The Big OBE topic part II

Not to argue with the last post but its just complicated.Once in ld youre out of body.No need to do anything about it(cuz prolly you will end up wasting unlimited amounts of lds on some practices that in my opinion are all unecessary).Just do what you want to do in you OOBE- just because you are in different enviroment than your bedroom doesnt mean much yet. Lds happen in some weird worlds just cuz you "wake up" in them from normal dream-its a continue from non ld u had and as u know they tend to happen just anywhere your brain uncounciously goes. OObes seem different mainly because sometimes there are clearer and start in familiar enviroment.But thats because theres nothing "before".Your mind starts travelling conciously from the moment youre concious.
To put it short- dont worry about “is it ld or oobe?” thing- enjoy the experience,you`re out and thats it.
good luck:)

Hi there!

This must be like one of the oldest discussions in the “dream-world” and still no agreement.

Logically arguments will fail, so I just say what I think, having no intent to argue about it!

I believe OBE is not the same as LD althought the two states can mix and share many similarities:

I have two main reasons to believe that.

1. All experienced Projectors (which have experieneced many hundreds of OBE’s as well as LD’s) seem to be convinced that the two states are different. saying things like:

and

1. when reading reports on a LD-board and reading experiences on OBE-boards and compayring them, I note that the experiences have a different touch:

LD: Like a matrix were you can play NEO, things feel real, There usually is gravity, you have a body (when it starts), it’s more like a videogame, and not a “transforming” experience

OBE: more a mystique experience. You usually don’t have a realistic body , More “floating”, You have less controll. it’s a more alien experience then a LD. It contains often transforming-elements, like feeling other mighty beings being present. experience strong emotions, experience things that you can not even be put into words…

I know these differences are vague, but read a many OBE-reports as well as LD-reports and I’ll see what I mean.

I thinks one needs a lot of experience before he can evaluate the situation: A further problem might be that LD’s can fake OBE-experiences.

I believe Converting LD into OBE is quite easy but since most LD-People assume OBE=LD they do not evev try it which is kind of a pity, cause that would really help to understand the situation better.

Cheers Tom

I have had lucid dreams where that appears to be the case… or where i dream about having OBE exit realated feelings… then leave my body… but i do believe they have a slightly different feel to them both, but are very closely realated if not the same…

ok everytime i ask this question i always get the same answer but ill ask it anyway. What is the difference between astral projection and oobes. I know that astral projection is a type of oobe ,but people say theres a huge difference. The answer I always get is “You are more aware in an oobe.” This is confusing to me. It doesnt really make things clear and it doesnt say what ur aware of. Somebody please give a clear explanation on the difference of these two things!!!

THANK YOU

not a very nice blanket answer you have been getting. I can and will not claim to be an authority but my opinion is that as you mentioned there are many types of oobe

one that isn’t astral projection would be when you get in a car crash and studdenly see things as if you were outside of your body.

Astral projection is more of a controlled thing, like you want to do it and try to do it instead of it happening by some natural force.

This question has been asked many times on the forum. Here are the main topics about it.

Do you think OBE’s are LD’s?
My opinion on OBE’s
Article on OBE and NDE
Astral projection - Just another form of lucid dreaming?
The BIG OBE topic
For all that think OBEs are real part II
My first OBE last night…This is not lucid dreaming.

I hope you can find an answer to it in these numerous threads.
Anyway, I’ll merge your question to the BIG OBE topic, which seems to be the best place for it. :grin:

Astral Projection and OOBE are the same thing.The term ‘Astral Projection’ was used for label the experience by the occultists of the early 19th century, then around the 50’s and 60’s I think the term OOBE or OBE, started to be used more instead.

As far I know, the first time in western occultism when it’s told about flying with “astral body” was in 1877, in “Isis Unveiled” by Helena Blavatsky.
Between 185O and this date, spirite societies were using the term “perisprit” instead of “astral body”. Some of them said it’s was possible to “exteriorize” it.
So I didn’t found in western occultism the term “astral projection” before the end of the 19th century, and nothing related to the possibility of travelling with anything astral before 1850. Did you?

Isaac that OBE sounds pretty cool. I am going to try something like this soon, but I have trouble keeping my mind focused on “I’m going to dream, I’m in a dream, I know I’m dreaming.” I often find myself repeating this for about 5 minutes before I get into a soft sleep and I doze off. When I have the power to stay focused I notice that I have black and white images in my head and sometimes I can hear noises along with this (I remember reading the technical term for this). Does anybody else know what I mean? I’m not sure if this is connected to an OBE or just LDing in general but it is very interesting when it happens because I am still only half asleep.

Yes thats correct, I think I meant the early 20th century…which would ahve been something like 1910 etc
:shy:

Thank you! :smile: I believed I missed something while researching about this…

i think your refering to the state before you can OBE called Hypnogogic Imagery

I have had once OOBE while traveling.
I was lying by a side of a field and felt a bit tense while falling asleep.
So I kept my awareness and had a LD.
And there I thought…well…what to do…let;s have a look at my body. :cool:

So I concentrated with this intention and everything turned into a fog.
And the fog got thiner and thiner till eventually was possible to see world again.
And there was I- in a sleeping bag,slightly smiling.
It was just like I would be looking at it with my physical eyes. :eek:

Last night I had a very restless sleep where I’d be waking up every hour or so. At one stage I was having a dream that I was absolutely hurtling through blackness at breakneck speeds. I wasn’t in control of where I was going because I felt as though I was being pulled along a kind of invisible roller coaster track. There were also tiny flashing lights around. It wasn’t fun and I was scared and then I woke up with a start. I lay there for a bit thinking “What was THAT?” It didn’t feel like a normal dream. Is this a common thing? Was that perhaps me ‘coming back to earth’ and to my body?

Hi im new here, and im not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes. One of my friends has just told me about astral projection, and i have dont some research, and have become interested in it. He told me how to induce an OBE, but didnt tell me what it feels like. So heres some questions:

What does it feel like as you are leaving your body?
How vivid is your vision?
What do you think is the easiest way to induce a OBE?

Any advice would be a great help. Thanks!!

As far as I know, its a lot like a WILD, which is also the easiest way to induce one I think. The trouble is, there is a lot of debate as to whether or not OBEs and WILDs are the same thing or not, or if you even leave your body at all in an OBE.

https://community.ld4all.com/t/stuck/14728
ok…if you read through that link above (one of my previous posts) you’ll know my position up to this point
…i’ll just sum it up for you n e wayz…it basically is me describing a “zooming” feeling that i have when im trying to WILD…and one guy suggested that i was startingto have an OOBE…

so when he told me this is didnt know weather to be happy or sad
…iv heard OOBE’s are cool but i also heard they can be very scary…adn to be honest, some of this LD stuff scares the crap out of me

well…i decieded to persue OOBE’s n e way
I just need basic tips…maybe some ways to help me leave my body when i get to (as described in the link above) this feeling where im standing up and sitting down at the same time

i was reading in the WHILE section of the website under OOBE’s and i read something about imagining yourself flying up and saying something like “up, up out of my body”…i tried that but for some reason i have trouble picturing things in the first person…does it make a differance if i picture it in the third person…n e way, that didtn work

so if n e one know n e thing about OOBE’s id love some advice/tips…thank you :cool_laugh:

ok for one i have the same problem bud i tried OBEs for th longest time. But i have the same fear too. even trying to have LDS. useing wild going into the dream state your body going numb very odd. feeling one time i was doing that half way through. Some guy said “Hey!” freaked the hell out of me!
But yes you must image things in 1st person point of view which is very hard for some people. I found better resalts when ya do that. Doing things in 3rd person point of view doesnt work at all :sad: even though half my dreams is watching my slef.

dang…yeah i find imagining things in the first person very hard…unless iv already done it before in my life
like i could imagine walking through my house in first person…but flying strait up into the sky…much harder :no:

Hey guys,
I cant OBE and ive gotten near once or twice… i reckon the idea of it is totally awsome!!! id love to be able to do them… but i read somewhere that you cant OBE unless you first of all get over the fear of it… im not sure where, but they said that that was the most important thing to having them.

MiTcHy