Learning to fly

I have alway been able to fly for some reason .

I just make a jump (preferable from a space with some hight) and … fly.

I have two idead, both not tested (by me).

1. Try asking a DC to use his/her powers to lift you, then feel their power pushing you up by the chest, inside you.

2. Try jumping and tell yourself you won’t fall, you’ll just keep going up…

That’s because you are, in fact, Petter Pan :yes:

I have never had one problem with flying. Even when I am in a building. I roll back my head and look toward the ceiing, then I feel the force of two magnets of the same pole pushing me up into the air. (If I’m inside, I just go through the roof with no trouble at all.)

If I’m outside, I leap into the air and zoom around.

Once, I did use magnets during my flight! It was quite fun, while I was in the air I could use my mind to make magnets appear behind me, I could make both of the north or south poles get near each other and when they got close, I would feel a strong explosion like energy shoot me foward. :razz:

By the way, if you need any help, you could PM me with a question. :wink:

Try to conjure up a flight school. :cool:

I prefered to merge your thread with this one in the hope you’ll find here many tips about enhancing your flight abilities! :slight_smile:

Okay, when i do manage to lucid dream, my favorite thing to do is “fly”. Well my problem is, when i tell myself to fly, i dont really fly, I just start floating upwards. and soon the feeling becomes uncomfortable and i have to stop, causing myself to go through the even more uncomfortable fall to the ground (which i think its odd that i never wake up from)

But, I was wondering if anyone had any tips as to how to actually fly rather than float aimlessly up into the sky.

:content: Hiya! Welcome to LD4all! You might want to try looking through my topic that gives instructions on how to improve dream control (including flying) in your LD’s. https://community.ld4all.com/t/dream-control-excercises/17065

ok so you dont like flying and you dont like falling… well i have something that is going to make you go crazy but i would bet anything it would make you fly :wink:

Go to a high building. and jump off it. make sure your in a lucid dream i really am not telling you to kill your self here.

when you are falling and hating it flap your arms or “pull up” pretend you are on a hang glider :wink: well if that doesnt work at least you would have an intersting experience when you hit the ground… if you hit the ground before you woke up

try and remember that the feelings are all in your head, ask your self not to feel that way. btw what isuncomfortable about flying is it the fear of falling?

you can also summon up things, magic carpet. jetpack. magic shirt that when ever you wear it you will fly.

try and jump in leaps and bounds, if you cant fly try jump everywhere and sooner or later you will fly.

but most importantly rememebr to fail. Hell try and fly crash and burn wake up laugh and try it again, you cant actually hurt your self by doing this so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain

Hi AlmightyRamtha! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I merge your thread in this one. I hope you’ll find here many useful tips! :smile:

I think the main technique is imagining in your LD’s that you have a way of propelling yourself, like a rocket backpack or something like that. A friend of mine used to stretched out his arms and just look at his hands while flying, so that he could reach supersonic speeds. :smile:

Flying is the first thing I always do when I become lucid. In my next LD, I want it to be night and I wanna jump off a skyscraper but I’ll first make it REALLY realistic so I could feel the rush of the wind and the cold night air and the right when I’m about to hit the ground… I take off!

Well, that’s the plan. I may fail. lol

Using a jetpack seems to work for me if I have trouble getting off of the ground.

If you ever get good at flying, try having dragon wings for arms. Feeling the wind inflate underneath my wings and carry me was lovely… :slight_smile:

I had a dream where I was running one foot above the ground in mid air through a convenience store, then later on, I was flying a private airplane only 30ft. above the freeway trying to gain altitude but never gaining any.

recently I had a dream where I was a Shinigami (from Bleach) and was able to fly with no limits. The thing is, I lose my ability to fly when I travel away from “relevant areas”. The trend is, I never fly away from where the action is. Like in a video game, you always run to the fight, never to the corner of the map. My flying ability is dictated by the conditions of the dream reality. Once I became a bird, except a human-sized one and couldn’t fly well because I was too heavy. The shinigami one I had powers as the underlying assumption that let me fly, although none of this is ever lucid.
Suppose you choose a dream scene where there is use for a particular physics rule to be created, then take advantage!

When I attempt to fly, I find a tall building to jump off of. While I am dreaming, I don’t feel any fear of heights of jumping from the building. I then open a window, and just jump out of. Even if I don’t fly, some other things happen, such as I fall through the ground, or I just bounce off of the ground.

Sometimes I react to things I know won't hurt me when I am dreaming, such as people throwing things at me. Most of the time, I have good experiences. My favorite LD was when I figured out I was dreaming, and then I found the top floor. It was like my own room, but the floors were bare. I  closed the door, and then, a big mosquito came in through the door. It looked like a 3D cartoon. It said that I was trapped, and when I looked out of the window, I saw lots of these mosquitoes on the ground. I jumped out of the window, and right before I hit the ground, I started to fly. That was the best part. There were birds also flying, saying that I did a good job. I saw my friend, and she joined me in the air. Slowly the dream faded, and I was left in my bed, satisfied and excited about my lucid dream.

Cool stuff :ok:

Recently for me, though–something weird just happened in an ND turned LD–a DILD…

I had just murdered some guy that stole my car (actually it was quite brutal, and it wasn’t the car theft that did it–he was in my house :eek: ) Anyway, I had to learn to fly to get away…
Now normally, flying is second-nature to me–ND or otherwise–but this time I could only achieve the power of flight via a plastic toddler chair. I’d sit in the chair and it’d spin kinda wobbly into the air and kinda bob up and down like it didn’t know whether to fly or not–it was a very odd, but real feeling. I could fly, if not amateurishly (not a word, I know), but only about five or six meters off the ground–maybe seven :uh: And even still it was awkward and I could barely control my direction.
So, I landed on a billboard or something, dropped my chair, and couldn’t get down because I couldn’t fly without it (I asked someone to call the fire department :lol: ). And no, telekinesis didn’t work either.
And I wasn’t even about to jump down–dream or not :razz:
Kinda like an LD power dryspell :hmmm:
I’ma try to see if I can fly normally again tonight :yes:

merged into an existing topic :moogle:

What have you guys used to help learn flying? Has anyone ever used a magic carpet- like Alladin? :cool:

The fastest way to learn how to fly in an LD is to realise that you don’t have to learn anything at all.

If you believe there are steps that need to be taken then there will be. If you believe you do not know those steps you won’t know those steps.

All you have to do is fly. It’s as simple as that.

:lol: I’ve only ever used something to help me fly on two different occasions :yes:

The first time, I was on a strange island with even stranger cultures. Me and my DG, Haji–like from Johnny Quest (I called him “Hajj” :content:)–had to escape, but I couldn’t fly that good, so he gave me this sort of flying-device (it was like a jet-steering wheel with a glass bubble that filled with air) :smile:
The second time, was the one I just described with the chair :wink:
One dream I was like a dragon-Vincent Valentine’s chaos form (from Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy), but I don’t think that counts :uh:

Omnisomnia :hmmm: I believe I agree :yes:

i agree with this, when i first tried to fly, i said to myself i can do this its easy, and i did! although i woke up shortly after :cry:

My way of flying in my LDs have been quite strange, anyone who’s watched Superman or Smallville will understand this, I can only fly when Jor-El is talking to me from the sky, so whenever I want to fly I have to ask Jor-El to talk!

Omnisomnia, this has to be one of the coolest quotes I’ve read. I think that could be said about doing almost anything if you apply it to real life as well. Thanks for the words, I even wrote them down!

To fly I use the “Superman” method, I imagine a force, similar to a jet engine, pushing out the bacl of my feet. I control my direction by willing myself to go where I want, there isn;t any turning my body or arm waving.