Long-Term Lucid Tasklist!

Interesting… I’ve never had trouble with going through walls so the idea of walking on the ceiling seemed really fascinating and fun to attempt… interesting to find someone with the opposite problem!

You’re gonna turn the tasks into Reality Checks so you can get all the points, eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve updated the task board and awarded you points, @Marvin. Congrats on your LDs! :grinning:

For reference, the task board can be found here.

2 Likes

I did some Improvised Acrobatics last night and humbly want to claim, umm, say 2 points for lucidity length. I also tried to eat pizza but it’s like it wasn’t really there as I held and ate it, so I consider the task a failure. So no task points for that night.

2 Likes

Ooh… so close, @Marvin… you’ll get that slice next time! I’ll go ahead and add your points for the dream itself, though. (Some of those fragments seem pretty interesting!)

2021-03-12T06:00:00Z : Earthbending

Objective: Do a little Earthbending.

So… I may have been watching a little too much Avatar lately, and a lot of the various elemental bending types may have found their way into the backlog of task. (Spoilers!) But… well… yea… this fortnight’s worth of tasks is to do a bit of Earthbending. Make some earth move… with your mind! Note that this does not include any of the specialized earthbending techniques (like metal or sand bending). So go channel your inner Beifong and move some rocks!

1 Like

Also… this morning I had two LDs! They were both kinda medium-short and no tasks so only 2 points for me… Also… it’s a very big coincidence that the latest task ended up being earthbending and I did that in this morning’s lucid… no points, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Had a medium length MILD I can claim for points, no pizza yet though, and

I'm still not sure if I want to open a dedicated DJ on here or not.

 March 12, 2021
On a bus, on a trip. I’m sitting in a busy space. There are musicians on the bus, a jazz group I think, with a trombone and a pianist and perhaps a percussionist.
They have their instruments and a space set up at the back of the bus where they’re playing.

[[Recall Gap]]

The group stands outside several closed doors in a room. Behind every door is something spooky, apparently. From where I stand, I can’t see in when someone opens a door. I’m told behind one door is a darkness with a creepy figure standing in the distance. This upsets everyone who opens the door, but I don’t think there’s really much to be afraid of.

Suddenly, I realize, this is a dream! Yes! My MILD induction! I’m supposed to meet Carol and STEVE for pizza!
I walk down a set of stairs to another space. The room is long, with booths and tables on either side of a single aisle. There are several square windows along the wall and DCs in formal attire. The colors of the carpet and walls are rich red tones, perhaps with gold accents along the wooden décor.
I feel the room bounce a little. Ah- this is my train of thought! It’s been so long since I’ve been here. I smile.

I go through a door on my left to another train car. This room looks like a lounge and bar a fancy hotel would have. Not the atmosphere for a pizza party, it’s kinda…posh. The DCs in the room are all well dressed and the room is quiet.

I quietly walk across the red plush carpet to a set of stairs on the far end of the train car. The DCs seem to watch me, I feel a little out of place like I’m not dressed for the occasion.

I walk up one flight of stairs to a landing that makes a right turn to another flight of stairs. At the top I look back down the stairs and find myself looking down the stairs to the basement in the house I grew up.

(Carol…STEVE?)

I head to the back door and slide it open to go outside. It’s dark out, and I’m surprised to notice a little bit of a chill in the air. The yellow glow of fireflies flicker over the field. I’ve never witnessed fireflies in such chilly weather, I find it charming. In the distance off to the right, I notice fireworks lighting up the sky. The distant booms echo on the mountains.

My mom, who is inside the house, tries to call and distract me. I pinch my nose and inhale, a gentle reminder that I’m still dreaming. I dismiss her.
I jump up to the roof and take a seat. This is pretty…but wait! The pizza party. Carol. STEVE.
Maybe they don’t know I’m trying to meet them? Maybe they can’t hear me?

I hop down to stand on the railing that circles the porch. “Carol! STEVE! (I’m here! I wanted to meet with you!)”

Two DCs approach from the side yard as if they had been walking up the driveway then decided to cut through the grass to make it a shorter walk.

One jogs at a steady pace and bounces over to me, (STEVE!). Her smile is genuine. We’re on the same scale tonight.
The second approaches more composed with a gentle smile on her lips. (Ah, Carol.)
STEVE holds my left forearm and I wrap my free arm around Carol.
We float into the air together. I look down at the world below. It’s brighter outside now, perhaps the sun has risen? I watch the field and the road and the hills pass under us. Well, there’s no pizza, but I can still ask my questions now that everyone is here.

“(So, uh, Carol…) What do you think about me sharing my dreams (and my comic! -with my sister, and my dream journal, online)?”
She responds as if she’s just now considering it for the first time “(Hmm…)That’s a tough one, sweetheart. I know you asked me to think about it [via dream incubation]…but, I forgot.”

She didn’t forget.
Not the response I was expecting from her.

[[She’s giving me sass for trying to put the hard considerations of the decision on her instead of thinking about it on my own for myself in WL. I should know me better.]]

(Ah…well…)I consider asking her if she has a pen, the current dream treasure hunt item, but dismiss idea because the mood isn’t right for it.

STEVE has held onto my arm. She’s been quiet tonight. I turn my attention to her, fondly. “(Hey- STEVE!) What do you think of the comic?”
She just giggles.
I guess that’s approval?

Conversations are over for tonight it seems. It’s nice to be with both of them in this dream. I’ve been focusing on floating and reflecting on the conversation that I almost don’t notice Carol and STEVE interacting with each other.

Carol holds STEVE around her waist as if she’s dipping her in a dance. They hang in the air together. Then, they kiss each other, sweetly, on the lips.
I’m surprised, considering Carol’s usual tough love, but they somehow seemed enamored with each other in a platonic emotional way. Almost seemed like they have kind of dismissed or forgot about me for each other’s presence. I’m surprised to see Carol actually show her fondness for STEVE.

[[End]]

3 Likes

I’m wondering if you are following the general advice of giving your dreams titles. With the lovely one you just posted, I noticed there is none. Or is the spoiler summary the title? :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s a lovely dream, @Splash. I hope you get to have pizza with them soon. :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve recorded your dream on the task board.

1 Like

You know, I actually rarely title my dreams, or only in hindsight or when I add them to my own master list of dreams. Usually only the really prominent emotionally significant dreams get titles, or nicknames. I do have a few “eras” or “arcs” in my dreams that have an overall title, though.

Is there a philosophy behind titling dreams?

@Marvin and I will get our pizza soon enough! :pizza: We can do this :lol:
for reference, the task board can be found here.

2 Likes

I think it was even from LaBerge that I heard this piece of advice. The philosophy is to a attach greater significance to your dreams and really think about what they mean to you. This way your recall will improve and the fact that journaling works is indicative that titling as part of your devotion to dreaming should also be effective. It’s also a sort of automatic dream analysis, which is also a core discipline in his works.

I’m a bit suspicious about how much it actually does. In my paper DJ I don’t give titles, except sometimes an opening remark that defines the general theme of the dream. But in my LD4all one I always think carefully about the name these days. But that’s only in hindsight so I may be doing it wrong :rofl:

1 Like

hi guys! I was able to have a lucid dream this morning and in it i completed the eating pizza task ^^

Here’s the link to the dream, it felt sort of average in length, although im not entirely sure how to measure that- would it be two or three minutes, about?

https://community.ld4all.com/t/nexuss-dream-journal-nuve-arkt/76218/35?u=thenexus

3 Likes

Congratulations :yay: and welcome to the LTLT!

If you feel like it was 2 or 3 minutes, that sounds like 2 points for lucidity length?

2 Likes

@Marvin, @Splash: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

@TheNexus: ONE OF US. ONE OF US… uh… I mean… congrats on your pizza, and welcome to the LTLT! :pizza: I shall go ahead and log your dream as a “Medium-Short” one based on your time estimate of two or three minutes. You’ll also get the pizza checkmark as well. :smile:

3 Likes

Ahh yes it’s like the philosophy behind keeping a journal in general, then, but maybe it’s supposed to enhance it?

Congrats on the lucid and the pizza @TheNexus ! Welcome to the LTLT!

When I read “the pizza checkmark” I rushed over the the task board because for some reason my brain thought that instead of the checkmark that all the other tasks have it was gonna be the little pizza icon and I WAS SO EXCITED :rofl: I was like “A PIZZA CHECKMARK! I really gotta get that dream pizza so I can get the PIZZA CHECKMARK.” :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

3 Likes

You would have liked that LC that happened a while back where all the tasks had little emoji associated with them. :stuck_out_tongue:

So… this morning I had a medium-short LD! Also damn near cried talking to my old dog… It was nice, though…

1 Like

Another medium-short LD for me… and this time I did some Earthbending! Woo! Am on a roll with the lucids… but it would be nice if I could actually make progress on my more-than-a-year-old personal goal. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A medium-short WILD this morning. Completely on accident! Unfortunately, I was too enamored with the scenery to remember my dream goals. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Managed a short spontaneous DILD this morning, and on my dreamaversary :partying_face: and uh, I started a DJ on here :speak_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

Still no pizza though, and I was even in the kitchen! :ack: But it was a lovely dream anyway :relaxed:
guess that’s just 1 point for me!

for reference, the task board can be found here.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your lucid and a big congratulations on starting your new Dream Journal! I’ve updating your count on the taskboard and can’t wait to see the Pizza LD grace your DJ. :smile:

2 Likes

2021-03-26T05:00:00Z: Explore a Glacier

Objective: Explore the frosty environ of a glacier!

For this task, you’ll need to travel (any way you like) to a glacier at one of the poles! Exploring the massive structure of ice, take in the clear blue sky during the day and maybe an aurora at night. The goal for this (and others in the same category) task is to visit an interesting “biome” and enjoy what it has to offer!

1 Like