Welcome to the Sixth Normal Dream Challenge of LD4all!
A challenge to test and improve dream recall, quality and clarity of recorded dreams, as well as the ability to incubate non-lucid dreams. It also serves as an encouragement to read others’ Dream Journals and vice versa.
[color=#6600FF]The points have been calculated![/color]
It has been a very long challenge. You (hopefully) mastered the four elements, with the additional fifth element within your dreams. Did you learn anything about yourself? Maybe you did, maybe you didn’t, without further ado… here’s the winner of Normal Dream Challenge 6!
With an astounding 216 points, this challenge’s winner is Yev! Brute-forcing his way through with an astounding 75 normal dreams, 58 fragments! I’m proud of you (because that’s pretty much how I won the last NDC)
The runner-up is…
Right behind Yev, with 207 points, exceeding even Yev’s normal dream count with 77 normal dreams, 10 fragments and 9 lucid dreams!
In relatively close third position is…
With a respectable 185 points, Marvin is on the spot for the bronze, with the highest fragment count of 78 and a normal dream count of 48!
And the rest of the contestants:
(Name - Total Points - Fragments - Normal Dreams - Lucid Dreams)
4. Scipio Xaos - 120 points - 2 - 32 - 5
5. Mew151 - 65 points - 13 - 24 - 1
6. moogle - 38 points - 0 - 19 - 0
7. Magnus - 19 points - 10 - 3 - 1
8. Ghosteh - 15 points - 0 - 1 - 3
9. Sandra - 7.5 points - 3 - 2 - 0
10. geekboy - 0 points - 0 - 0 - 0
10. mr_Block - 0 points - 0 - 0 - 0
And that concludes the Normal Dream Challenge!
Next taskmaster will be Yev! I’ll be waiting!
Disclaimer: The scoreboard is currently in flux, which means that I give the contestants 48 hours to suggest changes, depending on their performance, as in, if I had missed any lucid dreams, chainings, reality checks, tasks completed, you can let me know and I will fix the scores.
Also, I left out the subjective scores, which means I did not score for the most far-fetched task completion and the readability of your amount of NDs, LDs, chainings, task completes and such.
Edit: Scores have been locked.
[spoiler][color=#6600FF]First task (17th June - 23rd June):[/color]
Commune with a representative of water, be it a water nymph, an undine, a mermaid, a fish, an octopus, etc. Learn about and explore their habitat that lies underwater.[/spoiler]
[spoiler][color=#6600FF]Second task (24th June - 1st July):[/color]
Earth is what we live on, where we get most of our food. Explore the lands of foreign and wondrous, see new plantlife, new customs and landscapes. You can even explore another planet or dimension for those purposes![/spoiler]
[spoiler][color=#6600FF]Third task (2nd July - 8th July):[/color]
Wind power has been harnessed early on in the human history. Electricity however, arrived only just. Wind and lightning are the themes of this challenge. See electric machinery, wind-powered contraptions or just witness the raw power of thunderstorms. Gliding in the wind is also an option.[/spoiler]
[spoiler][color=#6600FF]Fourth task (9th July - 15th July):[/color]
Fire is a tool or a weapon, depending on how to use it. As a weapon it is fierce and fearsome, erasing everything without discrimination.
As a tool, it supports life, providing warmth and fertility for living beings to grow.
This week’s task is to use fire to cleanse the land and allow life to begin anew from the ashes of old. What will grow?[/spoiler]
[spoiler][color=#6600FF]Fifth task (16th July - 31st July):[/color]
These challenges have guided you through the elements for this purpose. Now that you have (hopefully) mastered the elements, it is this task that puts you to the penultimate test. Prove your mastery, unleash at least three of the four elements in any way, shape or form within your dream. The key here is that the elements’ point of origin must be you, as in, you somehow have to will them into existence. Be it casting spells directly, or just using a matchbox to create a fire for example.
Due to the difficult nature of this dream, the length of this challenge is extended.
[spoiler][color=#6600FF]Sixth (and final!) task (1st August - 11th August):[/color]
You are now truly a master of elements, but you have one more element to master. This time it is a choice, which. Present yourself in choice of karmic destiny. The ultimate choice between light and darkness. Do you sacrifice yourself, or others?[/spoiler]
ND Challenge 1 - TM and Initiator: Dreamjutsu - Winner: Ysim
ND Challenge 2 - TM: Ysim - Winner: moogle
ND Challenge 3 - TM: moogle and Eilatan - Winner: MagykKatte
ND Challenge 4 - TM: MagykKatte and Ysim - Winner: Eilatan
ND Challenge 5 - TM: Eilatan - Winner: Fate
ND Challenge 6 - TM: Fate - Winner: ???
1 points per fragment recalled
2 points per normal dream recalled
3 points per lucid dream recalled
1 point per chain 
0.5 points per reality check performed, successful or otherwise 
1 point per recovering lucidity 
10 points for current task completed
5 points per late task completed 
5 points for personal challenge completed
5 points for current task completed while lucid
2 points per late task completed while lucid
2 points for personal challenge completed while lucid
1 to 10 points for providing a clean and well-structured Dream Journal 
5 points for the weirdest/most far-fetched incorporation of current task.
 - Chaining means that you wake up from a dream, but immediately go back to sleep and see either the same dream or a different one. The chains are cumulative for each sleeping session, meaning you can get several points for chaining if you wake up, go to sleep, see a dream, wake up again and go to sleep, see another dream, etc.
 - Every reality check you perform in a dream will net you a point, even if it does not get you lucid. Reality checks performed while lucid will not reward points.
 - When you are lucid, but feel lucidity fading and you use techniques suited for regaining lucidity (such as spinning around, rubbing hands or focusing your gaze on one object), every time you recover lucidity that way, you will get two points.
 - You can complete multiple late tasks (but not the same ones!) per dream (including lucid dreams).
 - I am lazy, you will be rewarded for making your DJ easier for me to find the rewardable points. Every contestant will be given points depending on the quality of the Dream Journal, once per week. Examples will be given in the post below.