The Mental Scream method

Really probobo… :confused: It’s almost as if your trying to flame people at finding new ways to accomplish lucidity. Variations of an existing technique doesn’t make it bad. While I agree with your statement on focusing, I think these variations help people a lot in achieving lucidity because of many reasons. For one, lucidity can easily be achieved from just believing in it. Beliefs are the strongest technique out there. And making all these variations shows new people (or even old) that there are more ways to get lucid, and that it is easily possible. That is the true holy grail, belief. All these methods are supporting our mind, in a way…if that even makes sense. Another thing that these methods do to people, is give them convenience and better opportunities to become a lucid dreamer. Different things do work for different people. Even a difference that involves a small change. Just because this technique may not be compatible with you, doesn’t neccesarily mean that it is the same way with others. So please, back off the whole flame war type debate. Not only is it getting things off topic, but also it’s creating multiple completely pointless threads.

Okay, maybe i expressed too strongly over it at the most. But i still believe there is something called “excess”. I think of alot of things to visualize or to think about when going to sleep but just end up forgetting about these ideas when i figure out “it was just water under the bridge and it didn’t work because i drifted off” now thats not to say no one has ever made a good idea, so stop suggesting that im closed minded and deviate from science. I think not doing everything off a whim is going to help me lucid dream, so whats wrong with that?Maybe the true deviation is inadvertant, but then whos to say what path is the path we should be following, thats suggesting tradition more than anything. You have your ways and i have mine and if i every say something you might want to scrutinize then be my guest, but im not going to turn around and call you a close minded experimental deviant who doesn’t understand human nature. Alls i questioned was what i thought was excessive, and i don’t see why you would take it as an insult anyways, and by the responses it seemed like you felt that way. But, don’t let that stop you from trying everything, but to me it seems like you could easily get caught in the scenery and walk past what you were looking for. the lucid dream is where the scenery is anyways and the best sign there to me is “stay conscious until you sleep”. I’ve tried all the variations and it fails just because i drift off. screaming would of worked if i hadn’t drifted off, visualizing would have worked if i hadn’t drifted off etc. Yes, i don’t have to view every topic but i can feel like it belongs under the big WILD and MILD topics and im not capable of truly imposing that on you.
That said it seems like theres three different WILD’ers: visual, audio, and kinesthetic. but how is visualizing an apple any different from visualizing a flower? It is personal preference and slapping a fancy name and heavier connotation onto every individual preference seems excessive to me. I also may think that people want to believe that lucid dreaming will be this tip of the iceberg with alot more to explore and felt i was melting it by saying that. but i feel if theres anything of learning significance its in the lucid dreams themselves, (im not exactly sure what you can learn from just engaging in temptation on a limitless scale, but theres probably something to be learned about the fundamental nature of dreaming somewhere in there).
I also could believe that theres a drum circle in my basement but that doesn’t mean theres going to be one when i go down there but i don’t get a drum circle down there by drifting off i get one by looking for one and being patient. i think maybe patience and persistence are the holy grail. Trung why didn’t you say it failed because you chickened out, misleading info isn’t going to get a response in the context of what you really mean thus making it easy to say that i said something wrong. We can all learn something from eachother even in the most heated arguments. Maybe saying “that sounds @##$ing insane” was a little bombastic though.

Btw, your not a coward because of that. now if you didn’t help somebody in trouble then you’d be a coward. Maybe screaming at the fear would diminish the scary images. Now theres lots of ways you can scream. You can scream deep and have more of a reasoning manner in the context, we’ll call that “the resonable screaming technique”. you might try and scream in a high raspy voice but be completely deragatory and we’ll call that “the high pitched insult technique” or you could just go into total dereliction and try to diminish it with pure volume, we’ll call that the “volume technique”. maybe you don’t want to scream but maybe visualize violent imagery to get rid of it, we’ll call that the “Brutalizing technique” or maybe you’d be more peaceful in your visualization and try and hug the fear, we’ll call that the “give peace a chance technique”. Maybe you could just refuse to believe that the scary stuff is there, we’ll call that the “disbelief technique”. a few paragraphs of explanation could’ve been avoided if you just said you chickened out.

You have misunderstood alot of things said, and frankly I don’t care. What I do care about is you still writing essay style arguments that do nothing but waste space. Sorry, but this is not the place to talk about what your thoughts are. Take this somewhere else with people who are willing to reply. But don’t bring these arguments in a topic completely irrelevant. Your insights are 100% opinionated and should have a place somewhere else. Now I can’t personally assist you in your leave from this thread…but I do hope you attend to that matter. I’m done talking in this thread.

I dont care about who is wrong or not here, all of you stick to the subject of the thread and stop throwing accusations around. And BenDrummin58 you cannot speak for the mod’s, they will deceide themselves what appropriate action is when the line has really been crossed. Probobo has all the right to vent his critiques as long as it is done in a decent way. So, relax and talk in a civilized manner on subject, please.

Thanks.

I think that all the problems are due to the lack of clear explanations about this “method”, what makes it look at first sight like an hoax (I’ve to say it was my feeling when I first read it). His conceptor never gave a lot of explanations when he was asked for, what is always dubious. There is no clear process, and for instance you don’t know when you have to scream and you don’t know how to visualize, what makes this method quite useless for most of us.

For instance, you may compare the quantity of explanations given there and those which are given in the Hargart’s method.

Moreover, most of the people who seems to have had results with the scream “method” didn’t give any useful return about the way they used it (I believe that some of them have screamt over and over, changing it into a classical WILD variation). For all those reasons, I don’t think this “method” is a method. Here are the con’s.

Even if it’s bad explained, some people seems to have had results with it. As it’s a WILD method, it’s not based upon autosuggestion (some people have had good results with the “foiled feet” April fool’s method, but it was a DILD method) so that suggestion can’t explain the possible good results. In the very few explanation which are given, some of them are coincidential with the effects I noticed when I tried it (I’m neither a visualization pro nor a WILD pro, and I had no results).

Those two points don’t look like a classical WILD method. They seems to have an effect. The second point (pressure around the stomach) looks like some OBE/Monroe’s methods. That’s the point of view of experienced LD’ers when I asked them about this method. Here are the pro’s.

Up to now, I can’t decide if this “method” is good or not. I think there have been too much misunderstandings about it. The only thing which could change this fact would be that users give more detailled reports about their experiments.

As Xetrov do, I hope this discussion will continue in a more civilized way from now.

Hello, I was away for the summer so i was unable to reply to this.
Yes it is a variation of WILD, its just that many have problems with straight WILD so this is another option for them.
I dont always use this, alot of the time i just WILD the normal way.

I gave this to you as an easier way (proven by how fast people get results) some may find it harder but thats just personal difference.

i will try to write up a proper guide for it soon, but i havnt done it myself in a month or so.

Thank you 293! There was a lot of discussion about your method while you weren’t here! :gni: A proper guide would be a good thing! :happy:

When someone says “visualize” do they mean create an image in your head, or remember a picture or something you saw for real and get that image in your head…? im confused about this method but I would like to try it properly

StEvE21, both of those ways you asked about, are both visualizing. Just picture anything you want. Maybe your friends that you saw today, or maybe make up a scene, like Atlantis or being on the moon. Completely unlimited.

I think everybody is confused about this method. You think its one way, but then somebody else states its another way. Until a thorough guide to properly state what to do is shown from 293, all you can do is wait or trial and error.

Thx BenDrummin
I guess im just bad at visualization

I just want to say that this method works very well for me. It worked the first time I tried it too. Thanks to the person who shared this.

Interesting, I used a similar method last march, before this technique was posted.

I got the idea for it from the forum, but I do not remember who mentioned it.

This is an excerpt from my log of that night:

Later on, I got to the onset of SP and had some crazy sensations, but my excitement jolted me awake. So I can say in my case I got pretty close to a sucessful WILD, but got too excited.

That was my first real WILD attempt and my most sucessful one, though I will admit I haven’t done it much. If I ever try WILD again though, I will definitely use this method.

Did you use this with WBTB?
I have tried it but when i first go to bed, without any success. maybe i should try it with WBTB

I tried it at 4:00 in the morning, and I had to wake up at 9. And I hadn’t slept at all before hand. I wouldn’t get much sleep already, might as well attempt WILD.

I’m gonna give this tech a try tonight, and if I’m like alot of others who has tried this, I should have positive results. Tomorrow I’ll explain what I did, did’nt do, and what I’ll do differantly next time.

Well, I tried it out. I did the usual WILD method untill I started to see HI. I tried to scream once but it came out pretty weak and muffled. Unfortunatly I fell asleep before I was going to scream again. I did however notice that after my scream It took me a bit deeper in. I didn’t get lucid, but on a possitive note I had VERY vivid dreams all night.

Tonight when I try again I’ll scream a bit sooner and won’t wait soo long before trying to scream again.

I’ll keep everyone posted on the outcome. :smile:

Hee hee, I keep falling asleep too soon. :content:

hey 293…are you planning on making a guide for this method?
I believe it would be very useful

wow heated topic… cant understand why tho, but hey.

It seems like an interesting idea thats for sure, but now reading it i think i better give one of my accounts on this, doing this some time before not actually reading about it… did that make sense? anyway.

Screaming for me, for some reason or another, as shared by many people here seems like a powerful tool, but my screaming doesnt actually result in me being pushed further into my dreams, but quite the oppisite.

For as long as i have learned how to ld, if there was somthing that really really pissed me off inside a lucid dream i would scream, the whole world would shake and it would end up shattering, sending me with intense force and power into the black void world, the stage when you are alseep and feeling your awake body at the same time. where there is nothing to see, then i would awake, if i had enough control over my emotions, i could reenter another dream.

if i scream and blow the dream apart, i have almost never had the same dream again, and i know that this is not what the topic is about but i am getting to that :smile:

when i scream when i am falling asleep, in the stage that a lot of you who have tried it will know about, i actually feel the same feeling as i do when i am in my dreams and do it, and two things can happen. I fall asleep and have some crazy really messed up dreams, mostly not lucid until late that night or morning, or i will blow ym sleep stage apart and then i can not sleep for hours…

has this happened to anyone else? sorry if this didnt make sense i am kinda tired