LD4all Quest 26: The Spirit of giving

LD4all Quest 26: Rhythmic Moon: The Spirit of Giving
Author: pasQuale

Each moon, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

The Spirit of Giving
This one may sound familiar, and it is, we are going to do the giving Quest again :smile:

We are nearing Christmas, and one of the Christmas feelings is the spirit of giving. And of receiving too. Therefore, this Quest, you will give another dreamer a present. You can attempt to have a real shared dream, or give it to someone you love IRL or maybe to a dream character you like. The point is to experience giving.

The fun part of this one is ofcourse to team up with another dreamer and try to exchange gifts. This is how it was done last year. This year you may also do that, but you may also give a present to anyone you like in your dream. The fun part of teaming up with someone is that you also get to receive their gift, to try and find what they left you in another dream. To receive the gift isn’t necessary to complete the Quest, it’s a bonus option.

To complete this Quest and earn your wings* Once you are lucid: give a gift to your buddy or to someone you want to give a gift to.

• bonus: receive a gift back from your buddy
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

bonus option: (and most fun one :grin:
Select a buddy who you will do this Quest with. You can do this either by PM or a post in the forum, in any case make a post in this topic announcing who your buddy is.

Then, your goal is to give your gift to your buddy, AND to receive your buddy’s gift. You can try do do that in one dream, but you can also use more dreams for it. (You would give the gift in one LD, and then in another LD you will search for the gift that your buddy left you)

It is possible you meet your buddy in a ND and receive a gift, that counts too. But the dream you actually bring the gift should be a LD. (This is a lucid dreaming Quest after all :tongue: )

Your gift should be packaged, so the receiver has to unpack it.
You can chose to give a surprise gift (you don’t know what is in it yourself) or select something you want to give. Be sure to wrap it up.

Giftshopping in your dream world:* Reach out in your pocket/bag and know your gift is inside.

• Enter a shop and get something you like, have it gift wrapped…
  • Summon or materialize the gift you want to give. Call: “please let the perfect gift for [name] appear”
  • Expect the gift to be there when you turn around. Turn around.

Finding the receiver
note:You should bring the gift personally, so no sending it or giving it to someone else to bring it.* Enter an elevator and press the button with the name of your buddy to get there

• Stand in front of a door. Know that behind the door you will find your buddy. Open the door and go inside.
  • Summon your buddy. Call out his/her name.
  • Ask someone in your dream to take you to the one you want to give your present to.
  • You could also set up a meeting place, in that case use any of the above methods (or your own method) to travel to the meeting place.

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest
  • Decide what you will do to find your gift, decide who you will give it to (if you haven’t teamed up with a buddy) Do you already know what you will give or will it be a surprise gift? How will you find the gift receiver?

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Be sure to announce who you have teamed up with in the topic!

last but not least: have fun everyone! :happy:

:peek: note: rhythmic moon is from december 13 2007 to january 9 2008

That’s nice :content:
Might try it out when I get an LD someday :tongue:
What are the “wings”?

Note: Rhytmic moon ends at my birthday XP

Ahh, this should be fun. I remember last year I packaged my gifts in tiny, invisible boxes (about the size of a watch box, but yet it still held a snowboard).
I’ll have to come up with another, creative way to do it.

I’m not going to say who I plan on giving gifts to. That’s part of the surprise. :smile:

Wings are these things:
They will appear under your username, above your avatar if you complete a Quest. :content:

I’m thinking about doing this one even though I haven’t remembered any dreams lately, let alone have a lucid dream. This can be a good motivation. :content:

This sounds fun, I’m going to give it a shot :smile: I’ve not had much luck with LD’s, only had one since September, and that only lasted for a few seconds. But this will give me some direction as soon as I realize I’m LD the next time… if it even happens!

I already know what I’d want to give :grin:

I want to do this again, too! :happy:

/me looks at Sandra

So. You prefer to try it with someone different this time, or wanna pair again?

/me looks at Bruno

/me looks at Wissam

I already talked about with him and he is my buddy ^^

ohh! as much as i wanted to do the last one on time, this is such a cute idea!

*me already has some ideas… hehe

nothing bad, i promise :angel:

No problem, Sandraatje! :happy:

/me pairs with Magnus :yay:

I’ll start incubating today. :yes:

This sounds fun, and could be the first quest I work on.

Anyone wanna partner up?

Hmm this is the first Quest I wanted to try :smile:
I did not manage to do it but I will try again :smile:
Anyone who wants to partner up with me?

I tried to incubate a Magnus dream, ended up with a videogame dream.

/me :truit: Magnus :razz:

To be posted in the evening.

well since my number one lucid goal is to get to the labyrinth … I could take a gift with me to give to hippo when I arrive :happy:
It would be great if i got there, met hippo, gave him a gift and in addition got lucid quest wings :yay:

wish me luck!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: go moogle! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

since moogle wants to give a gift in the labyrinth i think i will also join and return a gift to her when she gets there or maybe just look for her and give her a gift. ssssoooo moogle if you want i could be your partner for this project. :content:

Liam and I are teaming up for this quest :content:
We shall pwn all :ebil: (or at least earn us some wings :razz: )

I dreamt that i got a drawing from Magnus, hidden in a book! It must have been intended for Bruno!

I wonder whats inside the present if I receive one … :peek:

:smile: sounds like a good idea to me, You up for a present Q?

but ofcourse :grin:

ok richie you got it, i’ll find you and give you a present as well :smile:

Still waiting for Nicks present pokes Nick :tongue: (Then I can finally post those dreams from last year’s Quest :lol: )