The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXXVII

I have recently discovered the concept lucid dreaming and I found it very interesting and wanted to know more, so I started browsing the web and stumbled over this amazing site, it is soooo cool a whole internet community of lucid dreamers and lucid apprentices and all the knowledge here, the first hand experiences are very interesting but actually it was not all the information I could get from this site that has drawn me to it is the atmosphere of the forum, every one are so nice and you really feel comfortable posting here and sharing your dreams here and I think that is very important and that this is the only site that dose so. I myself have started a DJ in the hopes of mastering LDing some day…. just wanted to say peek my head out and say: :peek: Hey!

The best regards Rasmus

Welcome Buda!

You nailed it, this is a great place. The atmosphere is amazing, as is the knowledge and experience!

When you get a chance, put a link to your dream journal in your signature, it’s a great way to share your dreams. :smile:

:wave: welcome back korothism :grin:

:welcome: hello Buda
:yes: LD4all has an amazing atmosphere :content: and it’s so easy to make new friends here :happy:
/me goes to look for Buda’s DJ :look:

Hey there everybody! I’m a 16-year old who has been interested in lucid dreams on and off for years. (I’m joining at the end of an “off” of about a year!) Hopefully I will be more consistent this time, but I say that about every hobby I have… :tongue:

I have had a few LDs before, but not for a while. It’s also probably going to take a while to build up dream recall. (Stupid alarm always waking me up for school :grrr: ) But until then it’s always fun to read about everyone else. :content:

:wave: Mari0mega … once you get an high level LD again it will really help to motivate you into continuing :boogie:

Down with alarms!!

Hi I’m havi; I’m a 20 yr. old beginner… :wave: I’ve had a few lucid dreams over the years, but i really started to pay attention to them last spring. I took a Psychology course at my local college; :read: my professor taught about lucid dreaming under the topic of the unconcious mind. He taught about a man (sorry, cannot remember the name at this moment) that would stare at his hands 20 minutes before he went to bed every night. He didn’t have any distractions around him, just him and his hands. Eventually, he would begin to recognize his own hands in his dreams and begin to control them from there. A couple of days later, i had a lucid dream by recognizing my own hands. I wasn’t even practicing the routine, it just happened. Ever since then, i’ve been hooked! I’m very excited about that i found this website; i got my mom hooked too! :thumbs:

:wave: hello havi :smile:
so will your mum be joining too? :happy:

hello all, I’m new and not new here. I’m 15 right now but turn 16 in about 5 days. I Had actually come here quite alot a while ago, i forgot my username so i made this one, although i never did formally introduce myself last time. Basically, I’m starting my whole LD process over, I tried to LD for so long before and i think i had a partial LD once, never a real full LD yet, but I guess I’m getting there. So now im starting again, I’m actually going to make a topic asking some questions i have soon but i figured i’d come here first.

So… hey, nice to meet ya.

:wave: hello Rarg and welcome back :smile:
If you ever do remember your old username, could you send a private message to pasQuale so she can delete your old account (no posts will be lost when this happens :smile: )

… and Good Luck with the LDing this time :thumbs:
/me is confident you will get a great LD this time around :yes:

Woo Hello everyone ;D

Ive just come here after I found Dreamviews flew off and registered yesterday : ) Im pretty random for my age, And so i am very intrested in all sorts of Philosophy, Metaphysics, Religion and all the rest of it : >

Hopefully I can learn alot more about LDing here and have some intresting discussion :smile: xD

:wave: hello Misoshiru :grin:
you will probably love our Phil cloud forum. We use a usergroup for it, but all members are welcome to post there, just click the user group or pm Josh Redstone so you can be added to the group :smile:

Welcome korothism :wave:
Since you’re a frequent lucid dreamer you might want to join in the Lucid Adventures. Every moon Q creates a new one. She picks out really nice ones, so it are mostly fun things to do. Currently it is to get your own dream pet.

:welcome: Buda,
LD4all has indeed a great atmosphere; it’s great to be here :content:

Welcome Mari0mega, :content:
Good luck with LDing again. I hope you will stick around some time.

Welcome Havi, :boogie:
I hope more lucid dream will follow for you. Good luck.

Welcome back Rarg, :yay:
Certainly don’t give up on it, because Lucid Dreaming is worth it. I hope you will experience a full LD soon. Let us know about it :content:

Welcome Misoshiru, :woot:
I hope you have a great time over here, discussing, philosophing and dreaming. I hope you’ll begin a Dream Journal in the DJ section.

Hi all!

What can I say about myself then? I’m 22, come from Sweden, I’ve been interested in LD, AP/OOBE for a long time now. Tried LDing alot when I was younger but then I got put off trying. It all seemed so impossible and I started getting other interests. Now I’m back for another try! :smile: I guess my fall was that I never had a DJ, and I’m intent on getting a book next to my bed every night from now on. I haven’t had much lucid dreams but I had some spontaneous dreams that were very vivid that I could ‘control’. At least my actions within it.

Flying in dreams is fun and the few occasions I ever get to it is like heaven. :wink: My personal techniques for this is flapping my arms as if I were trying to pull myself out of water, as if I were deep down the sea. Sorta swimming, but a mixture of flying. I try to visualize the air around my arms to be dense, and that seems to help alot. Otherwise it’s jumping higher and higher or leaping off a little height and try to pull up just before hitting ground (imagine you’re an airplane and your arms are its wings). The latter one usually leaves me hanging over ground, never reaching any heights, or makes me racing over ground at high velocities, and that can be quite overwhelming :tongue:

Personally, I try to seek an understanding about human psyche and explore “occult” phenomenons. I like to see and experience new things all the time. Life is wonderful, and there is always something around the corner that makes it better now and then. I hope to be spending some time here, perhaps have my first ‘real’ LD in a while too! :smile:

Well, anyway. Hello :smile:

:welcome: hello devmelon, welcome to LD4all :grin:
Last time you tried, were you an active member of a forum? I think that knowing that others are there to support you is a really good motivator to help you get through the occasional frustrating times when learning to LD :boogie:
Anyway, good luck this time :thumbs: and feel free to start a LD4all dream journal in our dream diary forum if you wish to do so :wiske:

Hello! I’m MisterKarnage. But just call me Antony or somethin’. I was on the GameFAQs boards, and that got me interested in LD. I never really tried seriously, until now. Last night, I tried a few techniques on the main LD4all pages. Although I didn’t get a LD, I got a huge boost in rememberance. In fact, I have some lucid foods next to me now. XD (Bananas)

Well, I hope you guys can put up with my randomness… Tata!

Hi, i’m alex i found out about lucid dreaming only 3 days ago. I always loved dreams, because it was the only place i could fly and i never had a problem remembering them. Today i had my first lucid dream, but it only lasted for a few seconds…
I was dreaming of something really weird and i asked myself: ‘am i dreaming? Yes i am!’ so i became lucid, but i got soooooooooo exited that everything went black and when i tryied to go to the place i wanted, i woke up. The problem is, i didn’t really wake up, i was still dreaming, but i lost lucidity :cry:

:wave: hello MisterKarnage and i_have_weird_dreams, welcome to LD4all :grin:

We are used to a bit of randomness here … I think you will like the playground forum when not reading up about LDing :smile:
/me posts some random bananas for fun :tongue:

firstly … congrats on your first LD! :yay: :thumbs:
that is very common when LDing :cry:
It is a good idea to do reality checks after you wake up from a LD since you will often find you are still dreaming! :content:

I want to learn a quick way to lucid dream, i cant just sit there and wait for it to happen!!

PS: what’s lucid food?!

I’m Alexandra and i’v only had one LD, for a very short time… When was the last time you had one?

Hi y’all. I am new here :wink:

I have been practicing dream work for about a year and have had a couple of LD and some OBE. I hope this site can help me further on my journey