The BIG "Hi I'm new here!" Topic XIV

:wave: hello TheBrainSlug,

Just wait until you experience your first lucid dream! :cheer:

:tongue: What happened was that you got merged into the sticky “Big Hi I’m new here” topic :grin:
Welcome to the forum lucidrainwater.
I hope you both get a lot out of being members of ld4all. :cool:

Hey I’m roi, I’m 14 and i just found out about Lucid Dreams.
:smile: i hope i’ll get some soon…

my name is adri (i’m lying) but call me that anyway. i first heard about lucid dreaming 2 yrs ago but then i got bored because i “wasn’t getting any” but then i got disturbing dreams so i started writing them.
…and then last summer, i had one for like 2 seconds! and then i had another one but with limited control. lucid dreams feel uber real only you could do really cool stuff.
from june to november of 2004 i wrote ALL my dreams (the most i got was past twenty). i should have written them on a notebook instead of different pieces of scrap paper lol. but MOST of them survived and i put some on my blog.
now i’m writing them in a diary :smile: and actually doing reality checks. but most of all i’m doing it again because lucid dreaming is the topic of my term paper (i chose it!).

Greetings everyone. My name’s Roy, I’m 23 and live in Manchester UK. I started having LDs when I was about 10, not knowing what they were, then they stopped for a long time but came back to me about a year ago. This time I decided to research them and find out what it was all about and now I’m having them about 4 times a week. I’m a musician and am currently in the process of trying to write songs through lucidity. This all spawned from becoming lucid once whilst in a jazz club watching the most incredible music and musicians. I suddenly realised, after thinking how amazing this was and how I wished I could write this sort of stuff, that I had wrote it, it was all in my head, part of my dream. So I now sleep with a notepad and dictaphone next to my bed with the purpose of becoming lucid, going somewhere where good music is playing and remembering for when I wake up. Maybe even forcing myself to wake up once I’d memorised it. Fingers crossed.

Hello LDmr, stargirl and RoyFLH :wave: it always feels good when people introduce themselves here :grin:

you should do if you keep a dream journal do reality checks and just read and read about lucid dreaming :cool:

Quite a few ld4all members have done projects and talks on lucid dreaming for school. If you hunt around you should find some topics on it with advice given.

Roy, some members have produced music, art etc from lucid dreams. It must be great to have the talent to be able to do this. :wiske:

I hope you all enjoy your time at ld4all.
moogle

Hi guys…

:wave: Hi finkelsmak… :smile:

Welcome stargirl :smile:

Yes, keeping a DJ is indeed very important so keep up with it. Great to hear that you have already had a few lucid dreams. Don’t worry as you practice more they get longer and much more intense. :clap:

Welcome RoyFLH

Indeed you will find that lucid dreaming will help get those creative juices flowing. I enjoy writing and I have received great inspiration for my short stories and books from both lucid and non lucid dreams. :good:

welcome finkelsmak

:wave: I hope you enjoy the forum. There are a lot of great people here. I have to warn you though, there is a strong possibility you will get addicted to this community.

Anyway, there are a lot of good information here so, take a look around and if you have any questions about anything don’t be afraid to ask. :smile:

On a long jouney to find “Home” I’ve finnaly found it here. Hi everyone, wanted to let you know how much I thank you all and appreciate every one of you for making this place what it is. I’ve long looked into Lucid Dreaming with little or no hope of ever finding a place like this.
I am just starting out but have researched long. I can say there is absolutly no other place I would rather be, to share my experiances with all of you, and look forward to listening to everything you all have to say.
Once again thank you all, and I hope to explore my dreams, while making good freinds with all of you.
:wave:

hi
i’m new too
dc

Great to have you join us.

Welcome. :smile:

:boogie: more new people :partying_face:

:wave: hello and welcome to Weasel and mrdc :grin:
This forum has a great community feel to it and I’m really glad you have joined us. :wiske:

Hi, I’m new here. I’ve been interested in lucid dreams for a few years now, but this is the first time I’ve made a concerted effort to have them. I have had a few lds, but they were spaced months apart and I woke up soon each time. My goal is to make lucid dreaming a regular thing and master control of them. This is a great community, from what I’ve seen!

Hi i’m new!!! i’m 13 and had 1 Lucid dream. I made myself jump from the top of a building :lol:. I love iPods and drumming and almost anything music related. I also do a lot of Brickfilming. Go here for more info: brickfilms.com/

I first got interested in lucid dreaming after I jumped off that 14 story highrise :razz:.

• jeorge

Hello I am new to this list and to the experience of lucid dreaming … I have had one “near-lucid” dream several months ago and decided to make a goal of experiencing full lucidity. So far I have gotten better at remembering dreams, I think it is just a matter of time before I experience full lucidity. Anyway it should be quite an adventure. I have visited many sites on this topic, I must say this is the most informative and user-friendly site I have found so far. Thanks pasQuale, you have provided a great resource for us all!

Randy

:wave: Welcome to the ld4all community stumblebum, jeorge and Randor :content:
I wish you all well with your lucid dreaming. Since joining ld4all, I have found that because I am absorbing knowledge and ideas all the time, even if you have infrequent LDs … you can advance at a faster rate with different lucid dreaming abilities. :dream:

Thank you, moogle!

Hi all

I’m Stacie. I’ve been interested in dreams for a while and always wanted to learn more but could never really find any good resources. I’ve had regularish dreams where i can control what I’m doing but not change any surroundings(feels like im awake but not my life or people and places in my life) but I never realise im dreaming until I wake up. I’ve also had a few lucid dreams in the past but not through trying to have them.

Anyway I love the site and the forums and have found out lots of new stuff here and hope to learn and understand more.

Welcome Tubaboya :wave:

You will definitely learn a lot about lucid dreaming here. Since you have already had a few spontaneous lucid dreams you are already ahead of the game. At least you know lucid dreams are real and it is worth your time to learn to learn how to induce them.

If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask.

Good luck on your dreams. :smile:

Hey all,
My name is: Jordan Allen. I like long walks on the beach, and champagne…Oh, oops. Wrong board.hehe.
I’m just joshin ya! I am Jordan Allen, and I’m new here on LD4all, however I’ve been reading the site for about a year now. I just got my computer so I couldn’t wait to become a member here. This site looks great, and the topics and people here seem awesome. A little about me: I love to dream, act and sing. I’m 15. I live in L.A. and well… that’s about it. Just wanted to let everyone know who I am, so Hi! I’m sure I’ll get to know you guys, and I am looking forward to it! So until another time: Good night and sweet dreaming! Keep dreaming! For without dreams…the world would cease to exist!