI? A couple nights ago my mind started wandering; I dreamt that I fell down my stairs, and in response (since my body hadn’t fallen asleep), I jerked really strangely as if I had actually fallen. Scary.

I’ve had stuff like that before, but that one felt really weird, as if I had tripped on the stairs and fallen into my bed.

When WILDING, do not focus on your real body. that will just stop you from getting further. It is normal to feel numb, however you should try focusing on HI instead not on your breathing, your hands, your heartbeat.

Not so sure about the sounds from your parents footsteps though

Of course, it depends. Isn’t HILD (or is it called FILD now?) essentially focusing on your hand? I’ve done it a few times successfully, but I’m not quite sure if the point is to focus on the movement or the hand or what. I haven’t done it in a while…

chea chea. So I definately think I am finally going somewhere with getting into a LD again. Its been a couple days, back to back, consistency. I thought it was so damn hard etc, but I think i finally get the point now. Before I was trying too damn hard and I just drifted to sleep. And with those numbnesses, its your body cutting off the blood in the circulation. Its simple, I’ve gotten to the point where i drift into it, i go through the shit where you hear things than sharp pain and BAM pictures. Try this and see if it works for you: Just sleep, and you know how you day dream in class, fantasizing getting this chick, sports, or anything. Just do that while sleeping, make your own story, your way whatever, this will in my opinion will keep you conscious very low while your body drifts to sleep. Soon you’ll know that you went somewhere b/c it hits you out of no where. And btw, try sleeping with your head straight, like eyes straight up and not roll to the side. Do whatever to your legs to get comfortable, but when I do it when my head rolls to the side it feels like it takes an unusual longer amount of time and im ‘drifting’ to somewhere. =D. Hope it helps & to get some feedback.

WILD or DILD?

Obvious WILD: I literally fell into a dream. I was in bed, then I was falling into a hallway, picked myeslf up and had a great LD.

Not too obvious, after a WBTB I had the black void and a great LD. Is this really a WILD if there’s a pause before dreaming or would this more accurately be called a DILD?

It’s WILD. Anyway, what do you call the “black void”? Is is a state in which you lose temporarily consciousness or it is a state in which you’re quite in a LD but you don’t perceive anything and you have to wait for dreaming to start? IMO, it’s the second case which is generally called the “black void”.