The Search for the Holy Grail[project]

/me sighs

If you wanna bring it back from obscurity, lets start a brainstorm.
Maybe we should get people to say what works best for them to inducve lucid dreams, and go from there, after all, we need information before we can come up with a plan.

Oh yes, I forgot about the brainstorm, yay! I just got internet at my house so I can use instant messenger again. You guys want to have a brainstorm?

I’m in. What kind of messenger do you use?

AIM

Bummer. I’m on MSN.

Anywhooo I do have an idea for a possible first step, based on my experience. You could call it the “Initial Evaluation Stage”. What would happen is, the dreamer attemps lucid dreaming, whatever way they feel most suits them, like a dream journal, reality checks, MILD, the device of some kind, whatever. Then, after a certain length of time, they stop, wait for a while, and evaluate their progress, and make changes, then they attempt lucid dreaming again. Thats what I just finnished doing, and I think its going to work quite well :content:

Good idea :smile:. I don’t know if people have enough interest in the project though :sad: .

At the very least, we could come up with a plan and try it ourselves. I’d be willing to do that :smile:

Ok, but this isn’t something I’m particularly good at. I’d like to try cranberrydude’s T.A.M. file with Darxides FILM tech.

I offer to be a “testdummy” for this project, just tell me what to do :yes:

what I described above^^ :smile:.

nvm…

not to be a party crasher or to sound rude…but I just dont want people to make the same mistake twice. This is looking A LOT like what the SDP started out as…that is…people with a very low frequency of LDing, trying to do something WAY out there. Yes…that’s overgeneralizing…and there are a few who can LD in this new group…but still. You guys need people who can LD. That meaning you need to learn how to master a technique for yourself…then try other things to find this “perfect technique”…which all in all sounds like a fake. See…if you don’t know how to LD period…how do you expect to find a perfect tech that works for everybody, if there was such a thing.

Yeah…this perfect tech…Unless it is some kind of drug or substance to produce LDs…it is 100% not real. EVERYBODY is different. Different techs work for different people, and have different effects on each person. Some higher effects…some lower leveled. Point here is there is no perfect tech. It wont work for everybody, simply because we are all…well…DIFFERENT! Here is a PERFECT example. WILD & WBTB together works AWESOME for some people…makes some have LDs at will. But, this SAME tech used on another person, heh like me, has a 0% success rate.

Anyways…you all should be focused on techniques that are out there. Some of you havn’t had many LDs at all…and need some substance. Don’t try and jump past your limits. Take it one step at a time.

One final note…If you guys are really wanting to LD at will, then find a tech that has worked for you in the past, and stick with it! keep practicing it and go at it until you have it as second nature. That right there, is the true holy grail :smile:

Yeah your right BenDrummin56.
I liked this project when I first read it, but I think that after trying and succeeding for 3 years before, and again for a few monthes now to have lucid dreams, that there is no one holy grail. Everyone has there own holy grail.
I think this thread should be about how to find your own, not for finding a one size fits all :tongue:

PS - I think I might have eluded to a way to do that earlier in the thread :smile:

Yeah, it’s kind of a bust. Haven’t found any techs that work for me :sad:. Oh well…

Just out of curiosity, what techniques have you tried?

Just to add from my own minor research, that the WBTB mixed with a little MILD is very powerful…

I’ve had moderate success with MILD. Maybe I’ll try adding some WBTB and see what happens.

My main problem is not being able to fall asleep quickly enough. On the rare occasions where I can, I don’t want to ruin it by trying, and I’m just to dang tired.

Sounds like me :tongue:
I’m actually curious about using an induction device of some kind, like the Nova Dreamer for example, that way I can just let myself fall asleep and I’ll have more of an idea on how a dreamsign might present itself. The problem is finding a cheap one :wink: