Lucidity Challenge 42—Winner: Wyvern!

Wyvern, I like how you stacked people for a size reference. :smile: As I told people in chat, I’m not going to be a huge stickler about the size, but it’d be nice if people didn’t get 50’ confused with 300’ like most monster movie watchers do. The trees in your drawing are an easy reference point for a natural setting, and in an urban setting, it’s helpful to know that most building stories range from 12’ to 15’, so just growing to put your head around the fourth set of windows from the ground up will do it.

HeadInTheClouds, noted. I hope to get some task points out of you soon.~

I’ve updated the scores.

I pulled a tree up from the ground last night, in a dream where I finally used that anger energy for something that gave points. It wasn’t a lucid dream.

Yay Siiw! Back into fifth place! I’ve added in your points. Can you push your way to fourth?

I have marked Lucidis inactive due to his statement in chat that he will not have time to write his dream journal for a few weeks combined with his statement that he will not claim points unless he types a dream journal entry that contains them.

I’ve got several dreams to report. I’ll indicate any that should have early points.

Last week during task 4 I had a long LD in which I bit clothes and swallowed part of it. In the same dream, I found myself behind Wall Maria from Attack on Titan (what’s with these AoT dreams, I haven’t watched it in a month). I had spent most of the dream running from “Titans” that were only the size of normal people. I tried to use the moon to transform into an Oozaru, but I ended up becoming something similar to the Armored Titan. I lifted a giant sphere from a fountain (one I could not hold in real life and was anchored down) and used the ball like a bowling ball the roll over Titans. I smashed through a couple of buildings using just my strength, I also rolled head over heals a few times to dodge things.

Visited an alien planet in an ND.

Ate some pizza in a short LD with Wyvern. I’m not sure if it was in the same dream, but I did have one where overeating made me obese, but if it was not the same dream, it wasn’t lucid.

In an ND I visited one of those electronic fortune tellers at a fair. Does that count?

Rhewin, yes, I’ll count the electronic fortune teller. In fact, if you had deliberately done that in an LD, I’d’ve given a few creativity points for it and then a few more still if you’d wished to be big.

The scores are updated, and Rhewin has moved into third place.

I made a quick clarification to a Task 5 subtask. The “communicate with a Floraiju” points refer to human-Floraiju conversations, not to transforming with somebody and then talking to your partner.

Just a short LD with a near miss for some points. Floraiju tonight!

Traffic and Mewtwo ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Task 1 Part X LUCID

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 4
Medium LDs: 4
Long LDs: 2
Chains: 4

Task 1:-E Did some date math. | Levitated a van and went to the Astral Plain. | Became Mewtwo (Not Team Dream)
Task 2:-E SUPER SAIYAN SCIPIO. | Smashed things. Ripped a tree out of the ground. Transformed via injection.
Task 3:-C Took a bite out of my shirt.
Task 4:-E Inflated and rolled head over heels. Transformed into a werewolf via moonlight. | Held small metal marbles (slugs) as well as larger orbs of energy.
Task 5: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

^ Yyyeeesss, Floraiju tonight. RAWR! I’ve added your points to the scoresheet.

Short LD moment. Nothing else.

Nothing else probably, that is.

Page 18, huh.

^ Yes, page 18. I acknowledge people as soon as I get the chance instead of waiting until the end of the week, so the page count tends to bloat. I think it’s a small price to pay for constant score updates. :tongue:

Speaking of which, the scores are updated.

/me really doesn’t know what to call the length of his dreams anymore… they are getting increasingly longer. Gonna default to medium, I guess? At least until I start getting a feel for the new average time.

LD #2508
I was racing against Rhewin last night (and a bunch of gorillas for whatever reason) in a large mall racetrack. Probably brought on by our brief game of Sonic All Stars Racing last night. While we were racing, a Floraiju passed in front of us. It was considerably smaller than 50ft, kind of like Bowser size in Mario Kart, otherwise it looked completely normal in appearance. Rhewin and I both used fireball items on it. :happy:

Welp… Here’s an LD. :razz: More coming tonight! :happy:

Almost TF ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Chain

Stats so far:

Medium LDs: 5
Chains: 5

Task 1:-E Did some date math. | Levitated a van and went to the Astral Plain. | Became Mewtwo (Not Team Dream)
Task 2:-E SUPER SAIYAN SCIPIO. | Smashed things. Ripped a tree out of the ground. Transformed via injection.
Task 4:-E Inflated and rolled head over heels. Transformed into a werewolf via moonlight. | Held small metal marbles (slugs) as well as larger orbs of energy.
Task 5: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

Wyvern, I know firsthand how racing games invade dreams. :tongue:

Scipio, transform harder and transform faster!

I’ve updated the scores and have also been considering the lack of creativity points thus far in the LC. It’s not that there haven’t been any “good” dreams; it’s more that nothing has “wowed” me in a way that seemed really creative. That said, there’s been conversation in IRC about a Task 4 / Task 5 crossover dream incubation of Floraiju Dodgeball, and everything about the idea seems humorous and all-around awesome. I’m willing to throw five to ten creativity points at it despite everybody having the same idea. You’ll get closer to ten points for extra details and for having an epic game, e.g., knowing the participants’ names or transforming known DCs, having many people for a large game (no pun intended), noting any destruction caused by you or other players, or other details. Methinks this should be entertaining to incubate and to read. :happy:

Two short lucid dreams in the morning.

^ It’s about time you had some more LDs! I’ve added in your points and updated the scores.

And once more - short LD.

They come and go out of nowhere, with no bearing on my actual effort. i[/i]

I had two LDs last night. One long and one short.

Tried to get to the rain forest to meet the kaiju but didn’t make it. I did complete my personal challenge though and flew without any problems! :smile:

Had a long LD. I am claiming points for:

Long LD
Visiting a foreign planet
Encountering a floraiju
Entering the floraiju habitat

SPOILER - Click to view

I don’t remember when I was, or how I became lucid, but the first thing I remember was being in a large forest. I don’t know what kind of forest it was, I just know it was a forest. i made several attempts to summon a floraiju. Each time it looked different. I would look away, and then imagine the picture of the floraiju, and then when I looked back, there was always something very large.

One of the monsters I summoned looked sort of like a mantis. I saw this one a couple times. another one was one of the Attack on Titan beasts. I also saw godzilla. one of the last ones I summoned sort of resembled the floraiju. It did not have the right hands, feet, or tail. When looking at it for the last time, I managed to get the feet and hands right, but the tail was not. I do not remember what the face looked like.

After this, I decided it was time to summon my partner so we could defeat the floraiju. I summoned Wyvern. I saw a man walking in the distance. He was tall, muscular, and heroic looking with long red flowing hair, and his clothes were red. I asked him, “Are you Wyvern?” and he replied “Totally” as he walked into the space ship that was next to us.

Here is where the order of events seems a little sketchy.

I remember flying, REALLY fast, and way up in the sky, looking down at the ground. The landscape was blocky like minecraft, and I saw many different scructures as I flew through the sky.

I was in a space ship with Wyvern. We must have been flying for a long time. I do not recall time passing, but I remember certain points of the trip. I remember Wyvern talking about being tired of flying. We landed on a planet covered in forest, and I tried to summon a floraiju once again to complete the team dream.

I was standing on top of the ship, and I saw the mantis looking thing again, and it begged me not to look inside the ship, as if its brethren were inside. I also remember seeing a large person with curly hair, and wearing clothes with the color scheme of a floraiju hanging on to the side of the ship. I do not remember how it got there.

For my new personal task, I would like to visit space, without a vehicle, and feel the effects of no gravity.

Oleg, if you’re having spontaneous LDs, try to get a feel for your thought processes right when you gain lucidity, or see if you feel different somehow. Train an awareness of those thoughts and feelings IWL, and you’ll be lucid more often!

Eterna, congrats! You can give me a second personal goal for 25 points if you want.

drd, you and DC-Wyvern seem to be best buddies now. :3 I’ve taken note of your new personal goal; best of luck with it!

I’ve updated the scores.

Three days, three LDs… going for number four tonight! Using the Thorn method! :razz:

Floraiju! - The First ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Task 5 Parts I, IV, & V LUCID EARLY

Stats so far:

Medium LDs: 6
Chains: 5

Task 5:-E Transformed into a Floraiju, Encountered a Floraiju and held a conversation with him.
[/spoiler]

^ That “feeling” you mention when transforming is really the most important thing. Even if you don’t look at yourself, if you feel you are something and your dream actions and perspective line up with it, then for all intents and purposes, you are that something! I wish you the best of luck with dodgeball next time; it sounds like you’re looking forward to it.~ I’ve updated the scores; welcome to the top three!