The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXV

Hello, im Josh from Portsmouth, UK.
I only heard of Lucid Dreaming from a friend a few days ago and was instantly excited and interested at some of the stuff he was saying about them.
This forum is very helpful as well, i’ll be trying the WILD method tonite and im quietly confident.

:smile:

Hi, I’m Ted from Illinois.

I got into lucid dreaming because I saw Waking Life a few nights ago and it got me interested. I had a pre-lucid the first time I tried (with MILD) 2 nights ago, so I think/hope I might have a real one soon. :cool_laugh: :grin: :gni: :colgate:

:welcome: hello eclipse3580, barker and Birdman :grin:
welcome to the LD4all community :happy:

:bored: I suppose that would be the “Sticky: The BIG Remembering Dreams topic” which is now on Part IV ← link
The most important thing is to give yourself a few minutes when you first wake up to try to recapture the dream memories.
If you just record everything you can remember in a dream journal sometimes while writing you even remember more details :content:

:thumbs: good luck
/me waves the UK flag

That was good getting a prelucid on your first try :yay: … remember to post your first LD in our sticky My First LD Collection topic in the dream diary forum :content: … you could even start a dream journal in that forum and post your attempts at becoming lucid in there, beginning with your prelucid dream :smile:

/me wishes you all good luck and hopes to read all about your first LDs soon :grin:

Hi Nick, and welcome to the forum! :smile:

It’s great that you’re giving lucid dreaming a try!

WILD is considered a rather difficult technique for the beginner (to master and get results from). So if you don’t get results right a way, don’t be disappointed, and keep trying!

While I can’t direct you to a thread, here’s a small rundown:

The best thing for you to do (to get the most out of remembering your dreams) is to keep a Dream Journal - which you obviously already started - and regularly put your dreams in it right after you wake up. It’s often best (works best for me) if you remain in bed for a while with your eyes still closed after waking up, and going through your dream(s) in your mind. It sometimes helps to change your position in bed to remember a particular dream (that would be the position you slept in when you had that dream, and by assuming that same position it helps you remember it). You can try to turn over to the side, remain in that position for a while and see if some memory comes. Once you’ve got it all figured out (your dream) and you have a good grip on it, slowly get up, pick up your dream journal and write up the dream while the memory’s still fresh.

Within two weeks you should have a much better recall of your dreams, i.e. remember them much better and with greater clarity.

Taking vitamin B6 before going to bed can also help in having more vivid dreams and better remembering them.

I would definitely recommend working on your dream recall first. And once you can easily remember at least one dream per night, you can start on LD techniques such as reality checks and MILD.

You can use the search function and type in some keywords and find the threads you’re looking for.

Picking up a copy of Stephen LaBerge’s book “Exploring the world of lucid dreaming” is also a good idea.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Ephialtes

Welcome Nick, Josh and Ted! :wave:

Hello all you crazy dreamers. There’s not much about me to say that I haven’t already said on top of my dream journal - although I guess I could talk about the only lucid dreams I’ve ever had. They were a series of lucid moments at the ends of nightmares where I became aware of my surroundings and my environment, but unfortunately all I ever used them for was to procure a swift escape from my surroundings, ie Wake Up. I would typically be being chased by some thing, then get myself into a situation where the only feasible way to get out alive would be waking up - so, being the resourceful person I was, I would do just that after becoming lucid and surveying my options. Those dreams ended before Middle School and I haven’t had a shrap of luck getting back to that enlightened state since, despite all my efforts.

I seriously envy those who casually hear about it from a friend and then spontaneously burst into lucidity that very night. But there’s nothing that can be done about it, I suppose.

Heey, Spamtek! :wave:

It’s too bad that you never took advantage of your nightmares, since when becoming lucid while being chased, you can always just turn around to see that there was really no danger after all. On top of that, you could have also asked whoever was chasing you who they are and what they wanted. Oh, well. Apparently nothing can be done about that now. :roll:

Oh, and by the way, I like the mood addition you have in you signature. :wink:

Hmm…where to begin? I suppose it’s fitting that I would end up looking into a subject such as lucid dreaming; I can imagine it very easily being seen by the…uninformed as “unhealthy,” “unnatural,” and/or “obssesive.” (Which seems to be how the rest of my time is spent. ^_^)

Why and how am I here? It’s a slightly convoluted path to trace back. See, I’m friends with Lavos5 on a couple of other forums, and he suddenly started talking about lucid dreaming a couple months back. I skimmed the (quite lengthy) article he posted about it and then thought nothing more of it. As often happens with personal fascinations, however, he persisted in mentioning it on-and-off throughout the following weeks. Then, about two days ago, I–through processes not necessary to describe here–had my IP banned on the forum I own. This forced me to access another site I knew a few of my underadmins frequented (Lavos5 included), but which I hadn’t looked at in a considerable amount of time. While skimming the site, I read Lavos5’s signature, which mentioned something about lucid dreaming. On a whim, I searched for “Lavos5 lucid dreaming,” which led me to this site.

Originally, I had no true intention of seriously looking into lucid dreaming, but one thought struck me enough to keep my attention: I cannot help but to believe (even with my highly limited knowledge of the subject) that lucid dreaming–if nothing else–has great abstract intellectual value.

To date, I have had four or five dreams that were certainly prelucid, and one that I can remember with absolute assurance was lucid. (These were all before I had even heard the term “lucid dream,” so it’s quite possible my prelucid ones were actually lucid, but were long enough ago that–without any reason to specifically remember them–I am unable to recall with assurity).

God Bless,
~Ijuuin Enzan

:welcome: Hello Spamtek and Ijuuin Enzan, welcome to LD4all :grin:
I love your avatar Spamtek :yay:

I was never plagued by nightmares, probably why i didn’t experience a LD until I was in my twenties.

You should post the dream that was definitely lucid in the sticky “My First LD Collection” topic in the dream diary forum LINK

I hope you both enjoy being members of LD4all and gather a lot of information while here to help you on your lucid quests :cheer:

Why hello there, Mr. Ijuuin. ^^

Mmm, that’s what I supposed as well. Surprisingly, that article was quite well-recieved (even on NSider, which seems to be a gathering of stereotyping/generally immature people.)

That was fun. XD

Yeah… it’s funny how dreams have a nasty habit of slipping away from you.

Anyway, glad to see you here. ^^

–Lavos

Greetings, I’m Half Soul, and I’ve been keeping a proper dream diary for 65 days now. I have had lucid dreams as often as not, but would still like to have even more than this.
I turn 16 in 9-10 days. The last few weeks have been hard lucid-wise. Not only have I been depending on them too much, I bought a cheap brand of light bulbs - they flicker, fall from the ceiling, and burn out just like that. :dark: :universe:
So, my usual form of reality checks failed… And now I am just really stressed from my personal life. I am relying way too much on lucid dreams to help me out of this situation, so now they are not coming at all.
Otherwise, usually while lucid I hae basically only flown through the sky, beyond it into space, and done a bit of exploring. Nothing hectic, all peaceful…
Except when I start to run, something always starts chasing me - I usually wake up if this happens.

:welcome: Half Soul

You could make a DJ in here to share your dreams with us.

Never forget to do backup RCs. Maybe you could try another RC?

Try to relax, I know it’s easier said than done, but just try. Don’t want those lucid dreams to much, but don’t want them to less either.

You expect that something will start chasing you when you start to run, so now something will start chasing you when you start to run. Try to think this won’t happen.

I hope you’ll feel better soon :hugs:

[color=darkblue]Hiya!
I’m a newbie as well! It’s nice to finally join in after about 6 months of casually visiting this site and attempting on my own to have Lucid dreams.
I have succeeded on three occasions to my recollection. In all three I attempt to fly first, only able to get about 2 feet off the ground each time. I always thought it was strange til I listened to that icast with that lady telling of her 20 something years of experience. She mentioned not to be frustrated if you’re just

[/color][color=darkblue]… so i’m not.[/color] :cool:

Inverted Sense - [color=darkblue]In my last LD I had a similar experience happen. I had just floated down into my bathtub when things started going dark and fuzzy around me, then in the middle of my LD, I saw my eye open from the inside. It was very strange because my eye opening was so big in relative size to the imagery of my dream. Then everything went black around my eye and I woke up.
[/color]

[color=indigo]So needless to say i’m glad to finally become apart of the crew. I will be able to perfect my LD’s here and talk to people about their cool and crazy dreams too. And that’s very exciting![/color] :happy:

Welcome SereneSeraph

It’s nice to see a lurking person behind the shadows in the spot now :smile:

You could post your first Lucid Dream in the big collection <-- link

Flying is a great thing to do. Every moon we have at LD4all a lucid quest. This time it’s unlocking all the quests. One of them is flying. You could share your next lucid flying dreams there too, whether you feel suceeded or not.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them :content:

Sandra

:wave: hello Half_Soul and SereneSeraph … welcome to LD4all :grin:

I agree with blackAngel, it is a good idea to have more than one thing that you use for RCs. :yes:

Stress is bad for lucid dreaming and even dream recall in general. Have you tried to meditate to relieve it a little?

I do hope you decide to start a dream journal here :hyper:

And congrats to both of you on your LDing successes so far :yay:

Hey peeps

Im Gregg aka super2goten, newish to the forums but i’ve been on LD4all for a while. Erm im 15, im English livin in Wales. Im still tryin to get a LD but im a slight insomniac :content: . I have 2 cats and 2 great danes.

Thats pretty much me summed up :razz:

Hey hey welcome super2goten :smile:

Im back after a long break :razz:( about 6 month ).
I have just finnised my first year on university, needed to
concentrate on that, but I think im ready to continue working on my lucid dreaming.
Im back at square one again but I think I’ll manage to go back to my 3-4 LDs/month

take care all

Hello guys… I’m 18 yo ,male, student… this is my first visit to this site… Since I’m on college holiday for 2 months, I decided to work on my first lucid dream… right now I’m writing a novel where the main character have the ability of lucid dreamers… while I’m doing a research about lucid dreams in net,I thought it will be great if I experienced it myself rather than reading from other people’s story…

BlissfulBlues:

I know, it was absolutely irrational. I suppose it was only a low level of lucidity, because while I was consciously aware of my dream, I was still bound by my assumptions of the dream world’s reality. It never crossed my mind that I could make my monsters disappear or turn into clowns (or, as the case more often was, turn them into something other than clowns) or whatever.

moogle:

You may really be luckier than me. I theorize that since my first experiences with lucid dreams was to immediate get away from and out of them, that my brain learned to stop having them, withholding them from me even now that I want to. It is interesting that my nightmares subsided along with my LDs: to date, I haven’t had an LD that wasn’t merely the closing episode of a nightmare, and I haven’t had a real chase-you-down-the-halls nightmare since elementary school.

Or maybe I just enjoy overanalyzing things.

Both:

Thanks, I made them myself three-four years ago. I’m pretty sure I couldn’t make them again even I wanted to - I’m way too out of shape.

Welcome Kokonoka :welcome:
All the best with your attempts at lucid dreams. It’s helpful to start a dream diary, use some induction techniques, and have a thorough read through the different sections of the forum to get a feel for the place.