the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 55

This is Part 55 of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic. The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.
Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .
(please remember to not carry on long chatspeak conversations in here, we have a wonderful private message system, chatroom and playground for that :thumbs: )

Hi, I am new to LD4all. Well, that was obvious, wasn’t it? I’ve only had one LD so far, and it was dream-induced and I was only lucid for a bit before going back to the flow. I’ve spent around five hours on this site researching, and I have been wanting to start a dream journal, but not even a normal dream has popped up since. :meh: A big problem in my sleeping is the fact that I can’t seem to sleep! I always stay up till ten reading a book before I sleep. This has caused problems in my waking. Sometimes I wake up in REM (in the middle of a dream, no less!) but lately it’s been deep sleep. I have troubles waking up, and this has affected my dreaming. I usually only have a ND once a week, sometimes more or less. Is this introduction too long? Sorry.

:welcome: hello Mistlight, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

I would suggest beginning a dream journal in our dream journal forum - beginning with your first LD. just post everything you remember about it :happy:
You could also list the most usual themes that you dream about :content:
Then keep a notebook and pen near the bed for when you wake up so you can jot down any dreams or dream fragments :thumbs:

… and the introduction is definitely not too long :hugs:

Hello! I am new to the community. I’ve been curious about LDs for years, but always shrugged it off as something that happens to other people - people you read about online. I always kinda hoped it was a big inside joke so I could feel like I wasn’t missing out @_@ . . .
Well I’m prepared now. I’ve been journaling my dreams for the past two days and getting into the habit of reality checks. I’ve accepted that it’s something you need to work towards, and something that is very real. I look forward to meeting with you all and sharing my experiences!

Oh yeah, I’m new too. I have a dream journal already. It looks like you guys get quite a lot of new people though? Do they tend to get frustrated with their slow progress and give up?

when someone starts after 18 years old to dreaming at all, thats easy to believe, than they have to wait for first ld from months to years ;]
Someone, who had lds in the past, knows, than lds arent so hard to get :smile:

Hey all! It’s good that you have your DJs. :grin:

Yes, many newcomers do get frustrated and give up. The main thing is to not turn into another statistic–try, try, try! You’ll eventually get there, you just have to have patience. :smile:

Hi, I’m Rosie!
A friend of a friend was talking about lucid dreaming last night at a party, and it seemed pretty interesting. Yay for wikipedia and google, I ended up here.

I’ve kept dream journals on and off for a few years, and plan on getting back into that habit. I’ve had one LD previously, but that was years ago, and I haven’t thought about it much since then.

Nice to meet you all.

Heya Rosie!

Nice to meet you. :smile: There’s a dream journal section on the site where you can post all your dreams if you’d like. That way members can help you with your lucid goals.

If you need anything, don’t be afraid to PM me, the mods, or other members. Most everyone is friendly around here. :content:

:wave:

All new members :welcome:

:welcome: to LD4All, Rosie! In my opinion, this is one of the best sites to discuss LD’s. I hope you like it here. :happy:

Hello everyone,

Just a quickie to say hello to you all.

I’m not really new to Lucid Dreaming, I’ve had at least one lucid dream when I was a child, and a fair amount of seconds long lucid dreams as an adult. In my adult LD experience I either get scared or excited. A lot of my lucid dreams start with aliens which is something that I am both petrified of and curious about, so thats where the fear and excitement stem from.

So, for at least the next year I will keep a detailed dream diary and really make efforts to intensify the mind training I have started in an effort to give myself this gift of lucidity.

All and any help accepted :smile:

Lympicita :wiske:

Hello All!!!
I am not new to lucid dreaming. I have had a large handful in my lifetime. The last one last night. Also, one out-of-body (sorry don’t know your abbev.) and even a little mental telethapy. However, I have never “willed” myself to do it. That I need to learn. The others were unprovoked. I started a journal today with last night’s dream. I have some questions but not alot of time to search the entire sight for the answers. Any one willing to help would be appreciated. Thanks so much and I look forward to spending some free time here.

Hi, welcome to the forums. :welcome:

What kind of stuff are looking to discover or know?

:welcome: hello Dreamsonall4S, Tomothy, Rosie, Lympicita and firenbrmstn, I hope you all enjoy being members of the LD4all community :grouphug:

Dreamsonall4S, Well it’s great that it isn’t so we all have an opportunity to experience LDs :smile:
Since you have started journaling … will you be starting a DJ in our DJ forum?
Just keep using WBTB with the method of your choice and you WILL get your very own first LD :yay:

And a lot of them tend to come back to try again :boogie: But (and I hate using stereotypes :sad: ) a lot of younger members expect their early LDs to be as controlled as experienced dreamer’s LDs and get a little disappointed when they aren’t.

:wave: Rosie … after a little investigation, i know who the friend was :wink:
It’s great that you have posted your first LD in the big topic and also started a personal DJ :boogie:

and it’s nice to meet you too :content:

Lympicita, feel free to start a DJ in our dream journal forum too. Then if you have a simple question it is often easier to ask at the bottom of the dream :wink:
Don’t forget to read all the info in the knowledge base forum :content:

firenbrmstn, I would suggest reading

“How to Choose Your Technique” - By Treader
and
https://community.ld4all.com/t/all-ld-techniques/24932

then take it from there :content:

The search feature on LD4all is simple to use and should help if you are looking for something and will often be faster and more productive than asking a question and having to wait hours for a reply :tongue:

BTW we have a 30 years and older topic you may like to post in … the link is in my signature :blush:

/me wishes you all well in your LD quests :thumbs:

:welcome: Lymbicita and firenbrstn to LD4all, here you should feel safe on road to LD (and still have this site as guidelines after achieving LD’s :cool_laugh: )

im new here
my friend wanted me to check this out, he’s really interested in this stuff.

Hello Linds[: :welcome:
You’ll find that the world of Lding is really interesting and i hope you learn alot~ :smile:

P.S. your friend sounds really cool :wink:

:welcome: Linds, is your friend registered too :cool_laugh:

:wave: Your friend sounds like the most awesome person on the face of the PLANET! :cool:

yeah her friend is registered :wink: