The Lucid Dreaming Digibook [2.0 REVEALED]

That is no bug, I just didn’t keep a global variable. If you would like that as a fix, it is extremely easy, and I’ll put it in the next version.

Yes that is supposed to do that…because all the program does, is search in the Media folder for a file with that exact name. So if you change it with new media, but the same name, it will still open it up :smile: But thats not a bad thing!

lol I guess this means I need to have a LDD music player throughout the whole program. I didn’t know if people would like it or not, especially if they wanted to listen to their own music outside of my software.

I wouldn’t say real computers :razz: …anyways if you are talking about you having a different OS, there are converters out there to change it from an exe to a .dmg or whatever you need. However, if you are saying you don’t trust exes because you think it will be a virus, I gurantee this is not a virus, but I understand if you wish to not open it.

If you still have some sort of problem with a .exe…I will be releasing a .pdf format real soon (sometime by the end of the month or the beginning of March), so that you can enjoy the experience. And, you will be able to print it out!

Anyways…thanks for the positive feedback guys…I really do hope this helps everybody out one way or another. And if it doesn’t, be sure to get the upcoming versions (2.0), because I am adding tons of techniques. So many, that I have to have a whopping 2 pages to list them all!! lol. It will be cool though, because a lot of these techniques really are helpful, but they are so hard to find on the internet. Until then though… :smile:

Happy lucid dreams everybody! Thankyou for using the Lucid Dreaming Digibook!

You could try to use UPX in the next release, it’s a packer for executable files. I used it on the LDD.exe from the current detailed version and it shrinked to 2.7Mb (when using the --best option). Packing only takes two minutes and could save people with low bandwidth some headaches.

Please note that some programs won’t run anymore when packed (or only when packed with special options), so remember to backup the original before trying this out.

UPX Homepage: https://upx.sourceforge.net

MedO

i loved the music and was dancing to it. lol

Thanks, that sounds cool, however to save people with bad connections some huge headaches, I created the Plain Version of LDD, which I released last night. It is 50 KB…beat that! :smile: I appreciate the information though, and may give it a try :wink:

and yeah apparently a lot of people like the main menu music…lol. trans siberian made it, and theyve made some other awesome songs, like that christmas song carol of the bells that you always hear on the radio during Christmas. heh, I was actually kind of worried people would hate it when I first put it on there. :tongue:

just DL’ed the full version of this. i must say, im really impressed. most of those techs i never even heard about (but im not that old school…).

aaanyhows. just wanted to point out one small thing i would love to see in there. that the music toggle is global, ie it is always visible on the program, and can always be fiddled with. hopefully with the program not restarting the track every time you flip a page or something, cuz that song is cool :content:

other than that, im lovin it. this program will most definately be moved to my usb stick(i keep it in my pocket 24/7 and have all kinds of important programs and stuff there, like VLC :tongue: )

Thankyou kimius for the feedback :smile: Yeah I’m seeing many people who want the music global, and that is certainly going to be an upcoming fix.

Anyways, I’m trying to keep things organized in trying to get feedback from people. If you have a technical problem (in downloading, in using, etc…), then go ahead and post in this current thread. However, if you would like to request something, or even if you would like to help make future versions of the Lucid Dreaming Digibook, please write replies here.

All I am doing is just trying to make things easier for me to look at. Now I can create a good list of things that I need to add, and a good list of things I need to fix.

WILD Tutorial

…counting, Hipnotic Imagery Focussing, …

? Isn’t this supposed to be Hynpagogic(?) Imagery focussing?

haha its just a typo…and one that i completely looked over. Correct way is: Hypnagogic. I can be a bad speller :smile: thanks for the find!

Hypnagogic

very nice!

I downloaded this awhile ago, despite my troubles at first. All I had to do was goto the Trusted/Blocked sites under Tools and Security Settings, and then I was able to download it.

That might help if you are having trouble downloading due to “security” issues.

Sorry guys who are waiting for the .pdf version. There is a bit of a delay on making it. I am currently working on another software located in the “First Steps to Lucidity” section, and that too will have a .pdf version. So what I plan on doing, is finishing all software development, then working on both this .pdf file, and the other project pdf file. Hopefully that doesn’t make anybody mad :smile:

BTW…about my new project, you might want to go check it out :smile: It is in my sig labeled “LucidWarp”.

):

i’ve been waiting for the pdf file for a while. i’m on linux, and when i try to open the .exe with wine it gives me some errors, and i can’t view it.

a plain .txt version would be nice D:

if not, i’ll be waiting for the .pdf

sorry :sad:

There is some kind of good news… There is a slight possibility of the .pdf being finished by the end of next week. I’ll try my hardest to get that done (but that also means I have to finish everything else as well). However, if I do not make it by the end of next week, then it will be delayed another 9 days, because I am going on vacation for spring break. Very sorry for the inconvenience…but I’m trying my best :smile:

hey, you are the one who is working hard for no pay to make this handbook, you should say no sorries.

my friend has windows, he sent me couple of screenshots how it looks like. very nice in my opinion (;

For those interested…Lucid Warp, my other lucid dreaming software, was just released today. It is a 7 day training course that alters your state of mind over lucid dreaming. All in all, it IS the Holy Grail of techniques, and works awesomely if you do things correctly. Written and programmed entirely by me…it offers you the experience of a lifetime. Link is in my sig labeled “LucidWarp”. Happy Lucid Dreams!

UPDATE: The Lucid Dreaming Digibook PDF Version is now available!! With this, you get to have a printer friendly view of LDD! Now you can bring LDD wherever you go! Mac and Dial-Up users, welcome to the club!

Ben, you seem hassled by a lot of people here, so let me just say thank you very much, people rarely put this much effort into things, thanks for taking the time.

Yep…BenDrummin58, you are WAY awesome for making all these cool programs…thanks! :wink: :grin:

thankyou for all the good feedback! I’m glad it’s working out for you guys.

UPDATE: LDD 2.0 versions detailed & plain are in the works right now…and will be completed before the end of april. What do these new versions have to offer? Well…check out the first post! For a brief description though…there will we a search function to choose what tech best fits you…there will be many more new techs that most of you have not seen…and much much much more!