LC I - TM and initiator: Ian1 - winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC II - TM: Magnus - winner: Q
LC III - TM: Q - winner: Bravsein
LC IV - TM: Bravsein - winner: WritersCube
LC V - TM: WritersCube - winner: dimsya
LC VI - TM: dimsya - winner: Queen SD
LC VII - TM: Ysim - winner: Mugiwara
LC VIII - TM: Mugiwara - winner: Ysim
LC IX - TM: Ysim - winner: Tundra
LC X -TM: Tundra - winner: ebil shrimp
LC 11 -TM: Ebil shrimp - winner: Tundra
LC 12 - TM: HebrewB - winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 - TM: Blue&White - winner: relV
LC 14 - TM: relV - winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 - TM: GHOSTIE11 - winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 - TM: Danielns13 - winner: rkr7
LC 17 - TM: Angelmouse - winner: pasQuale
LC 18 - TM: Magnus - winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 - TM: Amaryllis - winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 - TM: Dryalantha - winner: Undecided (but probably Wyvern)
LC 22 - TM: Danilens 13 - winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Wyvern
LC 24 - TM: Wyvern - winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Solaris
LC 26 - TM: Solaris - winner: Rhewin
LC 27 - TM: tosxyChor - winner: Rhewin
LC 28 - TM: Rhewin - winner: Siiw
LC 29 – TM: Siiw – winner: Rhewin
Hello, and welcome to Lucid Challenge #30. It will be my pleasure to be the taskmaster of this round.
The LC is a method that has been carried out in order to motivate participants in their quests for lucidity and provide them with short-term goals that will hopefully be interesting and enjoyable. It is an opportunity for lucid dreamers to improve their dream-skills and creativity, while also competing with other dreamers for the chance to host the next LC.
The following are the rules. Changes from the previous challenge are in bold red.
You get these just for having an LD! You do not have to complete a task to get these, so post any and every lucid experience!
Points awarded for each dream:
- You wonder if you’re dreaming. + 5pts
- You become lucid but wake up shortly after or lose lucidity very quickly (generally 30 seconds or less for most dreamers). + 10pts
- Short LD: You have whatever you would consider to be short according to typical LD’s you’ve had in the past. + 20pts
- Medium/Average LD: You have what you would consider a medium size LD. This should be the average length of most of your dreams up to this point. + 30pts
- Long LD: You have what you would consider a long LD. + 40pts
[color=red][b] Everybody is to provide an average length on signup (unless you have never had an LD before), and point calculating will be done accordingly.
For those who have never had a lucid dream before, there will be no short LD option. Dreams over 30 seconds and less than 5 minutes will be considered medium length, and dreams over 5 minutes will be considered long LDs.[/b] [/color]
A dream is considered a single one until you get out of bed and/or write down your dreams.
If you have your first lucid dream while the Challenge is running you will get +50pts.
As you can see, this scoring system is very subjective. This is because different people have different average lengths for lucid dreams. What one person may consider short (5 minutes) may be someone else’s medium and so on. This is so people can work on improving their own personal bests. It encourages the more advanced LD’ers to work hard too. To help you get a definite idea of what your usual duration is, you must post your average (or medium) LD time when you sign up.
Chaining and regaining lucidity: Every time you chain or get back your lucidity from having lost it, you are awarded 5 points. However, the new LD is counted as a continuation of the previous one; so, for example, you can have a medium LD, then chain and raise the LD score to that of a long one.
These are the points you are awarded for attempting, and completing, the various tasks. You do not have to be lucid to complete a task, but you will earn the most points while lucid. Each task will have different ways of rewarding points, and they will be explained as each task is posted.
This challenge will focus on personal goals and creativity. You will earn points for completing the tasks as they are set, but you might earn more points if you do it in your personal style or as part of achieving one of your own goals. I can also award bonus points for outstanding creativity or spectacular solutions, but no more than 10 points pr. night and person.
Any task can be attempted any number of times, however the scores are not cumulative among the same task. Only the best score is awarded for each one. (Example: You earn 50 points on first attempt but only 20 on the second. You will only earn points from the first).
For each task, the following bonuses can be awarded:
+30 lucid points (for any task accomplished while lucid; this is separate from lucid points)
+20 early points (for completing the last task active when you go to sleep)
+10 creativity points (for using creative solutions in your LDs)
Base idea for awarding points in each task:
Generally, the basic points-tree of LC 30 will be as follows:
- Completing the basic task. (30-50 pts)
- Completing secondary tasks. (10-50 pts)
- Points earned per action or variation. (5-20 pts per tick)
The monthly Quest counts as task, and awards 50 points for completion.
When you sign up, also give your personal task(s). That is, a task that is one of your goals for LD’ing. I will award up to 120 pts in total pr. person for completing your tasks.
If you submit one personal goal, you will earn 120 points for completing it. This cannot be repeated. If you submit several goals, you will get 120 points divided with the number of tasks you submit. For example, if you have five goals, completing one will award you 24 points…
Be careful, personal goals and average LD lengths cannot be changed while the challenge runs.
Deadlines and Calculation
[color=red][b]I will attempt to have tasks up by 6 p.m. GMT. There will be 7 tasks total, and each will be up for a week.
You have two options for the point calculation process:
- You either write whole dreams here or post a link to your online DJ.
- Or you can just specify which basic task and secondary tasks and repetitions you completed and your points calculating will be again done accordingly. However, by doing this, you will lose your chance of getting creativity bonus points.
I will accept entries as late as exactly one day after the next task is posted for early points. The reason for this is the variation in time zones between LD4all members.
Don’t worry about the point calculations, I will be calculating all the scores. (It is required, given the possibility of bonus points.)
If you feel I made an error in points, please PM me immediately and I will either explain or correct. We are here to have fun, so if you and I disagree on how many points you have earned, please do not make a scene. If you don’t like how I reward points, then win the LC so you can make up your own rules!
As per tradition, the Challenge will be open to up to 20 participants with a minimum of 10. When the minimum amount is reached, the first task will be posted when I see fit.
No sign-ups will be allowed after the first task is posted.
To quote LC 27’s TM: The main aim of all this will be letting the dreamers grow in their ability to explore, use and interact with the dreamscape, plus developing confidence in their actions as well as new techniques, skills, and methods. This is more than a challenge - it is a personal adventure, that will guide you through the world of possibilities that is your dreams, growing better at this awesome and useful skill we call Lucid Dreaming, making it grow steadily, day by day, task by task.
Good luck everybody! I hope this LC will leave each and every one of you with a sense of accomplishment afterwards.
- ZRVera (8-10 min) [Revisit the Shore Village; Transform into Scorpion ZY; Revisit the Hundred Day Planet]
- Magnus (30 sec-5 min) [Visit Calla; Visit Allac; Visit Llaca]
- Rhewin [Defeat Xander in the lucid duel. (LD points not counted)]
- idanl09 (5 min-15 min)[meet my SG]
- BeRightBack (2-5 min)[meet myself]
- StarryGwee (7-15 min) [Explore and have questions answered]
- Geekboy (2-5 min)[talk to my friend emily and really explain things to her.]
- Mimmo_O (2-10 min)[Nom Vera; Grow a sensitive and movable tail]
- Altuno (30 sec-4 min) [Visit My Subconscious]
- Thorn (3-5 min) [Fly via wings]
- Wega (10-30 min) [Win the World Flying Championship]
- Siiw (3-5 min) [Bring back a song]
- Scipio Xaos (1.5 min) [Practice: conjuration; transformation; flying; transmutation; time dilation]
- Time Travel
- Relive Your Prenatal Development
- Infancy, Early Childhood and Play Age
- School Age and Adolescence
- Young Adulthood
- Middle Adulthood and Maturity
- After Death
- ZRVera |290 points|
- Magnus |10 points|
- Rhewin |160 points|
- idanl09 |70 points|
- BeRightBack |110 points|
- StarryGwee |50 points|
- Geekboy |140 points|
- Mimmo_O |390 points|
- Altuno |20 points|
- Thorn |230 points|
- Wega |890 points|
- Siiw |110 points|
- Scipio Xaos |210 points|