First Steps to WILD part III (Basic WILD Q&A)

[mod]This is part III of the First Steps to WILD Topic.

Please use this topic for all basic questions about the WILD technique.

Part I
Part II
[/mod]

okay i’ve been trying to preform WILD’s and LD’s for the past week now,
i know i’m so close to it. i always feel concious inside this almost dream state, but i can’t seem to become fully pulled into the dream. can someone help please?[/code]

Well do you see HI when your almost there or any part when your sleeping?

ya do you experience any HI, or SP?

I just learned what WILD is but I dont realy understand what you do :confused: As long as it will help me have LDs almost at will(because I want to do the quest for the next moon :smile: ) than I want to try it so please :help: .

WILD is a tech. where you go from being concious to being inside the dream. You fool your body into thinking your mind is asleep. What you do is relax like you would normally before going to sleep. Then you wait for sleep paralysis to kick in. While you’re waiting you can do all sorts of different things. You can count your breathes, imagine a dreamscape, look at the swirling colors, just don’t fall asleep to quickly. If you do you’ll end up in a normal dream. Once the sleep paralysis comes, you’ll be in a dream soon.

Steps

1. Relax
  2. Let your body fall asleep
  3. Wait for sleep paralysis
  4. LD

Basically what Tcc said

Oh and :welcome: to ld4all!

Might i add, you use HI , not SP . and it’s not a tech thats easily mastered by begginers. I think unless you really know what your doing, that you should get used to reality checks during the day, using a dream journal, and learn your sleep schedule first. Just a suggestion.

Welcome :tongue:

I do use a dream journal and i do use RCs :smile: But what do you mean by its not easily mastered by begginners? I need more info :confused:

I mean, it’s not something that you can easily just “do” if your just starting. It’s tuff, and can be VERY frustrating.

yea i think for now u should just stick with easy techniques like MILD/WBTB…WILD can take A LONG TIME to master!!!

Exactly, i started out trying to do WILD and it never worked, so I got Really Pi**ed Off and like ruined all of my motivation.

Then, after about my first couple of MILD & DILD induced LD 's i managed to WILD very often.
:tongue:

yeah i think im going to try WBTB tonight. I’ll tell you guys how it went in the morning :content:

Welcome !!! im curious how it went … :smile:
greets from sakoda

To be honest, you cannot do WILD while first going to bed at nigth- This tech is called Wake Induced Lucid Dream, so you’d have to go straight from being awake to dreaming, and since you, at night have to sleep through a Deep Sleep cycle before entering REM Sleep it’s more like MILD :wink:

WILD is, as has already been described, moving from the waking state into the dreaming state without losing consciousness.

It might take a while before you can figure out how to keep yourself at the right level of awareness and what the right level of awareness is exactly. :bored: It is also possible you might get lucky and stumble on the technique/s that work for you quickly (Although most people don’t). So it might take considerable time to figure out a successful technique for you.

This means that if you want an LD quickly you should probably try WILD a couple of times; if you don’t succeed try MILD. It is usually quicker to get an LD with MILD, but you won’t have the same amount of control over when the LD happens as you will with WILD.

Well I told you guys I’d tell you how it worked out…

I dont think I had a LD, :sad: because even though I cant remember my dream last night, When ever I have a LD I remember it. I will try WBTB again tonight unless u guys have a better technic like MILD. If so please tell me what it means :yinyang:

Here is a simple technique that can get you lucid. It is called FILD. If you want to know about please click on the word that says FILD.

Yeah it is probably good to try different techniques because they may be easier for you,. You CAN WILD when first going to sleep by manually getting yourself in the right REM state. thats all I have to say for now.

Hey KT4all,

I tried your technique last night and guesswhat… I had a LD! :grin:

I have finally found a tech. that works for me! :cheer:

In this dream I did the quest for this moon(resize youself :happy: )so if you want to know what happened in the LD you can go there and read my post :user:

That’s good to hear! :happy: told you it would be simple…
I’ll be sure to look at your post … could you give me a link?