the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 71

Hi!
Just posting a quick hello.

Am a 28 yo female and yes, a fan of The Princess Bride. :smile:

I once had a LD not intending to (realized something didnt add up) then i remembered once hearing how awesome flying in your dream is fun, so decided to give it a try and it exeeded my highest expectations. I would have never expected it to be so real with wind blowing in my face and all.

Anyhow i think its great so many people are devoted to having great dreams and i cant wait to read more.

Hello to all our new members :wave:
I hope you enjoy your time on LD4all. There are various helpful FAQs, tutorials and articles (just click the links to get to the subforums.

Buttercup, I LOVE the Princess Bride!

Hi. I’m new… sorta. I got my start with Dreamviews back in 07 so I’m a pretty experienced LDer. I got really fed up with how that forum was going so I thought I’d make a switch. :happy:

Hello Xanous, welcome to LD4all. :wave:

Was that one of the down-times at DV?

Thanks!

I don’t recall for sure but I think so. I just joined a bunch of forums at once.

I’m just saying hi for the first time and that I’m happy being here. I have not yet had a lucid dream as I only started reading about it last week in Robert waggoners lucid dreaming book (which lead me here). I’ve read about 70% of it, have been doing reality checks as often as poss whilst recording my dreams.

Reading on this site tonite has put my mind at ease…I had a dream the other day where I looked at my hands, asked if this was a dream and for some reason decided NOT…I later then had (my 1st) false awakening where I went to write down my dream…I’ve just read on here that its quite common…so thanks for the info…I really hope in the near future I can report my 1st LD. :smile:

Hi! I’m new to this site and to LD! in fact, ill be starting in lets say…3 or 4 hours with my first attempt to LD.
Im a translator from Argentina and im very interested in experiencing LD and shared dreaming.
I had one SD a few years ago based on a technique that i dont know if i read it on the internet or heard on the radio, and it was cool enough as to try to repeat it :smile:

I also had a predictive dream, or whatever u wish to call it, which I’ll never forget.
I’m amazed at all the stuff ive been reading in the forums and the site and since today I’ll be attempting LD for the first time with my boyfriend I’m open to all suggestions you may have! I can also describe , if someone is interested, how i managed to have this shared dream and what happened in it. Oh well , wish me luck!

Hi, My name is Jp and I’m a 17 year old from Mississippi. I experienced lucidity about a year ago and have been hooked on it ever since. so far i have truly LD’d 5 times and hope to hone my skills even more on this site.

I have been using the VILD technique without even realizing that was an actual technique and when I found that Pedro made it a thing, i realized that this place would be the best for me.

One of the main reasons I’ve come here is to find if you can collectively dream with others and if you can, how can that be made possible.

:wave: hello sirius1571, Lincourtz and Tempest, welcome to the LD4all community. :grouphug:

You have to really question if it is a dream. I often get fooled and believe it is real when I’m in a dream. :ack: Good luck and I hope you experience your first LD soon.

I was just about to direct you to Beyond Dreaming but I see you have posted in there already :yay: Good luck with your lucid dreaming quest. :good:

I see you found flowofmysoul’s recent topic in Beyond Dreaming. We also have The Chroniclers group. They hope to meet up on Sky Island. Here is the topic of their dreams. Chroniclers Dream Diary. The activity of the group seems to be low at the moment.

Thank you for your warm Welcome Moogle!!

Thanks for the info moogle! I’ll definately look into this chroniclers group.
[/quote]

Hello all! I am pleased to make your acquaintances :smile: I am 20 years old and have had 6 lucid dreams, although pretty short, they were enough to peak my interests. I figured belonging to a forum would be a good incentive to maintain a dream journal and just share my experiences with others :smile:

Welcome! Yeah, my dream journaling has been better due to this forum and for example the Lucidity Challenge. Also been lucid a few times. :cool: If you seek motivation to dream journaling I encourage you to join the ND Challenge

:wave: Hello I Am, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

In your post you mentioned you have had a lot of lucid dreams but under your picture it says LD count 3. Is that the count since you visited the forum? or the number of really high level lucid dreams you have experienced?

Hey, I’m Michael. Over the last few years I’ve been lurking on both LD4All and Dreamviews, but I was a little more active on dreamviews during that time.
Since the dsgroup and IRC hacking I’d lost a bit of interest in LDing, and school made me too tired to want to dream journal any more or induce lucid dreams.

I’ve lost a lot of my skill over this time and I’m hoping to be able to get it back. I’ve decided to take a break from dreamviews, not because I find anything wrong with it, but because I want to meet a new community as well.

Look forward to getting to know you all :smile:

Hi aliasmk, and welcome to LD4all!

Dreamviews certainly has a good knowledge base, and it’s always nice to see an experienced LD’er join. I hope we’re able to help you out on your lucid adventures. Let us know if you have questions :content:

Hello Everyone!
I’m Daniel from Buenos Aires, I’m 28, and I had been interested in lucid dream after having a few ones as a kid. Later I read LaBerge and Tenzin Wangyal’s books about the topic and I was able to have a few lucid dreams after doing a reality check in some dreams. In the last 2 years I didn’t have any new LD and recently my interest in them arose again after reading a text about astral travel.

I believe that dreams can be a good tool for self knowledge, and joining the forum may provide me some help and inspiration. And also I may meet great people with shared interests.

Hey everybody. I’m new here, well, kind of. I’ve been lurking around anonymously for quite a while, but I’ve now created an account. I haven’t had any lucid dreams yet, but with enough motivation, I’m certain I’ll get one soon. I figure joining this forum might give me that motivation. :content:
Oh yeah, and I know I have a weird username, but it just happened to be the first thing that popped into mind. :grin:

Hi everyone. I’m from Asunción Paraguay. I do lucid dreaming since i was like 17 but i’m getting more commitment recently. Anyway a had a lot of experiencies in the “astral world”, but these last weeks i’ve been doing it everyday and i feel like i’m finally making progress. Greetings from Paraguay. Sorry my bad english :smile:

:welcome: hello willijames, Smiley_Face and Galgalath, welcome to LD4all.