What Book Are You Reading? - Part VIII

Yes, the site is great too. He seems to really enjoy his work, and that makes a huge difference in any field.

I also highly recommend the site to anyone who has interest!

here it is - https://www.lucidadvice.com

Right now im reading

House of the scorpion by Nancy Farmer. (awesome book, im reading it for the 5th time)

Sunwing by kenneth oppel(also an awesome book that im reading for the 5th time)

Dragon Moon by Carole wilkinson (continuation of 2 awesome books, havent read this one yet)

and of course,

Speedsolving the cube by Dan Harris(learning all the algorithms in here)

Cool, I just downloaded this book a week ago but haven’t gotten into it yet.

I’m a very unorganized reader; I’ll read a few books at a time and just take forever:

Currently:

Now and Forever by Ray Bradbury
Johnathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
The Quest of the Holy Grail translated by P.M. Matarasso

Have recently read:
Moby Dick, by Herman Melville
The Surprising Adventures of Baron Munchhausen, by Rudolf Erich Raspe.

Currently reading:
Ficciones, by Jorge Luis Borges, and he is a freaking genius. You may want to have a look at one of the stories in there in particular.

Ficciones is sublime.

tox: I made the whole forum read Ficciones once or twice. By the whole forum I’m being an italo-Brazilian and meaning I made a couple more people than the cosmos had planned at first read Ficciones. It was book of the month and all; also sneaks into the Cloud whenever appropriate. I believe I made Win Laik Pya read Calvino on a similar context? (Si una notte d’inverno un viaggiatore, this time: because I’m too hip to force Città down peoples throats without ensuring they acquire the taste for Calvino first :razz:).

i’m currently reading Gate of Ivory by Robert Holdstock

for me its exploring the world of lucid dreaming by LaBerge
and gateway to the inner self by waggoner so far there very interesting

on a non LD related books i’m reading catching fire i forgot the author atm though its the sequel to the hunger games

I just read an awesome book put out by Cory Doctrow of BoingBoing in 2007. It reminds me of 1984 a bit, but instead of just predicting a downfall, it shows a kid’s effort to reverse the changes taking place in the city around him. As time goes on and these National Security types keep getting crazier, the actions in this story keep getting closer to reality, and I think the book was written in such a way as to highlight that. In any case, I picked it up earlier today at lunch, thinking it might be an interesting read, and I couldn’t put it down until I had finished it cover to cover. Definitely something I recommend you read.

It’s available free online in almost every conceivable format here.

I stopped all other reading and directed all my attention to Darkly Dreaming Dexter.

The 4th season finale was AWESOME.

I’m currently reading Forest Mage of the Soldier Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb (Megan Lindholm), it’s a very exiting book!

I’m reading Art of dreaming by Carlos Castaneda

The First King of Shannara
by Terry Brooks

a fantasy book from the saga of Shannara

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

Summer Reading Assignment. :sad:

Hope it’s a good book.

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge and Howard Rheingold. I haven’t read this book seriously for roughly a decade at least. I’ll never forget the day I first saw LaBerge’s first book in the Decatur Library (sigh)

I’m reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. He has a quirky imagination that I love.

None at the moment, but I’ve been trying to find John Green’s “Looking for Alaska” for several months now. I really want to read it again.

Go figure, it’s due to be returned at the library on the day that I leave for camp. xD

i just started The Teeth of the Tiger by tom clancy, its pretty good if your into spy-ish novels :content:

I just finished reading Inca Gold by Clive Cussler! I love Cussler’s books about Dirk Pitt, I definitely recommend it along with Sahara!

im reading Control YOur Dreams by Jayne Gackenbach and jane Bosveld

i didnt know carlos cataneda wrote a book on dreams i really like his don juan book

Edited two posts together, please use edit. :dragon: