ND Challenge #1

The ND challenge is a test of your dream recall, your ability to induce a dream about a given subject, and of your abilty to clearly communicate your dreams to others. It is also to encourage you to read other peoples Dream Journal and they yours.

The rules are as follows

10 points per ND recalled
15 points per LD recalled
10 points per successful chain
20 points per personal choice incubated dream
20 points per late incubation challenge dream
30 points per current incubation challenge dream
30 points per most interesting Dream Journal vote
30 points per most well written Dream Journal vote

Every few days an Incubation Challenge will be announced. Like every Sunday and Wednesday. Your goals overall are to recall and record dreams in detail, and to have a dream, lucid or not about the current or past challenge.
You may also choose a personal challenge.
Please pre-state your personal challenge upon signup. Once you have completed your challenge you may choose a new one.

Please put a link to your DJ when you sign up. If you do not have a Dream Journal on LD4all, start one, :happy: it is a great habit.
If you do not wish to start one you may either submit some of your better dreams to be voted on. If you choose to submit dreams in this way they must be from the Challenge period. Alternatively you may choose not submit any and thereby be un-eligible to be voted upon. This will put you at a disadvantage though so be warned.

Throughout the week the other participants may read your Dream Journal to vote on. They will be voted on at the and of the challenge time by best content, and best writing style.

At the end of every incubation session you may vote on who’s DJ you enjoyed the most, in the categories of Best Overall Content, and Best Writing Style/clarity of journal.
You have 4 votes, two per category, one for your first and second picks in each category.
You cannot vote for yourself. (not that you would :tongue: )
You cannot vote for the same person twice in the same category during the same voting session. Votes may be submitted via post or by pm for sake of being anonymous.
You earn 30 points per vote you receive.
You do not have to vote if you do not want to, but it is encouraged.

Example of Points:

For every ND you have you get 10 points. If that dream completes the challenge you get 10 + 20 (for personal or late challenge) or 10 + 30 (for current challenge) Same for an LD 15 + 20 (for personal or late challenge) or 15 + 30 (for current challenge)

If you have any questions please ask them. This is the first time for this so it may be a little bumpy. Those signed up are below. We will start when we feel like it so, here we go.

Name … DJ … Personal Challenge

1. Dreamjutsu Art of the Dream Epic sword battle
  2. Hexaditidom Excel-ing ; Complete transformation
  3. moogle [ND Challenge] moogle’s dreams labyrinth
  4. GHOSTIE11 Searching for Truth train station
  5. Carnun Carnun’s Sleepy Deviations Artwork inspiration
  6. Ysim The Dragon’s Crystal Lair Finding The Dream Girl’s name (a reoccurring DC)
  7. Kirbypowered Kirby’s Dreamland Journey across foreign lands
  8. TheChris The Arriving to Yun Have a dream set in my dreamworld
  9. Mugiwara The No-Logic Adventures Find my “evil” self
  10. Hunaynay Visions of Blue Dragon Slugs meet my characters in a dream
  11. Stormrush

Edit: Added 10 extra points for chanining
updated voting rules

How are you going to deal with dream fragments? That aren’t long enough to be called a full dream?

3. moogle (dj url will be added later) labyrinth even though it’s quite unlikely :tongue:

3. moogle (dj url will be added later) labyrinth even though it’s quite unlikely :tongue:

5.Carnun Carnun’s Sleepy Deviations Artwork inspiration

5. Ysim The Dragon’s Crystal Lair Finding The Dream Girl’s name (a reoccurring DC)

I’m sure I get faaar too little sleep to be entering into a competition like this, but hey, far be it from me to turn down a dream challenge :tongue:

5. Ysim The Dragon’s Crystal Lair Finding The Dream Girl’s name (a reoccurring DC)
  6. Kirbypowered Kirby’s Dreamland Journey across foreign lands

First contest I’ve entered, but I thought I’d have a better chance with an ND contest than an LD one so I don’t think I should do too bad.

Do you all think that starting on Sunday would be fine, or should we wait a bit longer? :confused:

Sunday should be fine :content:

And Xander, I too have too little recall :tongue: but I think a challenge like this will improve my DR :smile:

Sunday works for me! The sooner the better!

Sunday is great for me, I have a two week break just starting so I should be able to recall more stuff. :tongue:

Ok, Sunday it is then.
Oh, and I was thinking of adding some points (like 10) for chaining since that is inducing a dream, what do you think? Reply on this topic please. Thanks. :content:

3. moogle (dj url will be added later) labyrinth
  6. Ysim The Dragon’s Crystal Lair Finding The Dream Girl’s name (a reoccurring DC)
    8.TheChris The Arriving to Yun Have a dream set in my dreamworld

I really like the idea and would like to sign in. In fact I have no chance in terms of points, because my recall is not good, not to speak about my LD frequency… but this here will help with these things, right? :smile:

I hope so, that is what this is all about. :content:

3. moogle dj labyrinth
    8.TheChris The Arriving to Yun Have a dream set in my dreamworld
  8. Mugiwara The No-Logic Adventures Find my “evil” self

This sounds like a great idea, I’m joining too ^^

Ok, the first Nd Challenge starts tomorrow!!! Yay! :grin:
I will try to post the incubation goal in the morning, but I might not have time. In that case it will be posted in the afternoon.
I seemed fitting so I have added in a 10 point bonus for chaining.
I will try to keep the scores straight, but please, please check my work.
EXAMPLE

Your points would be:
30 points for the NDs
15 for the LD
10 for chain
20 for personal challenge
equals = 75 points for the night.

Don’t forget to be reading the DJs to vote on. :content:

Oh, and any dreams you have during the day count as well. So get that Sunday nap in. :tongue:

Edit:
@moogle
We still need your DJ link please. :content:

Looks like a good scoring system :content:

Looking forward to the start :grin:

added the new dj url to the last list posted

[ND Challenge] moogle’s dreams

Ok, thanks :smile:

Today is the day! The first Incubation goal is…*insert drum-roll here…

An watery adventure!

I figured we’d start with a broad subject.

Swim in it, fly over it, go on a cruise, be a mermaid, a fish, a deep see fisherman, a whale, walk on water, go boating, explore a undersea cave, go to the beach, play in the rain, take a bath, a shower if you prefer, pretty much anything to do with the ocean and water in general!

Choose what feels right to you and let us know.
I personally am going to try the rainy day idea. :smile:

This challenge will be current until Wednesday.
The next goal will be more situational instead of objective, thereby, in my opinion at least, more difficult.