The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part XXIX [XXVIII missed out]

[color=red][b]This is Part XXIX of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic. The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.

Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content:

Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: . [/b][/color]

Hello everyone, I’m new here (obviously)!

I have been interested in dreams and dreaming for time out of mind, and had a very few lucid dreams in the past. Right now I’m working very hard to make that a higher number, through getting extra sleep, reality checks, MILD… all the Right Things. Sooner or later it’s got to help, right?

So pleased to meet you all, and any tips are greatly appreciated!

-Rachel (Nyc)

:welcome: Hey, Rachel!

Glad you decided to join, best decision of your life! :yes: Right guys?

“RIGHT, WOLF!”

See? :grin:

Welcome, Rachel!

You are right, sooner or later, your techniques will work. You should refer to the First Steps board to read some nice feedback on getting started with LDing.

:wave: Welcome to the nicest forum ever! (And please, start a dream journal! :content: )

—B

Oh I guess I definitely do that.
(I won’t tell anyone I just threw away a bunch of old dream journals. I will probably get lynched for it… :eek: )

Wow, I’m in the middle of a WBTB right now, I just woke up.
Anyways… Hi, I’m new here

:welcome: hello theotherlight and Rachel :grin:

/me lynches Rachel
/me hopes you will decide to start an on-line DJ here :content:

Welcome all the new commers :welcome:

Random hello from me too. I was absent for a few days, and while I don’t think that means I have to re-introduce myself, I went on a random checking spree. :tongue:

Nah, it’s OK, dreams reflect inner feelings, and sometimes, you just feel like you must throw those away, somewhat getting rid of them symbolically. I wouldn’t throw my stuff away, personally, but I won’t lynch you for doing that :content: This is up to you, after all. [=

My name is michelle. I’m a new member. I am into many types of music. I love to read topics on lucidity. but I haven’t started yet. I’m looking for someone who can teach me the “First Steps To Lucidity”, whose also had a few lucid dreams. Please Post your replies.

:wave: hello Marine_Girl

we would just be posting the stuff that is already posted in the first steps forum and quest for lucidity forum. :tongue:
You should read all the main site first, which gives the basic information. Then read the topics that you are interested in finding more about. We have sticky topics on ‘Remembering dreams’, ‘Choosing your Technique’, MILD, WILD, WBTB, VILD etc
Then if you still have a specific question, you should make a post or new topic in the first steps or quest forum with a suitable topic title.

Welcome Marine_Girl :wave:
I’m sure you’ll find everything you need on either the forums or the main site, and everyone here will gladly help you as well :yes:

Oh! Michelle, my belle. Sont des mots qui vont tres bien ensemble. (Kidding.)

Sorry, gone for 3 days–but I’m BACK!!! :yay:

BIG “WHASSUP!?” To all new members that I missed :happy:

You’re back!

Hi, Michelle! :wave:

Oooo! :happy:

/me hums blissfully in the corner of the room :content:

I’ve been on here for awhile, but am still kinda new, so hello. I felt the urge to introduce myself. I am dan from the bay area. I am well. How are all of you?

Gday everybody, my names Jesse and I come from the land down under, Australia. I’m 17 and had my first lucid dream last night. I was reading about ld’s on Wikipedia, and found this site. Good to see there’s a commmunity going on that I can be part of. Just a bit about myself. I love heavy metal, I play guitar in a metal band, and I’m also a traceur. For those of you who don’t know (probably everybody hehe) traceur means freerunner. For those of you who haven’t heard of freerunning (probably most of you) I advise you to check out this link en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

I find that freerunning has a bit in common with Lucid Dreaming, in that both are ways of exploring and enjoying our environments. Freerunners often describe themselves as flowing through their urban environment, which I think is a bit like lucid dreaming.

My first lucid dream is probably what you would call semi-lucid. I noticed a crowd of people, which I had seen a few times before in the dream. I checked my watch twice, which of course was different both times and became aware. I probably should have taken a bit more time, but first thing I did was try to fly, which failed, but strangely enough a ladder conjured up out of nowhere. Unfortunately I lost lucidity soon after, and slipped back into the normal dream. It was great though and I hope I can do it again soon.

Anyway it’s great that I found this forum and I look forward to reading, interacting, and hopefully many more lucid dreams!

hi all im isaac and im new here too. just had my first lucid dream after two weeks. it was one of the best feelings in the world. i posted it on first ld topic. anywho just wanted to say hi

Hello holguini and Failspound :wave: