LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein
LC IV - TM: Bravsein - winner: WritersCube
LC V - TM: WritersCube - winner: dimsya
LC VI - TM: dimsya - winner: Queen SD
LC VII - TM: Ysim - winner: Mugiwara
LC VIII - TM: Mugiwara - winner: Ysim
LC IX - TM: Ysim - winner: Tundra
LC X -TM: Tundra - winner: ebil shrimp
LC 11 -TM: Ebil shrimp - winner: Tundra
LC 12 - TM: HebrewB - winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 - TM: Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM: relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM: GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM: Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM: Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM: Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM: Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Undecided (but probably Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM: Danilens 13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM: Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM: Solaris - winner: Rhewin
LC 27 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Rhewin
LC 28 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Siiw
LC 29 – TM: Siiw – winner: Rhewin
LC 30 – TM: Puce – winner: Wega
LC 31 - TM: Mimmo0 - winner: Limitles
LC 32 - TM: Limitles - winner: Nicklebrick
LC 33 - TM: Nicklebrick - winner: elnaureth
LC 34 - TM: elnaureth - winner: DreamSailor
LC 35 - TM: Ysim - winner: Koharo
LC 36 - TM: Rhewin - winner: HeadInTheClouds
Hello and welcome to the 37th LC. I am HeadInTheClouds, and I shall be your taskmaster. The LC is an opportunity to have some friendly competition with your fellow lucid dreamers. The purpose of the LC is to challenge everyone to do their best with LDing, whether you are an advanced lucid dreamer, or you have never had a lucid dream before. Mainly, just try your best and have fun.
I intend to keep this challenge on a fairly strict schedule, but sometimes life gets in the way. Nevertheless, I will make sure that we complete this LC.
The following are the rules. Don’t worry if it looks confusing, it’s all for me to worry about. Any changes from the last LC are in red. The main change I have made is to the creative bonus.
You get these just for having an LD! You do not have to complete a task to get these, so post any and every lucid experience!
Points awarded for each dream:
- You wonder if you’re dreaming or you have a false lucid dream (FLD). + 5pts
- You become lucid but wake up shortly after or lose lucidity very quickly (generally 30 seconds or less for most dreamers). + 10pts
- Short LD: You have whatever you would consider to be short according to typical LD’s you’ve had in the past. + 20pts
- Medium/Average LD: You have what you would consider a medium length LD. This should be the average length of most of your dreams up to this point. + 30pts
- Long LD: You have what you would consider a long LD. + 40pts
- Longest Dream: You break your personal record for longest LD (see details for new dreamers below). + 50pts
Everybody is to provide an average length on signup (unless you have never had an LD before), and point calculating will be done accordingly.
For those who have never had a lucid dream before, anything from 30 seconds to 1 minute will count short; 1-5 minutes medium; 5+ minutes will be considered long. You will not be eligible for “longest LD” points until after your first long LD
A dream is considered a single one until you get out of bed and/or write down your dreams. (That means chaining/DEILD will all count as one dream)
If you have your first lucid dream while the Challenge is running you will get +75 points!
If you become lucid through a technique you never succeeded with before, I will also award +50 bonus points to you. If you’re about to try a new technique, or are simply new to lucid dreaming and want to find out which technique suits you best, this is your chance. However, these extra points are not awarded for your first ever lucid dream. (Please be clear about this when you report your dream, because I don’t want an extra entry in the signup form for each technique succeeded with so far.)
As you can see, this scoring system is very subjective. This is because different people have different average lengths for lucid dreams. What one person may consider short (5 minutes) may be someone else’s medium, and so on. This is so people can work on improving their own personal bests. It encourages the more advanced LD’ers to work hard too. To help you get a definite idea of what your usual duration is, you must post your average (or medium) LD time when you sign up.
Chaining and regaining lucidity: Every time you chain or get back your lucidity from having lost it, you are awarded 5 points. However, the new LD is counted as a continuation of the previous one; so, for example, you can have a medium LD, then chain and raise the LD score to that of a long one.
These are the points you are awarded for attempting, and completing, the various tasks. You do not have to be lucid to complete a task, but you will earn the most points while lucid. Each task will have different ways of rewarding points, and they will be explained as each task is posted.
You will earn points for completing the tasks as they are set, but you might earn more points if you do it in your personal style or as part of achieving one of your own goals. At the end of each task, I will chose one person who I thought had the coolest or most creative way of accomplishing the task, and award them bonus points.
Any task can be attempted any number of times; however, the scores are not cumulative among the same task. Only the best score is awarded for each one. (Example: You earn 50 points on first attempt but only 20 on the second. You will only earn points from the first.)
For each task, the following bonuses can be awarded:
+30 lucid points (for any task accomplished while lucid; this is separate from LD points)
+20 combo points (for completing two previously untried tasks in the same dream; if you already collected points for a task it is no longer eligible for the combo points)
+20 early points (for completing the last task active when you go to sleep)
+5 creativity points (for the person I think has the coolest or most creative solution for the task. 5 points is the minimum, but certain tasks may award more points and possibly be awarded to more than one person; if this is the case, then it will be specified in the task posting)
Base idea for awarding points in each task:
Generally, points for each task will be assigned as follows:
- Completing the basic task. (30-50 pts)
- Completing secondary tasks. (10-50 pts)
- Points earned per action or variation. (5-20 pts per tick)
Note, there can be exceptions to the formula above depending on the task.
The monthly Quest counts as a task, and awards 75 points for completion.
(I added more points for the quest, as I think the quest is a neat idea, and I would like to see more people attempt it. It was 50 points, but will be 75 points in LC 37.)
When you sign up, also give your personal task(s). That is, a task that is one of your goals for LD’ing. I will award up to 100 points in total per person for completing your tasks.
You can complete addition personal tasks after the first for +25 pts each but you must approve them through the TM first.
Be careful, personal goals and average LD lengths cannot be changed while the challenge runs.
The lucid/combo/early bonuses aren’t awarded for completing your personal tasks.
Deadlines and Calculation
Challenges will last 7 days each. I may announce extensions at any time based on extenuating circumstances. If I haven’t posted the new challenge after 7 days, consider the task extended until 1 night after the next task is posted.
If you have any questions about deadlines, please PM me.
[color=red]For posting dream info to gain points:
I am fairly technical and like to be fair. Also, I’m a little bit lazy. Please follow the following format so that I can insure that everyone is given a fair score.
- #LD and length of each one (please specify short, medium, or long; otherwise, I will make my own judgment based off of the length of the dream and your average LD time.)
- Any task completed and relevant task information (e.g., what task completed and if you were lucid), but not the whole dream yet.
- Anything else that is relevant for points, such as completion of personal goal, completion of current quest, chaining, and anything else.
- Now, please feel free to post your whole dream or a link to your dream journal; however, it is not mandatory as long as you supplied the above information. By posting your dream, though, I may notice things you did that are eligible for points, so it may be beneficial to do so. (On tasks that may require creativity, you must post the dream or a link to your dream journal if you want to possibly gain those points. Additionally, when posting your dream, please try to highlight the LC relevant parts so that I can make sure that I am not missing anything important in your dream.)
Don’t worry about the point calculations; I will be calculating all the scores. (It is required, given the possibility of bonus points.)
If you feel I made an error in points, please PM me immediately and I will either explain or correct. We are here to have fun, so if you and I disagree on how many points you have earned, please do not make a scene. If you don’t like how I award points, then win the LC so you can make up your own rules!
As per tradition, the Challenge will be open to up to 20 participants with a minimum of 10. When the minimum amount is reached, the first task will be posted as soon as possible.
I’ll allow signups after the first task is posted, but not if this means we reach more than 20 participants.
Sign-up List [Name, medium length LD, personal task]
- Thorn, 4 minutes, transform my entire body
- Lucidis, 10 minutes, dilate time by at least a day
- James_uk2008, 3 minutes, instantly transform my body
- Masonc1, 5 minutes, create a working dream clock
- Omnisomnia, 10 minutes, have a fully lucid dream in heavy sleep lasting at least 25 min with no dilation
- MrLucidZombie, 4 minutes, Fly to 10 different countries and bring DC’s with
- argon, 3 minutes, fly more than 5 meters above the ground.
- Scipio Xaos, 4 minutes, Find the DC I’ve been looking for.
- Rhewin the Great and Powerful, 4-7 minutes, defeat Xander in our (ridiculously drawn out) lucid duel!
- Cyclonic, few minutes, ride on a dragonfly
- MagykKatte, 5 minutes, travel in time
- Siiw, 3 minutes, create something and remember it
- StarryGwee, 4-6 minutes, visit parts of Middle Earth (LOTR)
- Jessica, 2 minutes, stay calm in a stressful/frustrating situation
- GigaByte, 2 minutes, see the future and save the present
- squoak, 5-10 minutes, change where I am via spinning around and being there
- mr_Block, 1 minute I think not really sure, meet a DC I’m looking for
- demented, under a minute, get a decent LD